Post-match: FCD vs Chicago photos 6/15/2008

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Rex Kramer, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    1st 45: Photos taken from regular seats in 104.
    2nd 45: Photos taken from back of 104 in the shade, because I didn't feel like dying of heat exhaustion today, thanks very much.

Hats off to eveyone who did, particularly those in Inferno and Guardia Roja who managed to keep the noise up throughout the whole game.

Dax warms up
    [​IMG]

Blanco: "That all you got? I bet my booger's bigger than your booger"
    [​IMG]

Coop warms up
    [​IMG]

2. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Shade was at a premium today. The Library flocks to the stage.
    [​IMG]

Hi Hutch!
    [​IMG]

La Raza get themselves set up. I'll only say this once a year, but good to see some Chivas shirts there...
    [​IMG]

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Protest
    [​IMG]

Anthem: Tex
    [​IMG]

Anthem: Some old guy
    [​IMG]

4. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Anthem: Inferno
    [​IMG]

Pablo
    [​IMG]

Blake takes a throw
    [​IMG]

5. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Drew
    [​IMG]

Hell of a block by Brown
    [​IMG]

Reaction shot of Coop's goal. Given that my arms were half way in the air in celebration, I'm not sure how I even got this much
    [​IMG]

6. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Coop and Lazyass celebrate
    [​IMG]

Rocha shoots! Busch saves...
    [​IMG]

Didn't your mama tell you it's rude to point, Dario?
    [​IMG]

7. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Gotta love this shirt
    [​IMG]

Toja: "Give us a penalty and I'll give you a hug!"
    Ref: "..."
    [​IMG]

And this wasn't a simple tap-in for Cooper how, exactly?
    [​IMG]

8. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Dax! Aaah-aaah! Saviour of the universe!
    [​IMG]

No goal
    [​IMG]

No goal
    [​IMG]

9. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    No goal
    [​IMG]

No goal
    [​IMG]

No goal
    [​IMG]

10. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    No goal (seriouxly, there were no other photos in between these 6)
    [​IMG]

Wide shot from the top of 104
    [​IMG]

Dallas wins! Blanco whines!
    [​IMG]

11. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Love this shot. Scoreline and image just sums it all up really. Pity the video board's all screwed up.
    [​IMG]

Prayer circle
    [​IMG]

Hutch and family wait for...
    [​IMG]

12. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    ...Sweaty Coop autographs!
    [​IMG]

Rhine + Rhine Jr.
    [​IMG]

A lot more here

13. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No autograph but something better -- a sweaty Kenny hug for the 11-yr-old in the "Cooper" shirt!

BTW, GREAT photos, Rex!!!!! Great captions, too! And, wow, you got them posted fast!

14. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I was planning on cropping and otherwise editing one or two of them like Brown's block of Oduro's cross, but I had an attack of the lazies, much like Alvarez, and just went ahead and uploaded them.

15. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    Great shots!

I'll post my contribution to society a bit later. I didn't get many shots of the game this time, and of course the lone goal came when my camera was soooo not ready*.

* Turn on, boot up, run checkdisk, download virus updates, run virus checker, defrag disk drive, check for vendor updates, check for 3rd party updates, download latest CNN headlines, check stock quotes, calibrate the lathe, configure printer port, clean up unused desktop icons... OK camera ready!

Translation: Maaaaan, my camera takes 5 SECONDS to get fully ready... maaaaaan! :rolleyes:

16. GraceTX

GraceTX Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Good photos! You got me in my "Ditch Hitch" t-shirt as well as a photo of the Chicago fans who almost got kicked out of the stadium. They wouldn't sit down during the game even though the people behind them kept asking. Eventually the FO and Security got involved and after one Chicago fan kicked another Chicago fan (bearded guy) in the ass, they all sat down.

17. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious what cameras/lenses are being used ? I'm in the hunt for a DSLR and a family of lenses to use. E.g. Can you get decent shots with a Nikon D300 or Canon EOS 40D and a non F2.8 Zoom lens ?

18. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Thanks Rex

Aug 1, 2007
    Plano, TX
    No DSLR for us. We have a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ-18. The 18x optical zoom is the equivalent of a 28-504 35mm lens. Decent camera, although we still need to do some playing around with the settings for evening games.

19. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of my shots have been with a Pentax DSLR (KD100, which has a lowly resolution of 6.2 megapixels and which we bought for shooting outdoor activities, like rec soccer), so while it's not top-of-the-line, Pentax is one of the more durable camera. I have been using a 70-300mm zoom. I crank the ISO at night games. So, I think I get decent shots, if not quite perfect ones. For example (from the NER game). . .

ISO 1600 . . . 1/500. f/4.5 zoomed out 200mm (and cropped a bit, too)
    [​IMG]

One of my favorites. It is blurred a bit, but I still like the action. ISO 3200, zoomed out 200mm and then cropped some digitally.
    [​IMG]

Or, this one . . . Without a lower f-stop, I still get the blurring with motion, but I've been able to ficus on faces to reduce some of the blurred action.
    [​IMG]

Besides the optical zoom, you can do some amount of digital cropping.

I would recommend a Nikon D60. It'll work with all of the Nikon lenses and has enough features to make it a semi-pro camera, really. It has better resolultion than my lowly Pentax. Of course, if you are looking higher end, the cameras you mentioned would be fine!

With my intention to be "legal." I plan to bring our old Nikon D100 and our 70-200mm lens next time. That zoom lens is less than 5". Anything else, and they say you need "media credentials."

Just my $.02! Don't know if this helps at all.

20. Hoopstastic

Hoopstastic New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Before you knock your camera, you may be interested in reading about The Megapixel Myth. As a photography enthusiast, you might find it enlightening.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

There's also a TON of other great information on Mr. Rockwell's site. Be careful, you might get caught reading for hours. :)

21. hutchtx

hutchtx Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info!

I really like my Pentax; overall, it takes good photos. However, having seen what the Nikon D60 can do (which we just got), I know that it (the Pentax) is middle of the road. Or maybe I'm just getting more picky. :) I was out shooting flowers and bugs the other day with my Nikon f/2.8 lens and was enjoying the difference.

Anyway, a lot is personal preference and what you want to be able to do.

22. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My old man recommended the Nikon D60; and he's got two Nikon zoom lenses to give to me ! I've heard from sources to get the best possible body I can afford and from another to start out with a cheap body and spend the savings on a good lense. The EOS 40D looks to be the best bang for the buck (even compared to the D60), but I'm intrigued by the D300; faster speeds and ergonomics I find more "user-intuitive". Of course, if I spent a little time, I could probably learn to live with the Canon; especially given the price-differential.

23. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It pisses me off that people want to sit at matches..... you're supposed to stand, sing, and support your team. Sitting is for baseball. Great pic's though throughout this thread. I pop into PHP every so often to catch a match and always look forward to the pic's you guys post on BS. There's even a pic of a FCD supporters group sitting politely in the afternoon sun. And for those Fire fans that tried to stand, nice job but you gave up??? It's commonly known that you can't sit down with a city flag.

24. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    That's nice. Tell that to Old Trafford and the other EPL venues where sitting is quite the norm. As for why, study.

Kindly piss off. :rolleyes: