FCB - Real Soc. 11/2 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Kobranzilla, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunday game...away to a Real team that is always dangerous but is having a rough start to the season.
    They have 2 wins and 2 ties at hoem so far and currently sit in 10th place with 12 points.

Should be an interesting match.

2. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Yes, I agree, this might be very interesting match and tough too. Sociedad is a very tough opponent, they werent lucky so far but they played well. Barca will have to show all her quality and no more mistakes. We will see how good Barca this year really is.
    I hope Rijkaard will use the same squad as he did against Murcia (instead of Quaresma LE21 should play because he is more experience and knows the players better). If Barca will play the same as they did in second half against Murcia than we shouldn’t have problems. One more thing that talks for us is that Barca plays better away than at home. This time we should win with the same tactic as Depo and Valencia won in Barcelona. We should play counter attacks; Saviola and Ronnie are masters of such game. If we score first I think we must win.
    Good luck Barca!!!

3. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Final 3-3

Motta, Overmars (as a sub) and Gabri scored for Barca. Great result if you ask me, we played away. And we finally start scoring goals- 3 games 9 goals!!! :D

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened to our defence? Who saw the game? How did Valdes play?

5. Martin Cutler

Martin Cutler New Member

Sep 30, 2002
    San Diego
    I'd have to say that was one of the more entertaining games I've seen this season. A well played, clean match by both teams. De Pedro is such a good player, I guess it's only his temper which keeps him off of Spain's national team. Have to say all of the goals, with the possible exception of De Pedro's penalty and Jauregui's header (which were pretty standard) were top notch goals. I especially enjoyed Overmars' goal and Karpin's header. Although what in the world was Westerveld doing on Gabri's goal? Looked like he was more interested in directing traffic than in stopping the shot!

Ronaldinho is really fitting in well and his through balls are exquisite (next best thing to those from Zidane). Saviola was quiet but he's a good player and I still don't understand why he doesn't play ALONGSIDE Kluivert instead of one or the other. Saviola needs to play off of a bigger center forward.

Motta is also coming along quite nicely but Barcelona's defense is still the weak link. Valdes is a keeper with some promise and wasn't at fault for any of today's goals but why did you acquire Rustu, one of the 10 or so best goalies in the world only to make him sit on the bench? And where's Rafael Marquez when Barca has such a fragile defense?

Barca is a team with a lot of talent but in my opinion they aren't as good as Valencia, Deportivo and Real Madrid. They just have too many holes.

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Hey Martin! I noticed that too! he was expecting a cross and not the shot!

I'd want to ask that to FR!

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    BTW Medina Cantalejo screwed us again with that PK! 6 pks against us in 9 matches! sheesh!

8. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Just for me, from PK once again (i dont understand what were you trying to say-sorry)

9. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed this game, no way for me to catch it on TV, but have to say I am happy for the following reasons:

1) we went on the road and earned a hard fought tie with a tough opponent in a tough stadium

2) we continued to find ways to score goals

3) we showed resilience in fighting back after Motta's second yellow to not give up and earn a vbaluable away point

4) I hate Real Madrid (that has nothing to do with this thread, but I thought I would throw that in there)

:)

Once Gaucho and company get more comfortable, this is going to a be a formidable offensive team, and if FR can get the Defense to pull toegther, I would be worrried to be any of the top 3 ......

10. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whomever saw the game, was Puyol in Central Defence or back on the outside in Right back?

11. Jay Clark

Jay Clark New Member

May 21, 2001
    Wrigleyville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is an intruiging point- I think its easy to start taking the magnifying glass to FR and the results, but we have to remember that we're 10 weeks into his first campaign, and FCB has got a a new player in a pivitol role on the pitch. Its gonna take a little while to figure it all out. I don't think Barça has lost on the road yet this year, which is great news. They've been shaky at home but that will change, rest assured.

My sense is still that they are giving up to many second half goals. That could be more about concentration and character than about formation, but those of you seeing all the matches would know better. If the back line can solidify then it won't much matter if Valdes or Rustu is back there, but we've been complaining about the back line in this forum since about day one so I'm not holding my breath.

I don't normally circle matches on the calendar as "key games" because points are points, but if they can keep the momentum up for the next few weeks and win against 'a certain team' on December 7 it could be a springboard to a memorable season. (Fingers crossed.)

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    its gonna be in our soil!

13. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Puyol played in a central role and Gabri was on the right from what I can remember. All the games are on at the same time as my Sunday league games, so I record them and watch them later in the evening. However, after extended "post-game analysis" at the pub after our game, I snoozed through about 70 of the 90 minutes. I definitely will be watching it again as all the action seemed to be in the second half.

I'm definitely pleased with the result though.

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed the match so I'd like to know how Sociedad's goals were scored on crosses from which side because I really don't like Gabri playing to the right of Puyol. I think Puyol should be going face-to-face w/ the Left winger he's much more athletically gifted than Gabri. Even though Gabri scored

Now, if FR would make a sub for Puyol and rest him and stop running him 90 every match the central role allows him to be relieved of any offensive participation perhaps saving him some energy but I don't like that idea.

15. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    1st goal, a cross by Rekarte on Gio's side and Motta stared while jauregi rose in front of him and hammered home.
    2nd goal, a corner (I think) and Motta proceeded to grab a shirt right in frong of that #@$@# Cantalejo for an absurd pk.
    3rd goal, a broken play, cross from the Gabri side (Gabri did not play bad) and Gio actually ducked out of the way for Karpin to hammer it home.

Gio and Motta were terrible. Gabri was ok.

Had Puyol not been in the center of the field, Erreala would have socre more goals. Puyol was King back there and its hard to see FR changing him.

16. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying Puyol can't play in the Center...I guess Puyol is there for necessity, I'm glad to here that Gabri played well, because I was kinda upset at him because of what happened against Deportivo at Home, when he gave VIcente too much space to cross the ball. ....We still need a Left Back. GvB is not the solution

17. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    When does Navarro come back? He had shown some good plays before he got an injury. I think Barca was interesting to sign Dede from Borussia Dortmund, but they didnt want to sell him (or saying better they demand to much money for him). I dont know, does Dede have EU passport (German), becouse he is a Brazilian.
    Why did Barca sell Coco??? whit him there will be no problem.