FCB - Panionios UEFA [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Kobranzilla, Oct 17, 2003.

1. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mean to discredit Marquez, but If he's going shoulder/shoulder w/ Heskey or even Adriano I'd think Marquez wouldn't come out the better of the two. I'm not saying he's small.. I think Puyol or GvB is the smallest starting full back but if he's playing better in the midfield, play him there.

2. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fair enough..

But having said that, Can you tell me what has Emile Heskey ever done for England?

He's been the most overrated/non-producing starting forward in international football for the past 5 or so years.

I always said play Robbie Fowler but I don't run the English team.

Oh well, Rooney starts now, so whatever.

3. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    Two words: Patrick Kluivert

4. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He does score for Holland quite often.

But domestically, he's a cancer. :D

5. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    It would be interstng to watch this game in Barcelona. We are playing without Ronnie, so as is said on web Rijkaard will play Saviola and Kluivert. Finally back to two strikers. I would like to see how they are going to play together again. (btw, Rijkaard should rest Puyol!!! HE IS NOT A MACHNE)

6. barça

barça New Member

May 31, 2003
    In a plane
    Heard on the radio this morning: No Puyol and no Cocu, Mario will get his first start.

7. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    finally some rest for Puyol, we will see what is this Mario made off

8. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Squad for Panionius game

Rijkaard released an 18-strong squad list on Wednesday in which four of the men who played against Villarreal are missing. Cocu and Puyol are rested, Iniesta has joined up with Spains under-20s squad and Sergio Santamaría is not registered for the UEFA Cup. Gerard, Quaresma and Mario all return after injury and reserve team youngster Ramon Ros once again gets the nod from the manager.

Judging by events in the morning's training session, Rijkaard may also decide to rest Víctor Valdés, Gabri and Van Bronckhorst. The full squad list is: Rüstü, Valdés, Gabri, Reiziger, Mario, Márquez, Oscar López, Van Bronckhorst, Xavi, Motta, Gerard, Ros, Quaresma, Kluivert, Luis García, Saviola, Luis Enrique and Overmars.

Gerard will probably play Ronnie position if he starts. Quaresma back on right wing, Mario and Marquez will play central defence.

9. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    i feel better now that FR will rest Tarzan

10. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What..Puyol is getting rested? Will wonders never cease? What's next? Life on Mars?

11. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

I am sure, the way the Panionios Squad see it is, "lets go there, gain experiences and avoid humiliation"

So I guess Barca themselves can afford to have a relaxing afternoon and give some playing time to bench players at the same time...

12. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    6 euros???? dammit why Im not in Barcelona when they play at such low ticket prices!

Hey Dimitris!

13. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

Wow! Is 6 Euros the price!?

LOL!

14. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    yep, to encourage the fanbase to go and party before the kickoff!

15. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

The way the first match went... people would not go even if they threw in topless dancers! LOL!

16. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Well Dimitri, that depends on where the dancers are from. Last time I was in Kini (In Syros) and some of the dancers were hot.

17. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

;)

Dont talk about these things in the heart of the winter man! Wait a while... LOL!

18. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Watched the game today on Fox Sports en Español.

Is it just me or does Quaresma seem.. shall we say.. lazy? Flojo? Huevon?

Does he think he's a superstar or something?

Anyway, I enjoyed watching my boy Marquez once again give a solid display at the back.

I know Mario is upset that Saviola couldn't finish that brill. pass from Rafa at the start of the 2nd half. :)

19. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Barca-Panionios 2-0

Saviola and Luis Garcia for Barca, bouth in first haf, report later.

20. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    well Iason wants you to get warm memories in these freezing days!

21. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal

I still have to watch the highlights to get mad at Javier and criticize RQ.

Im still waiting for your report Klemen!

22. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stopped watching after LE21 got sent off.

23. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw my first Barça match since the Man Scum US Tour, so that was a nice way to spend part of my Thanksgiving.

They basically dominated Panionios. Even with Barça down to 10 men, Panionios never looked like they could mount a comeback. Brilliant goal by Saviola, although he had some great chances to put it away after that.

Like someone said before, Quaresma did look lazy at times. But when he wants to flash his brilliance, he does so and does it well. Bad red card taken by Luis Enrique too. I know that he was taken down, but that elbow was totally uncalled for. Although that player did make it look like he was shot. Maybe he took lessons from Van Nistelrooy or something.

Well, a nice win by Barcelona. It was nice to see them on tv, and it definitely got me to start following this team a bit more closely again.

24. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

Very poor performance by Panionios. They were even worse when they were 1 man up!

But losing 2-0 in Camp Neu would be OK even for the bigger teams in Greece (if they played well) so Panionios are actually quite happy with the outcome.

25. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Believe me, you didn't miss anything. It was a pretty dull affair, but hey, it sure beat the Putt-Putt Championship that was on ESPN about an hour later. Funny stuff.

LE21 will probably get 3 games for that elbow. For a minute I thought he was going to get away with it.