FC Vaduz

Discussion in 'Austria & Switzerland' started by RobtheAggie, Dec 15, 2002.

1. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The long awaited answer to their fourtunes. In fact, according to an interview with the president of Yverdon-Sport, he said that Vaduz can not each LNA, because they are out of the country. They can play in the promotion round, but can not climb up. He calls it an abberation, I think that he is a little bitter still (Me too, what a terrible loss). So that means in essence, there are only seven teams fighting for the two spots. No Champions League for Fc Vaduz in the near future.

2. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Promote Vaduz...NOW !

4. darrenjolley

darrenjolley Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Chorley, England
    Vaduz

Surely they should be allowed to play in the NLA. Swansea were allowed to play in the English first division in the early eighties despite them being Welsh AND playing in Europe representing Wales (as winners of the Welsh cup). It is not as if they could even play in another league. If they are not allowed then they should leave the LFV and join the SFV. All this would mean is they would be unable to play in the Liechtenstein cup and then play in Europe if they win it. But surely the revenue from home games against Basle and Grasshoppers would be more than adequate compensation.

5. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am all for them playing in the LNA if they can qualify. Home games for Vaduz are not that much, I think their stadium only holds 5000. I am not sure if the UEFA Cup loss would be overcome with home games against Basel and Grasshopper, but it could. It should be interesting to see though. Because the promotion round is only for two teams to advance this year, Vaduz choose a bad year to try and go up. If they can, that would be great.