FC Tampa Bay Rowdies Parking Passes‏

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by law5guy, Apr 27, 2010.

1. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
    So... They have the parking passes on sale.

Dear FC Tampa Bay Rowdies season ticket holder,

The FC Tampa Bay Rowdies would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support throughout the upcoming 2010 season.

The FC Tampa Bay Rowdies are pleased to offer their season ticket holders the opportunity to purchase "prepaid" season reserved parking passes for the reserved parking lot located inside George M. Steinbrenner Field. The total cost is $200 per season parking pass which includes individual parking passes for all 15 home games (a single game savings of $25). Game day parking is $15. We accept Cash, check or money order only for season parking passes. All checks should be made payable to the New York Yankees. Remit payment to:

George Steinbrenner Field
    1 Steinbrenner Drive
    Tampa Florida 33614
    Attn: Ticket Office

To purchase season parking passes please contact the George Steinbrenner Field box office at 813-879-2244 or via email at bvaldez@yankees.com

We look forward to seeing you this season!

So.. with the parking pass I save a grand total of 1.67 per game.

All I can say is WOW.. what a deal.

2. RowdyBull

RowdyBull New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $15 for parking?! Are they out of their minds? I can honestly guarantee you guys I will not be going to as many games as I hoped to this year because of this. When the parking exceeds the price of the ticket....that's just wrong. Yet another reason I wish Tampa had better mass transport.

BTW:

Bucs parking: $25, Rays: $15, Rowdies: $15, Lightning: $5,

3. Soccer Budgie

Soccer Budgie Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I do feel your pain, but they are talking about reserved parking on the GSF site.

4. RowdyBull

RowdyBull New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It says reserved parking is for season ticket holders at a price of $200. Then it follows up saying gameday parking is $15. There is really no point in offering reserved parking day of game so that leads me to believe they put $15 gameday parking in there as a reference point.

They should have worded it more clearly.

5. Soccer Budgie

Soccer Budgie Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I agree. The point I am trying to make is most folks are going to park across Dale Mabry on the Raymond James side parking and take the pedestrian bridge over to GSF. That parking is supposed to cost $10, or $8 (in a season ticket package).

6. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where have you seen that parking on the Dale Mabry side will cost $10 per game , with $8/game packages?

So the $200 season parking pass is only for the parking on the GSF side of Dale Mabry?

7. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Mob is already discussing parking at K-mart or Target and carpooling. So don't miss games on account of parking costs.

8. Soccer Budgie

Soccer Budgie Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not seen them yet, I am just going by what my sales rep has told me to expect.

9. cruzazulsdad

cruzazulsdad Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All checks should be made payable to the New York Yankees.

Don't get upset with the Rowdies they are not getting a penny of this

10. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The $200 parking pass in onsite of GSF. The general parking across the footbridge is what you quoted above. It is on the Rowdies website under GSF / Parking

http://fctampabay.com/page/george-m-steinbrenner-field

11. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the negatives that comes with leasing a stadium with the Yankees. Got to pay Jeter's salary you know! Interestingly enough the parking there is free for the Tampa Yankees minor league games. More incentive to get the Rowdies their own stadium sooner rather than later.

12. BigJohn

BigJohn Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The better the attendance the sooner that could happen. Shake some branches and rattle some cages and get everyone we can to the games.

13. Mailman44

Mailman44 Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lithia
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No concerns there, I am passing the word about the Rowdies like John The Baptist did the gospel. Have already gotten 10 people who knew nothing about the Rowdies to come to the first game.

14. cruzazulsdad

cruzazulsdad Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    way to deliver Mailman!!!!!!

15. brandonsoccerfan

brandonsoccerfan New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    BigJohn, nice meeting you the other night at the watch party! (I'm Paul). After talking to Brian Valdez from the Yankees, it sounds like it works this way. They will use the GSF lot until it fills up and then the Ray Jay lots as overflow. Parking will cost $15 per game unless you buy the $200 pass which is something like $13.30 per game. That pass only includes the 15 regular season games, no friendlies or playoffs. There will be no $8/$10 parking as discussed before. That was simply a rumor that was unfortunately untrue. The Rowdies and the Yankees agreed to the price. I'm not sure if the Rowdies are seeing a cut of the parking revenue. I, like everyone else, am not happy about this.

16. Soccer Budgie

Soccer Budgie Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear you AND it is completely different from what is posted on the Rowdies website: http://fctampabay.com/page/george-m-steinbrenner-field under parking!

17. brandonsoccerfan

Aug 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Wow, I never noticed the tab on their site! I just called Brian Valdez with the Yankees back and asked him. He said there will be $10 parking accross the street in the lot connected by the pedestrian bridge! As for the $8 per game season ticket price, he was unaware of this and is currently checking with the team. Thanks for pointing this out!

18. Adam112572

Adam112572 Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Tampa Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any ideas about parking at HCC?

19. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need to clear this up NOW, not later.

20. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001
  21. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please stop posting if you aren't going to follow along or don't know all of the information. It says one thing on the FC Tampa site, but when called and asked the Yankees people who control this crap feigned ignorance of those prices. It took a small amount of hand wringing to sort out that there might be $8/game passes after all.

What they tried to do with the email sent out to season ticket holders was pull a fast one, not mention the cheaper parking options when it came time to actually start selling passes in the hopes that they would sell all of the extremely, ridiculously overpriced parking first.

It was underhanded and they have yet to start offering the cheaper parking passes for sale. So how clear is it again?

22. brandonsoccerfan

Aug 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    They've changed that page since last night! They no longer have anything about the $8 per game season parking book. Looks like it's $10 per game, no season parking pass for that area.

23. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm definitely not paying a dollar for parking unless we carpool from somewhere else. This is a shame and should prompt the Rowdies to renew, vigorously, there attempts at getting their own digs.

24. law5guy

law5guy Member

Jun 26, 2001

What fast one?

The email was sent by the Tampa Yankee's specifically stated that they were selling reserved parking passes. If you read anything else into that email... sorry... it wasn't there.

We read:

ridiculously overpriced parking ... I guess that is an opinion? If you are paying the "ridiculously overpriced" $420 (what were they smoking when they came up with that price) season tickets ... then a bit over $13 isn't so bad.

For an extra 3 dollars (at the parking pass rate) you get paved parking, right next to the staduim. Surely that is worth some premium over the $10 for parking on the grass and walking across to the staduim.

Am I going to pay that much, nope. But... I am sure that someone will.

Maybe they said "might" because they do have a $8 season parking pass for Yankees Sping Training.

"Might" does not mean "will be".

25. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get season tickets for as low as $150. Dude you are starting to get to me.

Also, the $8/game season parking pass appears to be off the table as it has been removed from the Rowdies home page. This is ********ing lame.