FC Porto vs. UD Leiria [R] SL Week 31 ; 14/04/2006

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by ferreirajl, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    [​IMG]vs[​IMG]

Liga Betandwin.com - Week 31
    14 th of April 2006, 19H45 GMT Live on [​IMG]

Last encounters

FC Porto 1-1 U. Leiria SuperLiga 2004/2005
    FC Porto 2-1 U. Leiria SuperLiga 2003/2004
    FC Porto 1-0 U. Leiria Supertaça 2002/03
    FC Porto 2-0 U. Leiria SuperLiga 2002/2003
    FC Porto 1-0 U. Leiria Taça de Portugal 2002/2003
    FC Porto 2-1 U. Leiria Liga Portuguesa 2001/02
    FC Porto 3-0 U. Leiria Liga Portuguesa 2000/01
    FC Porto 4-2 U. Leiria Liga Portuguesa 1999/00
    FC Porto 3-1 U. Leiria Liga Portuguesa 1998/99
    FC Porto 2-0 U. Leiria Liga Portuguesa 1996/97

2. Portista Sempre

Portista Sempre New Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Hopefully it's a full house and another impressive win at home.

3. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Final 1-0 Adriano assisted by McCarthy. It wasn't beautiful but enough to win. Four points to go. :)

4. Portista Sempre

Dec 11, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    I don't know about you guys but I thought Porto played great tonight. Costinha was the main reason Leiria did not concede more than 1, the man always comes up big for them iin games like this. We pressured, attacked and defended well.

5. 2DRAGAO4

2DRAGAO4 Red Card

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto, Porto
    It was a very weak effort in my opinion by Porto, but nonetheless...we were the better team. It reminded me of the showcase they performed in the Dragao vs. Sporting. Im dissapointed they made U.Leiria look like a good team! When in reality these small clubs(sporting,leiria) don't have much in terms of competing vs. our team on its good days! Lucho looks all but ready to play for Argentina!(Congrats for him!) WHAT DID evryone think of "Harrison" who is rumoured to come to Porto at the end of th season... pretty decent i might add! Well next week will be much of the same, dont be surprised if Porto doesnt get more than 1 goal, but with Helton in net a goal is next to impossible!I already celebrated the Championship after the victory against the 2nd rate Lisbon team last week, as Im sure so did many Portistas!We are the best Portuguese team, Sem duvidas! Can't wait for the Transfer season to unveil: Jose Castro(next CARVALHO) and Rolando(next PEPE) are the two players I'd love to see on porto, young and full of quality!

6. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Porto didn't look impressive at all. Without Quaresma, they looked lost in the midfield. In fact, Leiria really played much better and only failed because of a lack of killer instinct. A tie may have been the fairer result. Also, Porto's goal seemed a bit off-side - anyone agree?

8. T.Reis

T.Reis New Member

May 23, 2005
    Oakville, Canada
    IMO they should fire who ever that jackass play by play guy is on the radio! LOL!

I only got a chance to listen to the game today and although from what I heard may be Porto didn't play that great but the guy almost put me to sleep!
    He had no emotion at all even when Adriano scored he simply did his GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! simply because he had to becasue it was his job.

You could even hear the Dragao crowd in the backround singing with great pride both when Adriano socred and towards the end of the game but he continued to act very plain on the radio.

Atleast he showed some emotion when Lucho got sent off!

What's wrong dude? You a Sporting fan?

Anyway it sounded like u could file this one under a win's a win! Great job in getting the 3 points boys!

This one was for Co!

Viva Porto!

9. Portista Sempre

Dec 11, 2005
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Are you kidding? Porto played for the win and it was a fair result, Leiria did not deserve a point. Yes there was times where we let Leiria in on the counter attack but we had many chances to increase the lead. Adriano's goal was not offside, he was set up perfectly.

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    it was pretty close to offside, if they were unlucky some lineman would have flagged it.

11. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I understand you had doubts until the goal was shown in replay and slow-motion. Afterwards there shouldn't be any more doubts. If anything he was in line with the pass and it has been a few years now since this particular play has become legal. :cool:

12. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    The title is coming home :)

13. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I am not trolling or flaming, but Adriano was offside..

It happens..Congrats to the Tripeiros they should be able to clinch next week...

14. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Mr JLR, its not offside if the pass comes from a player ahead of the one receiving the ball...McCarthy was in front of Adriano so the passback is not offside.

Check the rule book!!!

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Definitly not offside...the replay showed that.

16. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    flamer! :D

17. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Definitely not offside. I gather those that think it was off-side are the same ones who are upset their team mustered a measly draw this week ;) j/k

18. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    yea! i didnt even see the game and i knew he was onside ! :D

19. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    LOL - so long as our glasses are different colours, we will never see anything in the same scope. It doesn't matter - FCP are champs this year, and deservedly so.

20. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If you didn't see the match, then it's pretty easy for you to find a good clip of the goal online.

21. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    why? i dont need to see it, im agreeing with you he was onside. I know this cause certain ppl are complaining that he was offside :D