FC Porto vs Real Madrid[R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Sep 16, 2003.

1. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    right, but for real madrid game, you will not happy to heard that, but Zidane said that if real madrid is qualified before the match, he'd prefer loosing the match against OM...
    I am agree with you that's not fair, but he said that, and even they are qualified before this match, they will be more determined for their last match because they will be at home...
    And we keep the possibilty to win at Belgrade where you did a draw...

Wait and see, and "que le meilleur gagne"!

ALLEZ L'OM!!

2. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Dude, just because Zidane is French you think he is gonna loose a game on purpose to help a French team?
    We could say the same thing about Figo and the manager Queiroz...They would want to win to help a Portuguese team!!!!but we are not gonna say that because is not true and is pretty damn stupid for any player to make a remark like that, and i don't belive Zidane said it...where did you heard or read something to make you belive he said that?

3. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france

I heard him with my own ears, on french TV(telefoot), I was very surprise to heard that, and I think it's abnormal to say that, the problem with Figo is very different, because Zidane has a special feeling with OM, he's born in Marseille and he always been a huge fan of this team, so his heart spoke for him, but I think he just will not play this match, or he will play it completly because he's not unfair, but it will be difficult for him to see all his family and friends against him...

I found this link about the match in madrid(before it), he said "Je n'ai pas trop envie de marquer": he didn't really want to score
    http://sports.tf1.fr/sports/football/liguechampions/0,,1370233,00.html

but we saw, that he played the match very professionally of course, he made a great match...

4. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    i think is wrong of Zidane to come out in public and say that but he is only one player...a team is made of 11 players and subs...not a big deal!!!!

5. david dunn

david dunn New Member

Jun 20, 2003
    france
    I don't want to open a new topic, but zizou said it again, if real is qualified before the match, he will ask to not play the match or he will play "easy"...
    I'm a OM fan, but I don't want that, it's not fair, I am depointed by his attitude, his heart speak...

http://www.football365.fr/depeches/story_117870.shtml

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Real Madrid vs Porto
    Porto to use some of B team players
    game to be played these Tuesday

7. umbra

umbra Member

Aug 19, 2001
    DC
    b team? thats stupid isnt it? i know we are both qualified, but if we win dont we take the lead of the group? meaning we dont play one of the top teams in the next round?

8. TVENTURA

TVENTURA New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    They all will be top teams in the next round....

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Deco his confident of a good result, he wants to defeat Real Madrid

F.C. Porto – «Queremos vencer o Real Madrid» (Deco)

ASF
    O internacional português Deco está confiante que o FC Porto vai conseguir alcançar um bom resultado na partida, de terça-feira, frente ao Real Madrid, para o Grupo F da Liga Campeões.

«A motivação é o próprio jogo. Queremos vencer o Real Madrid e fazer uma boa partida. Embora não seja necessário vencer este desafio para assegurar a passagem para a próxima fase da Liga dos Campeões, o nosso prestígio está em jogo e por isso queremos triunfar», assegurou Deco.

08/12/2003 15:03

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Queiros expects a good show by both teams, you can't expect anything else when two of top ten teams in the World face each other
    No matter if both teams moved into the next round we still have the fans to think about, over 60,000 tickets been sold for the game.

Futebol Internacional – Carlos Queirós espera bom espectáculo frente ao FC Porto

ASF
    O técnico do Real Madrid revelou hoje, em conferência de imprensa, que antevê um bom espectáculo no jogo, de amanhã, frente ao FC Porto, pese embora ambas as equipas tenham já garantido a qualificação para a próxima fase da Liga dos Campeões.

«É natural pensar que para o FC Porto e Real Madrid a partida vai ser confortável, porque as duas equipas já garantiram a qualificação. Ainda assim podemos produzir um excelente espectáculo para os adeptos. Aliás, não tenho dúvidas que ambas as equipas vão entrar em campo com o desejo de vencer, uma vez que está em jogo o prestígio dos dois clubes», começou por dizer Carlos Queirós.

Em relação às ausências na equipa para o jogo de amanhã, técnico dos «merengues» confirmou que apenas não foram convocados Raúl e Helguera, por não estarem operacionais: «Esses dois jogadores estão a cumprir rigorosamente o processo de recuperação e vão falhar a partida frente ao FC Porto.»

Carlos Queirós revelou ainda que a partida com o FC Porto é diferente do habitual: «Será um jogo especial porque é frente ao FC Porto, que hoje em dia é uma das melhores equipas da Europa e é portuguesa.»

Por último, o técnico do Real Madrid abordou a notícia que o clube espanhol está interessado em Van Nistelrooy e confirmou que é um bom jogador, mas por agora está satisfeito com os elementos que tem ao seu dispor.

08/12/2003 16:28

11. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As to the first question, not necessarily. If Porto wins by three or more goals, then they will take top spot in the group. But a win by less of a margin would only see them remain second, because they would still tail Real on head-to-head (three points each but better goal diff. for Real).

As to the second, it would be better to place first, of course, and the teams are generally not as strong who finish second, but as long as we avoid the true European superpowers (top European performers who are having a good year) like ManU, Juve, AC Milan, I think we'll have a good chance to advance. Fortunately we can't face Real until the final.

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    the only player I see out of the roster his McCarthy, Porto to take the A team, and Queiros to do the same, it looks like the writers where wrong.

13. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you can listen to the game live on via internet radio
    www.rdp.pt

both coach's not taken the game for granted they are starting the main team

Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane are playing, and the defence the played against Barcelona intact

Beckham on the bench

Porto without McCarthy

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Is rainning very hard in the Bartolomeu stadium

game underway

15. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    using the main starters

goal Real Madrid Solari
    Real Madrid-1-Porto-0
    9m

16. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    Some commentary:

9' ( 1 - 0 ) Solari (Real Madrid) scores!
    The Argentine takes full advantage of his chance in the side, finishing off a fabulous move that involved Zidane, Luís Figo and a dummy from Ronaldo, before Solari drove the ball into the bottom corner left-footed from 10 metres. Sublime football from Queiroz's side.
    7' Jankauskas (Porto) fouls.
    It's a little harsh on the Lithuanian striker after sloppy play in the Madrid defence lets him in, but he brings down the Spain international full-back trying to create an opening on goal.
    7' Ricardo Costa (Porto) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Figo (Real Madrid).
    6' Jankauskas (Porto) commits a foul after challenging Borja (Real Madrid).
    5' Figo (Real Madrid) takes the corner.
    5' Vítor Baía (Porto) makes a save.
    5' Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid) has an effort on goal.
    Zinedine Zidane plays a stunning slide-rule pass into the path of the Brazilian full-back, and his well-struck drive from a difficult angle forces Vítor Baía to make a fine save.
    4' The Portuguese side have started much the brighter of the two teams, with Madrid struggling to get the ball out of their own half.
    4' Jankauskas (Porto) fouls.
    3' Ricardo Costa (Porto) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Figo (Real Madrid).
    3' Deco plays a brilliant ball in behind the Madrid defence, but it skips off the saturated surface and eludes Derlei, who would have been through on goal.
    1' Figo (Real Madrid) commits a foul after challenging Costinha (Porto).

17. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    12' Deco (Porto) has an effort on goal.
    The 26-year-old, who looks a class act, swings in a vicious free-kick that the goalkeeper drops before grasping at the second attempt, highlighting the soggy conditions the match is being played in.
    12' Deco (Porto) takes a direct free-kick.
    12' Pavón (Real Madrid) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Derlei (Porto).
    10' Jankauskas (Porto) commits a foul after challenging Cambiasso (Real Madrid).

18. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    19' Borja (Real Madrid) fouls.
    17' Porto's pace has eased off since they fell behind, as if they know their chance of winning the group are already gone. But the conditions are not helping these passing sides, and both sets of players are finding it difficult to acclimatise.
    12' César Sánchez (Real Madrid) makes a save.

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Costinha got a yellow and will miss the first game of the next round 1/18
    Porto risk and paid for it.

20. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    27' Costinha (Porto) is cautioned by the referee.
    26' Costinha (Porto) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Borja (Real Madrid).
    26' Derlei (Porto) commits a foul after challenging Figo (Real Madrid).
    25' Alenichev (Porto) fouls.
    The Russia international is perhaps lucky not to be booked for a rash and late tackle on the youngster.
    24' Ricardo Costa (Porto) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Figo (Real Madrid).
    24' Mendes (Porto) commits a foul after challenging Figo (Real Madrid).
    23' Deco (Porto) delivers the corner.
    22' Roberto Carlos finds some space down the Madrid left, but his ball into the penalty area for Ronaldo races off the turf and eludes the big striker.
    21' Mendes (Porto) misses the target.
    21' For the first time, Ronaldo gets himself involved in the play, but after turning past one defender he is easily knocked off the ball.

21. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    It's worth the risk. Porto is playing for the win. A win means it draws a second place finisher from another group.

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Figo score's but go a offside call

still Real Madrid 1-0

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    31m Derlei just missed a opportunity

24. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    32' Derlei (Porto) misses the target.
    30' Deco (Porto) takes the corner.
    30' César Sánchez (Real Madrid) makes a save.
    30' Deco (Porto) has an effort on goal.
    30' Figo (Real Madrid) is flagged for offside.
    The 99-times capped midfielder curls beautifully into the net but the assistant referee's flag goes up to rule him offside.