FC Groningen [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 16, 2002.

1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think Groningen can do it. I'm looking forward to the home game.

This game really didn't do any justice to Groningen's quality.

2. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Whew! Narrow escape yesterday....

We should've scored the second one in the first half, then it would have been all over. But after the equaliser by RKC we completely collapsed and were lucky to get away with a draw even....

We're not looking good. Our play is far from what it was last season. If we play like this on thursday we're out for sure, and if we keep it up for the rest of the season we'll finish 10th...

3. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    A livestream of FC Groningen vs. Partizan Belgrado will be available on the website of TV Noord. http://www.rtvnoord.nl/home/
    The links are on the right side of the page. (don't know if this works for non-Dutch IP addresses though)

Game starts 8 PM in Groningen. (2 PM EDT)

4. Fc_Eindhoven

Fc_Eindhoven New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Im off to Groningen in a couple of weeks. Is the old ground easy to get too? And if any knows, how many zones to go to Veedam?

5. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    CRAP!!!!

One penalty kick away from the group stage :(

I had my doubts when Cornelisse stepped up to take it, he was just brought in and didn't even touch the ball yet....
    To be fair, the first penalty given was a complete bogus call and the 2nd one was doubtfull as well. Couldn't believe that Romanian ref gave us another....

6. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yup, it's not too far from the city center and there's a good bus connection. Just take either line 3 to 'Lewenborg' or line 6 to 'Beijum' and get out at the bridge near the Zaagmuldersweg. You can probably take a pretty good look around as well, since security is virtually non-existent nowadays...

Don't know how many zones it is to Veendam, but there's a Qliner connection so you don't need a 'strippenkaart' just buy a ticket from the driver.

7. Fc_Eindhoven

Fc_Eindhoven New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Ah thats good! Thanks for the info! Cant wait to go to the old ground! Will go to the new one when excelsior play there!

8. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Still unbeaten!!!!

There's no doubt in my mind we will eventually lose an eredivisie game at home at some point, yes yes......

......But at least it won't be against the 'homo's van Vites', whahaha!!! :D

From trailing 1-3 in the '81th to winning 4-3 in '90+2, sweeeet
    Everyone was going absolutely nuts.

[​IMG]

9. Fc_Eindhoven

Fc_Eindhoven New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Re: Still unbeaten!!!!

Yea...excelsior ! Wish I was at that game :O !

10. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

i heard in 11th pctober FC groningen will playing againts Indonesia U23 in freindly match..??plc let me know

11. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How about some actual goaltending next time, Bas....:rolleyes:

12. Fc_Eindhoven

Fc_Eindhoven New Member

Sep 18, 2006

next game for groningen....Excelsior at home ;D

the away end will be full with mainly veendam fans i believe ;D

13. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Veendam fans? Why?
    Some kind of friendship thing going on between those clubs?

Nice to have a midweek fixture after two straight away games. We really need to bounce back now or this will get in our heads.

14. Fc_Eindhoven

Fc_Eindhoven New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Veendam and Excelsior have a strong friendship after what happened a few years ago. Eindhoven, Excelsior and Veendam are a friendship club! Cant wait to go back to Groningen, such a beautiful city!

Btw got pictures of the old ground when fcg were doing a training session ;D

15. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vraagje, hoe is de Vera nu in Groningen? Wil er weer eens een keertje naartoe. Even wat sentiment oppikken en langs de Blauwe Engel en drie gezusters. Vrijdag te zien!

16. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Vera is zoals het altijd was: concerten door de week en swing-avond op zaterdag. :) Ze zijn wel aan het verbouwen geweest en sindsdien ben ik er niet meer geweest dus er zal wel het een en ander veranderd zijn afgezien van de bierleverancier (= nu Grolsch)

Blauwe engel zit nu zo'n draaibar in, net als (bijna) elke Sjoerd Kooistra toko....

17. Fc_Eindhoven

Fc_Eindhoven New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    The away end at fcg sucks. The excelsior fans are no high risk, yet they wouldnt open the bloody gates so we could just go out. Instead we had to walk out of the "official" away end entrance, and took us an hour to get back.

I found the new ground too commerical. I hate how theres shops outside and it just doesnt look like a great place to see football.

18. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Shame it has to be that way. Unfortunately we're not alone on this, most away ends suck..

It IS a great place to see football usually, I've already seen enough games with atmosphere easily rivalling the Oosterpark on a good day. Who cares about the outside anyways? it's all happening INSIDE

The reason it wasn't so great yesterday was because we were playing a side that's digging trenches just outside their own box and keeps defending for 90 mins, and we sucked as well ;)

19. Fc_Eindhoven

Fc_Eindhoven New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Too much security felt like to enjoy the football in the ground. I still cant believe football clubs cover their away ends with nets. We still ended up walking out and thru hundreds to groningen fans, so the idea for keeping us away fans on foot seperate didnt really work.

Excelsior were never going to rival a win anyway and thats why they defended. We have had so many injuries that when slory came off injured the whole team were scared to shoot the ball incase they missed it.

2-1 was a fair result as fcg were the better team.

I still think Veendam is the club of groningen though ;) .

20. Awareness

Awareness New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Leiden
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Moggah. bedankt voor de update. Heb er zin in! Ben vooral benieuwd naar de Vera. Groningen ligt vanaf Leiden niet om de hoek maar het is zeker een geweldige stad. Hopelijk zijn er weer wat apart volk te vinden daar. Als k jullie tegenkom, een rondje van mij! :)

21. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So Close Roda, yet so far away....:D

Deserved win IMO, but I was starting to get worried after Roda drew first blood after the break and were looking to get the upper hand for the rest of the match as well. Luckily we bounced back fairly quick and a slight cock-up by Bodor allowed Suarez to net the winner in stoppage time.
    This would've been less nerve wrecking if Nevland had just converted that 100% chance just before half-time though, let's not do that again Erik....

22. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    I did not see the game, or the highlights...But I was looking at teletext when that 2 popped up. damn you. And congratulations

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Are you ready for your trip to the Hell of Enschede, White-Green Pride?

24. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oh, I was ready.....

Too bad the guys on the pitch decided not to show up

God, I'm pissed off!!! :mad: :(

25. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
    Nice pass by Suarez for the first goal today:

[​IMG]

wonder how much longer they can keep him in Groningen...