FC Dallas vs Toronto FC Pre/In-game thread

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by boomersooner027, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    holy shit. we got lucky on that one.

2. phanson2000

phanson2000 Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Hell of a save Sala!

3. DeLimmer

DeLimmer New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Dallas USA
    PK to FCD !

4. phanson2000

phanson2000 Member

Nov 21, 2006
  5. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    now, that IS a penalty

6. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We're done. 2-0.

7. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    No Ruiz. No Cooper. No problem.

Tied on points for 1st place in the West.

Why is Toja not listed on the MVP poll on mlsnet.com currently? Why does EJ deserve to be on there but not Juan?

8. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would feel bad for TFC and their finishing woes if they didn't whip our asses @ BMO.

Sala had a hell of a game tonight. Only two shots on goal for TFC, but they were dangerous.

9. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    That's what happens when your keeper makes the big saves. Sala only had to make one, but he did it. Props to TFC to not bunkering, and FCD still does have a definite Achilles Heel regarding countering, but that's the negative when you all out attack. Dangerous style, but pretty.

10. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so envious of TFC for their commentators on CBC. They seem to be able to call a game without trying to tell random stories about the players. Well done.

11. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Yeah, I like them too. They were a bit homerific, but skilled nonetheless.

Btw, I thought Denilson was perhaps a difference maker in that he made some tremendous through balls. I was afraid that he would be all show and no go, but he can make plays. A bit more chemistry and look out. That said, FCD can be beaten on the counter.

12. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Still unconvincing on offense. Where's the Sala haters now?

13. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    What we've seen is so-so offense from an all-out attacking front five. Just imagine what will happen once they are all on the same page. At least I think that's the positive outlook.

Toja is clearly not quite 100 percent (he's just missing those sliding tackles), and Dallas' best forward (imo), Cooper, is still on the bench. I like what I see from Denilson. He can pass. And that is BIG. Richardinho just missed several chances. I think maybe the link between the mids and the forwards is almost there.

14. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Is there enough time left in the season to get these guys to gel together, especially once Cooper comes back, is the question.

15. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    That's the million dollar question, imo. Just a matter of chemistry. The talent in the front seven or so is certainly there. I really want to see Cooper back, as FCD is a bit small in the middle. They need some muscle to compliment the technical ability, particularly if they want to outdo teams like Houston.

edit: I would also like add that Adrian Serioux is proving me wrong. I thought he was a waste of space, but am glad to see that he's making significant progress. Good job, Serioux! A healthy Serioux + Goodson = MLS cup. Up Hoops!

16. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    Sala wasn't exactly breaking a sweat out there tonight. Some good saves, some near misses, and fortunately, no spectating in front of the net.

Would have liked some offensive (non-PK) production out of FCD tonight, but tres puntos es tres puntos. Count it!

17. #1TFC

#1TFC Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Section 123
    Good game guys, just finished watching the game on tape delay. Believe it or not our broadcaster, CBC, choice to feature a Nations Cup Horse Jumping meet and so the game was broadcast delayed 90 minutes.:mad:

Anyhow nice win for you. Good luck with the rest of your season.:D

18. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Thanks, TFC is not half bad when they have their whole team. Just decimated by injuries.

19. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC they let the grass grow all week and then paint football lines on it, play football on it longer, then vut it short Saturday which helps get rid of the lines. Also the thicker grass is better for football and helps it hold up...

at least I think that's what they do.

20. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

repped for getting that right....

21. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

See....its like this.....it's called "The Pecking Order" and it came down from the mount wiv some bloke named Moses...."Thou shalt always play the fcuk who costeth the mosteth and maketh the mosteth"...(comes wiv a bit of a caveat....here it is...."Until suchath timeth as said fcuk shall prooveth that)...

a) He cannoteth doiteth anymor eth....

b) The leagueth hath passed his lazy arse by eth....

Bottom eth line eth is that Cooper is fcuked eth....as Ruiz and Dennilson shall playeth and all others shall cometh off eth the bench....eth...or somesuch.....eth.

22. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see Ruiz tonight. I wonder what was up with that.

23. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

22 games to show that the league has....

a) figured his lazy arse out....

b) passed him by.....

eventually even Manchester United got rid of Juan Sebastian Veron....having given him plenty of chances to proove that he couldn't do it in the EPL.....its called cutting your losses.....Manchester United can afford it (and then some) can FCD....??

24. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Ruiz is our best chance to advance out of the first round. Abe is a serviceable backup, but if Morrow is sold on the high isolated target striker, we don't have anyone on the roster who is man enough to play there.

What you are seeing w/ the movement, or lack there of, is obviously a tactical choice by Morrow. Did you see Abe doing any different? In Morrow's scheme the wide forwards occasionally switch, but the center forward is a back to goal, high stretching post up guy.

I too look forward to KCJ's eventual return, and nice campaign to clear him a spot. But, he cannot/willnot play target striker in the Morrow system. You'll need to start picking on the wide guys instead.

25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember reading somewhere on the PHP website back in the day that they're keeping the grass cut 1/4 inch shorter for soccer than for football.