PBP: FC Dallas @ Rapids • 7pm • Sat., May 29

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by unkiemark, May 27, 2021.

1. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    In real news from last week Dicks is Up!

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/dicks-sporting-goods-beats-q1-142146625.htm
    Dick's Sporting Goods beats Q1 earnings, Abercrombie & Fitch Co. turns a profit
    Wed, May 26, 2021, 9:21 AM
    Myles Udland, Brian Sozzi, and Julie Hyman break down retail earnings from Dick’s Sporting Goods that saw record earnings that included a 115% increase in same-store sales and Abercrombie & Fitch Co. that reported Q1 earnings that saw sales grow 61%.

2. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  3. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It appears that a fail-safe way to make TOTW is to be a back and score. If Trusty hadn't banked his in off 2 FCD players we could've had 2 of the 3 backs!

COMtnGuy repped this.
  4. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    You know, I've done some more thinking about this one.

But if I told you before the game that the following would be the hill the Rapids would have to climb:

• Outshot 21 - 13
      • And 14 of those 21 shots would come from inside the box
    • Outpossessed 66% - 34%
    • Outpassed 546 - 283
    • Outdone in Passing Accuracy 85% - 78%
    • Outnumbered on total corners 8 - 2
    • Outdueled 50-36
    • Without last years star CB (Abubakar)
    • Without our DP (Namli)

Would you have thought we won 3-0?

I know it was a sloppy performance by the Rapids, but you know what? They hung in there and stunk out a result. That's what good teams do - good teams go out there get results even when its not their best night.

Am I confident enough to say we're a good team? 4 wins out of 5 games in May certainly doesn't hurt that thought now does it?

therapidsnumbernine repped this.
  5. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When it team is up much of the game by 2 goals, I think you have to throw out all the possession stats since the team is really just wasting time/ re-leaving pressure more than anything else.

SccrDon repped this.
  6. therapidsnumbernine

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Jul 16, 2019
    Nebraska
    It is voted on by the MLSsoccer.com editorial staff. So like Doyle, Lowery, etc.

7. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  8. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the PK we got on VAR last week should have also been a red card. When I watched it live at the stadium I thought yellow was correct, due to the "double jeopardy" rule change FIFA made a couple of years ago where a DOGSO in the box is only a yellow card and a PK. I forgot that only applies if the defender makes a legitimate attempt to play the ball and the replay on the board wasn't clear enough for me to see that the defender wasn't close enough to do that. At 5:30 in here:

10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Interesting and important detail. I didn't realize the distinction about what it takes to get a red v yellow in that situation. Still, I think awarding both a PK and red card is a bit harsh.

It seems like it's been a long time since the Rapids were awarded a PK, so prior to the match I was wondering who would take when awarded. Rubio sure was upset about having his saved. Ironically, Trusty was able to ping pong one in after the ensuing corner.

11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    What a crazy match! One family member stated at half it could have been 3-3. Fortunately, the Rapids figured out how to finish while Dallas was getting stoned by Yarbrough - I didn't realize watching the match how challenging the saves were until I saw the highlights.

Got to hand it to the Rapids for taking blows, somehow not conceding and then producing multiple chances they were able to finish. It was a confident lot on the attacking end.

FCD hung in until Barrios scored which totally deflated them. Kudos to him for remaining under control to hit a "ripper." And also, a shout out to Bassett for hitting a perfectly weighted ball to set him in motion.

AlbertCamus and JasonMa repped this.