FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
  2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Ownership has done just about everything right and people have responded. It is night and day compared to previous efforts in Cincinnati.

Also, the city as a whole has been recovering from dark days of the 1990s with projects beautifying areas and people moving back in making it feel far less like a ghost town. Good times.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so just how much of a role has the Mayor played here???

5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Mix of economic factors and the council and mayor getting initiatives done. For example, the riverfront downtown area use to be a wasteland, and over past few years has been renovated to be a beautiful park and people come visit. The city has become more appealing and I know lots of young people moving into neighborhoods used to be desolate or unsafe due to being affordable and all sorts of restaurants have followed suit.

Example of this is Rhine Haus which bought an old empty building because the street car line is being built there. Rhine Geist (the beer they brew there) has been a major success and is now available all around at local markets and stores. Die Innenstadt does watch parties there for away matches making the club tied to the ascendancy of business and communities.

In 1996 all of this would have seemed impossible to locals.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  6. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    He's played a role in pandering to the suburbs, and trying to make the streetcar a failure. I can't wait for him to be out of office.

He's friends with FCC's GM so he acts like he likes soccer

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jerry Springer making a comeback??? He actually tapes his stupid show here in Stamford...so I can ask him if you want...lol

8. GloryhuntingMuppet

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hate coming in late on a conversation, but I this is the internet and someone is wrong. ;)
    Berding was only a city councilman 2005-11. He did work for the Bengals for several years, but he was not in politics at the time of the stadium deal.
    You're thinking of Bob Bedinghaus who was a county commish, and is still Mike Brown flunky thanks to his efforts in getting the stadium deal passed. For Bob I'm hoping for a painful and embarrassing demise.

Traumer and CrazyJ628 repped this.
  9. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You're right. I always get those two confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
  11. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/19/fc-cincinnati-show-strength-in-numbers-for-mls-push/

"We have tarps around the stadium to reduce the capacity to 20,000 but the other night we were sold out and were selling tickets behind the tarps and to the side of them," Berding adds.

"The next thing we could consider would be to remove some of the tarps on the lower sections to sell more tickets. Is that something we've been talking about this week? Yes. Is that something we would have the ability to do in the future? Yes.

"Right now we've trying to convert a lot of ticket sales into season tickets - last week people who came the game for the first time bought season tickets. If we can go from 5,500 season tickets to 7,500 season tickets that gives us a better evaluation for opening up other sections.

"If you sell 10,000 tickets on game-day it's much harder to make that adjustment."

-------------------------

The reduced capacity was initially to help avoid issue of having a large stadium being 1/4 look so poor to a viewer. The encouraging part is discussions that concern may be unfounded given demand and ability to increase capacity in a given week. I also like mentioning we're at 5,500 season tickets and new goal being 7,500 to help secure tickets sold and not being as reliant on single match and walk ups to know what to expect.

Blando13 repped this.
  12. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty easy to remove tarps in a timely manner though...just ask the thieves! HA!

I really like what FCC is doing. I had my reservations about the team on the field, but I hope they continue to compete. Still a long season left. They have the ability to pick up some game-changers though, their player salary budget is tops in USL.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  13. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I FCC can get the defensive lapses fixed, they'll be the best team in the East, IMO.

14. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    http://cincinnatisoccertalk.com/fc-cincinnati-breaking-records/

Good discussion and talked to Payne (one of the leaders of "The Pride") and he discussed how supporter membership has climbed thus far.

Pre-season - 36 members
    First Match - 160 members
    After Second Match - 250 members (and counting)

Lot of talking about how new everyone is to this and learning a lot each match with hopes of better organization to create a block of unified singing over mix of 2-3 songs at once in the Bailey.

15. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Big win yesterday for Cincinnati coming from down 1-0 to win 1-2 in Toronto. Omar Cummings finally saw some action and made a big impact with the game winning goal.

Also, Hildebrandt incredible double save made ESPN Top Ten.

Skip to 1:52 to see play 3, great saves.

16. GloryhuntingMuppet

Mar 16, 2009
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was surprised by the win on Sunday. Especially after another defensive cock-up that allowed T2 to score.

17. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Clean sheets will likely be rare, thank goodness for Hildebrandt coming up huge. Definitely a concern going into Wilmington match.

18. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    While not the most exciting development, the club announced some adjustments to parking policies due to larger than anticipated crowds causing back ups in many structures. Essentially closer structures will be restricted to passes to reduce traffic in the area. Even with this suggested again to come out early Saturday as large crowd is once again expected.

http://www.fccincinnati.com/nippert-stadium-parking-update/

Personally I get there so early (hours before KO) that did not notice the issue. I can say hoping more merchandise and concession workers as those lines at half time or after the match have been really long.

19. barbudo

barbudo New Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    any news on tifo for this weekend? if there's a group out there organizing all that who should I get in touch with?

20. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    The tifo design session happened on the 26th at 6:30PM at 656 East McMillan Street. If you're interested I'd reach out to Die Innenstadt and The Pride for future matches.

barbudo repped this.
  21. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]

Supposed to rain all weekend from what I've seen, but this does make it encouraging that have another 14,000-16,000 range crowd. Should be a fun day even if we're all wet.

22. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Tough result, felt we should have come out better and been more focused after penalty save. Couldn't convert opportunities late and end with a draw.

11,000+ for tonight, I think the constant rain killed walk up crowd, think we saw roughly the floor attendance after seeing the ceiling last match. Hopeful next match have nicer weather.

23. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you still pulled 11,000 with rain, thats inpressive. Plenty of MLS teams can only muster that.....

brentgoulet repped this.
  24. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The crowd in Chicago (Bridgeview) today was pathetic...

25. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    11,000 for the weather they had in Cincinnati for a game against a fairly unknown (to most Ohioans) team. That's impressive.