FC Buffalo 2010

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by andorj78, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andorj78

andorj78 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Getzville, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone in the WNY area following this?

They've got a great season ticket package of a scarf, t-shirt and season ticket all for $50. I've got a couple other guys who are getting tickets with me - trying to spread the buzz via word of mouth so hopefully we can get a decent crowd on opening day.

www.fcbuffalo.org

2. FCBuffaloScott

FCBuffaloScott New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ryano

ryano Member

Mar 9, 2000
    Huntsville, AL
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pub was loud Friday evening. Our post-game home of Mes Que had three different soccer games on big ol' televisions, I had a nice Glenlivet single-malt soda pop and there were phrases tossed out in every direction:
    "Poor officiating!"
    "Erie divers!"
    "Tons of heart."
    Somewhere among that din, though, melody broke out. Members of FC Buffalo's supporters squad, The Situation Room, began to belt out an ode to our boys in blue-and-gold. Owners perked up. Fans turned to face them. Players like Cory Cwiklinski and Matt Stedman couldn't help but smile towards the fray.
    We're building something here.
    Yes, our nine-man squad was riddled with red cards and dropped a 4-1 decision to our rivals on Friday. Yes, one of our carded players spent the evening in the hospital after being struck with a fist to the jaw. And yes, we inexplicably had three referees from Pennsylvania on the pitch at All-High, but that doesn't matter. Kindly give us as many excuses as you'd like, but we didn't deliver the win we all so badly wanted.
    I defy you to tell me there isn't already an FC Buffalo culture in town. We had 507 people at Friday's match and most hung around, screaming and singing their guts out until the final whistle. We had a team of young girls from Lockport who wanted their photograph taken with our players, regardless of result. And we had nine guys who matched Erie strike for strike for more than a half-hour of "you have two more players out there than us."
    We are six guys running a minor-league soccer club and we don't count a rich man among us. We have sponsors, supporters and players working their guts out to let the area know we have a club. And while we can't lay claim to being the birthplace of a Tae-Bo inventor like Erie can, we know we're moving quickly toward a club of championship material.
    So, yes, we had to drag our eyes through tens of Tweets from Erie players after the game, but we can hack that. After all, when you're celebrating goals scored 11 v 9 like you've won every World Cup ever, you're clearly pretty desperate for compliments in your personal lives. When you're giving the opposing crowd a standing ovation after a one-save performance, 9-on-11, you clearly have a number of issues to deal with on your own time.
    But here's what we know: our players worked their rear ends off in an easy quit spot and our fans have a chance to out-number Erie at their own pitch on Sunday.
    We are building a soccer club.
    We are building an identity.
    We are building something indefatigable.
    Let's go Buffalo. Year Three's still got plenty of fun to come. We're driving down the 90 on Sunday to dance with the Admirals yet again and our next home game is June 17. Let's go.
    Sincerely,
    The ownership of FC Buffalo

5. VikingPA

VikingPA Member

Apr 19, 2012
    How is the kid with the jaw injury?

6. Randomhero31

Randomhero31 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    PDX via Buffalo
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last home game of the season is next weekend and I hope it's a win.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUFFALO, NY -- The 2013 season will find the third head coach in the history of FC Buffalo trolling the sidelines after FC Buffalo and Dan Krzyzanowicz parted ways after two seasons together.

"We thank Dan for his time as our head coach and look forward to watching him continue his success at Medaille," said FCB general manager Nick Mendola.

The club is instantly beginning a search for their new coaching staff. The ownership group notes dedication to recruiting top, hard-working and dedicated talent as a factor of paramount importance as well as an interest in the improvement of not only team soccer in Western New York, but the growth of Buffalo as a whole.

"We will move quickly to secure the services of a hard-working and focused coach who will not only motivate players and staff but also our fan base and the local soccer community as a whole," Mendola said. "There is talent in this area to win, win with class and win now. We are looking for someone who knows, believes and lives that philosophy."

Interested parties can contact the club by emailing wolf@fcbuffalo.org. Once a new coach is selected, 2013 try-out dates will be announced. Interested players can also email the above address.

Krzyzanowicz is the assistant athletic director and men's soccer head coach at Medaille College in Buffalo as well as the director of coaching for Orchard Park Soccer Club. His record at FC Buffalo was six wins, five draws and 13 losses.

8. Randomhero31

Randomhero31 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    PDX via Buffalo
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found the formations a bit askew sometimes. I thought I saw a 4-2-4 one - which I haven't seen since my days of FIFA 97 playing as Bayern München.

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exciting news out of FCBHQ (and by news, we mean this has been in the works forever and we can finally announce it).

First: the on-field. FC Buffalo is proud to announce a preseason friendly at Genesee Community College on Saturday, April 25 at 4pm. This game against the Cougars will be free to attend, and feature a combination of our veteran players, some faces from the past and some trial players hoping to make an impression on our coaching staff.

As you’re all quite familiar, FC Buffalo has had a long and fruitful corporate partnership with the good folks at Batavia Downs and Western Regional OTB. After the game, all legal-aged fans are invited to join our staff for a great deal on entertainment (provided you're wearing our logo).

For $15, you’ll get $10 in free play on the gaming floor and access to a special buffet. There will also be a band playing as part of BDG’s normal Saturday night entertainment, and places to watch the MLS game of the week.

More info here: http://www.fcbuffalo.org/preseason-friendly-lets-start-this-party-early/

16. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread necro at its finest.

17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please feel free to place me on ignore as I seem to greatly upset you...

18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.fcbuffalo.org/statement-on-stadia-for-2015-season/

we are excited to play our home opener under the lights at Howe Field, which has served as the venue for the Section VI championships this season. The wonderful, soccer-forward people at Hamburg High School have stepped up to ensure we’ll be able to put forth a top-notch product at the 2200-seat venue just off the I-90.

19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States