PBP: FC Barcelona v Levante UD | J22 - La Liga 19/20 | 2 February 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    3 points, awful game by referee.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Christ, we couldn't close out a funeral.

celito and ShortyMac repped this.
  3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Awful game by Barca, scraping by barely imo.

4. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fati became the youngest player in Laliga history to score a brace , our genius Abidal is probably gona loan him or sell him for 2 million or something in the summer

5. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    I am seeing a bit of improvement in our continuity from game to game. Passing was more crisp today. However, the finishing was AWFUL on both sides. Messi the last few matches I've watched him seems to struggle to put chances away. Honestly it seems weird to be hard on Messi but he needs to step up to his GOAT level as well if we're gonna have any chance at trophies this year. If Levante was a bit more clinical, we still could have ended up with an L today.

6. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not a good game.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Awful finishing from Messi and Griezmann today. Messi was shooting like he was carrying an injury. His passing was on point though.

Good thing Fati got 2 through but almost gave the game away again.

ShortyMac repped this.
  8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Solid match, play like this and you win very very often.

Room for improvement, of course, and the opponent wasn't as tough as it gets, but good work.

9. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Why do you say that? Has Abidal been selling your prospects of late?

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Even Fati's goals were both through the keeper's legs. First one might've been intentional, second one was more lucky.

I guess the positive argument is we dominated for 65-70 minutes and their goal was a bit lucky. On the negative side, MAtS was probably the better of the 2 keepers on the day and we still only won by a narrow margin over Levante at home.:speechless:

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree. 2nd goal was definitely fortunate.

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    not clear if Abidal is the one who makes the final decisions.

but before the January transfer window it was obvious that the team lacked depth in attack and defence, so the club responded by loaning out Abel Ruiz and Todibo, sold Carles Perez, and almost loaned out Wague, and brought in nobody for this season. so now we have even fewer options in the positions that were already stretched.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just speculating, but I wonder how much that has to do with the club spending ~€450 to 500 million on one position in recent transfer windows, leaving a limited amount to spend on other needs(?).

And I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see that one position that we spent €500mn on is being filled by Fati (no offense to Fati).

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's called Bartonomics.

In the summer the club has money for a striker or Neymar. Not both. Assuming there is a 80-100m striker out there worth a damn. I really wish there was a way to hijack Mbappe at some point. Madridistas heads would explode.

15. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Instead we’re stuck with Dembele. I don’t think Mbappe mind joining us even though he professed his love for Madrid. Iirc Neymar, Coutinho were RM supporters. Isco was a Barca fan and joined Real

16. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If we get Mbappe, then Barca will forever dominate football with a great coach.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Isco didn't come because we didn't pay. Madrid will pay for Mbappe. Rest assured. Neymar, Coutinho Madrid supporters ? Don't think so. They were "supporters".

18. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We are talking about the same play. I didn't know about the law stating if there's change in possession then ref needs to stop the play and do a drop ball. I looked up the law and educated myself. I agree with you.

BocaFan repped this.
  19. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If he was a fan then he shouldn’t have joined RM?

20. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also, Neymar and Coutinho supported Real Madrid when they were kids

Attached Files:

21. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I’m pretty sure we would be willing to sign Mbappe if our next president is competent. This poor relationship with PSG would’ve been sorted out if we had a good board with decent negotiating skills.

22. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have this feeling that Mbappe would pick Barca over Real. I think he liked Madrid solely due to CR7. He also appreciates Messi ofc and there were rumours that he wanted to join us.

23. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree it's bad for us to have a bad relationship with PSG.

When it comes to Mbappe, I think many people underestimate the chance of him extending his contract with PSG. For them, he is valuable, and they have a history of being able to keep the players they want to keep. Some media maybe paint a picture that he is just waiting for contract to end to jump into a better boat (RM, Barca), but players who end up extending often refuse to extend first (basic tactics) and for a dude born in Paris, playing for this kind of believable UCL candidate PSG shouldn't be too bad.

Who knows what will happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath to see him bounce a ball at a Camp Nou presentation anytime soon. He is a good player, but our future doesn't rely on him.

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    How about trading Dembele and Griezman plus cash for Neymar and Mbappe :)

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Things have gotten so bad that we now need Neymar , Mbappe plus KDB plus VVD and Klopp to get back to the glory days ..

We’re doomed !

Serengeti_Boy repped this.