PBP: FC Barcelona v Athletic Bilbao | J31 - La Liga 19/20 | 23 June 2020 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Gilmango, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    I have that feeling very often too. I don't understand how Barcelona fans likes his game. He needs to go back to play for his natural home team.

2. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    Calciomercato , SkySport and Mundo Deportivo are announcing today that Arthur has finally accepted the move to Juventus. The price is 80 m. ,but Juve are including M.Pjanic in the swap (50m) which means Barcelona will get back just 30 m. Juventus are giving him 5.5 m. per year, which is 3 times more than what he gets in Barcelona. The deal will be signed in the next few days, before June 30/20.

I can see very solid midfield line next season - Puig, F D J, Pjanic

3. Lacosta

Lacosta Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Feb 26, 2020
    In The Galactic
    Yes. This swap is more to balance the books. Barcelona needs exactly 70 mil. to do it. Juve has estimated Arthur's price at 80 m. but they are including M.Pjanic (50m.) which means Barcelona will get just 30 m. in cash and that is not enough to balance the books till June 30/2020.

There is no doubt in my mind that Rakitic and Vidal will be gone after this season. Puig for sure will step in as a CM. Frenkie will be the starter at his natural position - DM and Trincao will take over as an attacking midfielder. He and Alex Collado are right wingers, but both of them can play as a AM as well.

It may sound provocative, but I wish Barcelona finish second in La Liga, so this dumb coach can get sacked. I really hope Barcelona can bring in Xavi or Koemann so they start getting rid of our aged veterans and start playing regularly youngsters like Araujo, Collado, Puig, Pedri and A.Fati.

4. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    If RM manages to win Liga, it will haunt me for year because Setien didnt use Fati and Puig against Sevilla. Damn, 2 poitn lost.

5. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    I think even if we win Liga, Setien would likely to go.

Koeman said he will think about Barca after 2020 Euro but since it moved to 2021, everything is possible. Xavi, otherwise, i think he probably does not want to return yet. Too many of his old teammates are there. It is hard to bench or get rid of them properly.

Busquest could play but next season he should be second choice after De Jong. Puig can be either AM or CM. Pjanic, well, i prefer keeping Arthur though. Then you have youngsters like Pedri, Collado, Trincao... Next season would be rebuild phase.

6. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    The difference when Puig and Fati came on was... STARK. These guys played with purpose and you could feel the energy watching the team. Please... these two guys should start every game if this coach knows what he's doing.

7. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Messi also far more energetic since Puig came on. He trusts the youngster.

Gilmango and ShortyMac repped this.