FC Barcelona Tickets & Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Dynamo_Joe, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    I hope someone here can help me out. I am going to be in Barcelona mid October and see on the schedule that Barca has a home match against Seville on Oct. 15th. I arrive in Barcelona on Oct 13th. Where can I go to buy a pair of tickets to the match without having to buy from scalpers/touts?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Where to buy tickets in Barcelona?

Im pretty sure you can buy FCB tickets at almost any ATM in the city, but someone who actually lives there can confirm that.

3. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR

La Caixa bank has special machines next to some ATMs that sells tickets for events. I'm not sure that you can with a US-issued credit card though. You can go to the Camp Nou a couple of days ahead of time. There are a couple of ticket windows open during the day. Even for the Sevilla match, there should be some tickets available on matchday. If the scalpers badger you, just tell them that you have no cash and that you only have a credit card.

4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What he said. La Caixa ATMs are your friend. Have fun finding one though, I wandered around for awhile before I found an ATM that was the right bank (I think the other one was called ServiCaixa). But they will definitely take American plastic.

It didn't seem like the tout (scalper) route would have been a bad route, actually. There really didn't seem to be too many cops around the Camp Nou who cared.

And yeah, unless it's RM there's tickets on matchday for sure.

Have fun, I'm getting jealous just typing about it.

5. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas

Gracias Amigos! Yeah I am looking forward to going to Camp Nou to see them play. I will see FCB Aug 9th at Reliant here in Houston and then hopefully on the 15th of October as well. Thanks to everyone for the info.

6. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

Is this an absolute every year? I'm just wondering because I plan on making a trip to Barcelona to watch a game or two some time in the future and didn't know if I needed to buy match tickets WAY in advance to secure seating. Also, how much do the tickets run? Say I want pretty good to really good seating? Thanks.

7. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, my experience is limited, but my impression is that El Classico will be sold out immediately, everything else not so much. This appears to be true every year. I tried to get a ticket online from a broker for the one in March of this year, it was like 700 pounds.

8. Zamora

Zamora New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Germany

Going to see the match on October 15th too. From answers I got from a Swiss Barca Forum it should be possible to by tickets directly at Camp Nou. There was a lot of respond from people who went to a match regular and they said it should work.
    Another thing that you might try is looking at the history from previous season which shows the number of visitors for each game. And if it's not Real or CL or end of season it didn't look too bad. Can't remember the page right now but it was definetly in German, but try the Barca page directly.
    I'm not worrying about a good seat - I think if I'm able to get a ticket that's like a good seat:)

9. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru

Does the ATM Servi Caixa sell the tickets at the original price like at the Nou camp ticketing office ?

10. Zamora

Zamora New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Germany

This is an update on my previous post.

The way it worked out for me was like this:

The offical Barcelona homepage leeds you to the ticket purchase from Servi Caixa. 15 days in advance you are able to by the tickets if you are NOT a member of the club.
    Seats can be selected quite easy by chosing your price category where you can see what seats are available. In the lateral section it was difficult to get seats together for the Sevilla game (which was nearly sold out) and there are a lot of people who have "year entrance tickets".
    If you don't have a credit card issued in Spain you can pick up the tickets directly at the Camp Nou ticket office before the game starts. Nothing is charged against your card before that time. The price is 2 Euros additional for each ticket compared to bying them not via the internet but going to the counter. So I would say it's fairly the same price by bying through Servi Caixa.

If you have a credit card issued in Spain you can pick up your ticket at one of the ATM machines if I got that right. But I think none of us has that?

I enjoyed the game VERy much - too bad the last 2 games were that bad:(

11. jkuterba

jkuterba New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Kingwood, TX
    Barca - Real Madrid 3/11/07... looking for tickets.

I will be in Barcelona on March 11 this year and was wondering how much a scalper would charge for a ticket to the Barca-RM game that day, on match day. I realize how sold out the game will be, but I am very much considering going to a scalper as long as it is not horribly horribly expensive. I have heard that a ticket could be had for something like 200 Euro from a scalper. Is this true or is it more in the range of 400 - 500 Euro? Not concerned with location just want to get in.

If anyone has any good info I'd appreciate it.

12. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Barca - Real Madrid 3/11/07... looking for tickets.

I have heard as high as 600 euros for nosebleed tickets from scalpers.

13. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It's on the 10th March.

I hope you have a big wallet..

14. Richarded

Richarded Member

May 16, 2006
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

a very very big wallet

15. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada

So the worst seats go for 500 + euro's?

Wow, a game like that with 80 000 capacity must pay the whole teams salary for the next 10 years

16. Jeffrey S.

Jeffrey S. New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Spain

Maybe 96,000 at the game. Most are season ticket holders, so most are not paying. Maybe only 5 thousand went up for sale, that was back in the fall.

A short while before the match those club members who will not go can put up their tix for resale, at SErvicaixa (online or at the ATM machines). Club members who are not season ticket holders usually get first option, then after a few days you can get tix by the same system whoever you are.

I am basically planning on getting my Liverpool tickets this way, they will go fast, but since they announce when they come up and you can go online, there are good chances to get them.

Same day Barça-RM could be in those numbers. A general seat high up that costs 70 face value could go for 250 game day. A top seat could be sold for as low as 600, or close to a thousand, like through an agent or professional scalper, you get wealthy types, one time tourists, businessmen, willing to dish out something over the going rate just to make sure.

17. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

That would be scalper prices, the team doesnt get all that.

18. AllezParisAllezPSG

AllezParisAllezPSG New Member

Sep 3, 2005
    Manhattan, NY

Just curious as to how long before the game non-needed tickets will start going up for sell? Thanks for any additional info, greatly appreciated.

19. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good luck to you guys, although I didn't get into El Classico I feel there's got to be tons of touts out there in the hours preceeding it. Just be patient.

At any rate, post your experiences for us to enjoy.

20. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA

Don't know if i believe these prices. A whopping 8 years ago (hard to believe that long), I scalped two lower level tickets to this match for $80 a piece. I'm not saying the price hasn't risen, but I doubt it's gone up this much. Get to the stadium early and see what you can find.

21. jofre

jofre New Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Barcelona

Hola, i'm going to the bar tonight to watch the game..the owner is a friend and is soci...i know he will not be going because he is always working..i'll ask him if they are available..i live about 45 minutes north of Barcelona...this is not a joke..i'll get back to after the game..u never know...

22. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru

Great thread

I myself are thinking of heading over there since it plays out with my break and have a free place to stay in the middle of Ramblas. Please keep the helpful info coming.

I was even thinking of heading way early before the game at Les Corts , since scalpers are expected to be there. Just hope the prices are not ridiculously inflated.

23. BrandoMando

BrandoMando New Member

Jan 31, 2007

On a related note...

I want to buy tickets for the Real Madrid - Deportivo game on May 27th...

What is the best way to go about this if I am in the US?

Thanks

24. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

Jeffrey S.......you live in Barcelona, right? I'm supposed to be going next week, but it's possible I may have to cancel, due to a delicate family situation. If I can't go next week, then I'd love to make it up there for the Liverpool game. How hard will it be getting tickets for that game? I've seen insane prices quoted by UK online agents, and I'm not prepared to pay stupid money for a ticket. Is the game likely to be a sell-out, or will it be possible to get reasonably-priced tickets for the game?

25. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru

You should be able to find tickets with no problems if you buy them advanced by a week or even less at the Camp Nou ticket boxes right next to Pista de Gel. NEVER BUY TICKETS FROM A BROKER OR NET (they inflate the prices and give you measly packages)

Try and look for tickets that the Catalan members have in the 2nd floor which are around 68 Euros. The high prices can at times be deceiving , you just have to be witty. I had those great seats and almost felt like a local plus I had a full view of the field and had a better seat than Laporta :). I got to hand it to my sister who purchased those tickets and at first I wasn't to happy b/c I requested the most pricey tickets in the lower tier but in the end I was exalted and had great view.

How many days in advance of the game are you planning on staying in Barcelona ?