Fax and overnight?

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by seanT, Dec 13, 2005.

1. seanT

seanT Member

Feb 15, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Did anyone else both fax and overnight their applications?

I think my fax went through about 9:30 pm, by which time of course my fedex was on its way.

Any speculation on what they will do with duplicates?

DQ them as duplicates?
    figure it out and ignore the 2nd?
    double charge and give me double tickets?

I would like to think the 2nd, fear the first, would take the third!

2. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8. Can I fax my order and then send a hard copy by mail to make sure U.S. Soccer receives it?

No. If the same order is delivered to U.S. Soccer through multiple methods (i.e. fax AND mail), the order has the potential to be double-processed (in which case any duplication in tickets will not be eligible for a refund or transfer) or rejected (due to exceeding the ticket purchase limitations set by FIFA). U.S. Soccer recommends selecting only one method of delivery for your 2006 FIFA World Cup Ticket order.

3. Wolves1935

Wolves1935 New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Prospect Heights
    BUT, US Soccer has already proven they don't abide by the answers they gave in the FAQ Section, by not properly preparing themselves for the amount faxes attempted - Question # 7, I believe.

4. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Ooh, wise guy, huh? http://www.art.com/asp/sp.asp?PD=10204510&RFID=055687

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Why the hell would anyone fax an application AFTER sending one via FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS, whatever???

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Social Darwinism takes to long.

7. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was told if they receive two forms you can be kicked out of the whole thing. I was asking to see if I should fax a second time to ensure I get through because my fax machine didn't give me a confirmation report.

8. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does that mean that someone that sent in multiple copies of an order which only had half (or less) of the ticket requests allowed by FIFA, they would probably not get rejected but could get double charged? Could they then just reassign the duplicates using the FIFA process?

That doesn't sound to bad to me...but I'm probably missing some other interpretation of those words. Probably something in the fine print of the FIFA regs.

9. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    You could call them and ask.

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    It seems pretty simple to me. Send one application per household or BOTH of your applications will be rejected.

If you've faxed it in, don't mail one in. If you've mailed one in, don't fax one in.

11. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See I knew I was missing something. Thanks.

12. seanT

seanT Member

Feb 15, 2000
    Washington, DC

I figured the fax would be time stamped when it came in and thus would be processed before the fedex arrival.

but, I could not be sure the fax would ever go through, so I also fedexed to be sure. I did not fedex until late in the afternoon, when I had not yet gotten through

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    If you sent FedEx, why didn't you stop your attempts to send in a fax? One or the other, but not both. It's not that hard to understand.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if your applications are rejected it's your own fault.

14. seanT

seanT Member

Feb 15, 2000
    Washington, DC
    I don't know about taking it the wrong way, but its certainly not a statement that offends me or anything.

I am taking comfort in the relatively unspecific language found in the FAQ, words like "may" and "recomends" rather than "will" and "must"

Frankly given the fact I was on an airplane most of Monday, I was pleased to have even gotten the thing printed!

15. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't take my word for it, but I'd say they'd let it slide, though you may be double billed. If some of the rumours on here are true and other fax numbers worked and applications were accepted from those lines, then they've proven that the rules are not rigid and that they can bend. Whether anyone thinks that should happen in the first place is another argument altogether.

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knows what USSF will do next , I can't wait to find out so i can bag on them on a new thread..

17. seanT

seanT Member

Feb 15, 2000
    Washington, DC
    from other threads comes this email, which makes me think I'll be OK

Dear U.S. Soccer Fan,

Thank you for your interest in U.S. Soccer and the 2006 FIFA World Cup!
    We appreciate your patience in awaiting our response. We have received
    your e-mail regarding concerns about invalidating your 2006 FIFA World
    Cup Ticket Order Form due to multiple submissions via fax or mail. As
    long as it is clear to U.S. Soccer that the multiple orders forms were a
    result of a faxing error (i.e. automatic re-dial continued to send order
    form, no fax confirmation received therefore order form was also sent
    via mail, etc.), your order form will still be in consideration for
    ticket allocation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. We
    apologize for any inconveniences and sincerely appreciate your support
    of U.S. Soccer!

U.S. Soccer

18. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Was it a same-day fedex? When did your fedex package arrive?

Has anyone who fedexed for the following day (the 13th) received a confirmation email? What time did the fedex package arrive?

19. dfoote

dfoote New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    This concerns me. I went to fedex on Monday and found out they could cancel a delivery if I wanted it done later that night. So I sent the thing, found out the fax lines were open at 9 p.m., got a fax through, called Fedex and cancelled the delivery, and went to bed dreaming sweet dreams about how clever I am.

Of course, Fedex failed to cancel the delivery and the dutiful Mr. Furtal received my application at 7:09.

Now I dream sour dreams of having outsmarted myself.

20. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    [​IMG]