Favorite drills for passing and shoting accuracy

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by hambone, May 23, 2003.

1. hambone

hambone New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    What are your favorite drills to learn long passing and shooting accuracy?

2. NC_ODP02

NC_ODP02 New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    NC, USA
    For long passes, I like games that require you to pass a certain amount of times(possession with defenders), and then have to switch fields to another box of cones after so many passes to score. This works on getting the ball off under pressure and accuracy.

For Long shots...just taking them is the best practice..

3. Anarchist

Anarchist New Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Stuart, Florida
    "Soccer golf" - fun and you can do it by yourself on the field or even in your yard (it works)

4. hambone

hambone New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Who here has done a lot of work on accuracy? Especially accuracy with power (shooting accuracy), can anyone recount their experiences? how quickly did you improve and what did you do? What can you expect? How did you test yourself?

I want someone to relate to, it seems I practise with little or no results.

One day my shot will have all kinds of power but still be way off in accuracy the next day I won't be able to hit the ball with no spin but I will normally e able to curve it more slowly at the target

5. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I practice my accuracy by just kicking it against the wall. I look for a spot I want to hit, and then I try hitting it from many different angles.

My shot has a lot of power but my accuracy sucked, now my accuracy has really improved.

6. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    I did a lot of work on accuracy. It's all in your head. You just to remember to follow through where you want the ball to go and picture everything that you're supposed to do. Visualize a line that goes straight from the spot you want to hit through the ball, and hit the ball where that line goes through the ball. You'll be hitting the inside of the posts in no time.