Fat Scottish soccer player?

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Mattbro, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Can anyone link the thread from a while ago showing the fat player from one of the lower Scottish leagues? I can't find the thread, but it was hilarious. I need a picture of this dude for an avatar on another site.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help - thanks in advance!

2. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    You're probably thinking of Mark Yardley and if you're not, wait till you see Yardley in his 'prime'. I've posted a few Yardley pics here, I'll try and find some when I get time. Has bigsoccer got a search facility?

3. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    One of my worst days as a football fan was 7th September 2002. Morton had gone 2-0 up against St. Mirren in a League Cup game, but the Midden pulled it back to 2-2. Deep into extra time, we all chortled heartily as Mark Yardley waddled onto the pitch after straining to get his ample frame off the subs bench. The smiles were wiped off our faces in the second period of extra time as he duly waltzed past three of our defenders and shot high into the top corner from 15 yards out. St. Mirren held on and won 3-2, Yardley grinning like the Hamburglar throughout.

There was just enough time for us to leave Cappielow and bolt up to a friend's house: it was international day and Scotland, poor as they were, would surely raise our spirits with a routine drubbing of the various fishermen and butchers that comprise the Faroese national team.

How wrong we were. Dougie Donnelly was on the TV, looking for all the world like his maw had just died; he intoned that Scotland were 2-0 down to the Faroe Islands at half time.

Good times.

[​IMG] robble robble robble

4. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Sweet, that's the guy (as the picture posted by NachOKing's confirms) - now that I know his name, I can conduct the search.

Thanks very much fellas.

5. 'Chopper'

'Chopper' New Member

Oct 26, 2006
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Mattbro,

Have a look at my earlier thread "Heavyweight Scotland team?" which is in a similar lighthearted tone!

'Chopper'

6. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    whole new spin on the "what about ye big man" comment..:(

7. CutePuppy

CutePuppy Red Card

Nov 14, 2006
    Could he play 90 minutes?

8. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    He could when those pics were taken. He barely moved during the game though.

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like Ronaldo.