FAS at CAVA Cup 2010

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by el_cuscatleco, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Post all tournament related information here.

2. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    What is the CAVA Cup and where/when is it.......

.......also note the dates listed on the official tournament website list it running from July 15 to July 26.

3. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Wow, seems like it has potential to become a great event.

Surely can only be positive for FAS in the road to the CCL. (Especially in this transition timeframe they are going through currently.)

4. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    so are they going to show the beatdown that they going to give fas this is like pepsino going to fight oscar de la hoya

5. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Whoa...that's a random line you threw out there LOL!

6. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
  7. Texan_Trucho

Texan_Trucho Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  8. Torogoz

Torogoz New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They are going to embarrass themselves, they don't have a full squad. and if they do it's a bunch of new players, they just recently hired a coach ... they should make it known that they are not prepared but theat they will participate with no expectations of doing anything other than getting in game shape....and if they do then they will prove me wrong.

9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
  10. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    FAS is gonna have a busy schedule that week if they make the semifinals.

11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not sure how true this is, but rumour has it that this tournament is running on the back of a 5 million dollar prize pool. If it's true, then needless to say that's some decent money and a good initiative for clubs to take this seriously (even though ultimately it'll be split between all the clubs. I think that's what will happen anyway, i mean i doubt the winner will pocket the full amount but i guess we'll see).

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: FAS at CAVA Cup 2010- 5 millones para finalistas

es verdad
    lo he visto en varios periodicos, lo que no he podido saber es que significa CAVA?

quienes son los patrocinadores y como haran billete en alabama? of all places?

tv rights?

13. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Any source that isn't Colombian?

I'm not sure what that means either.

Wilson Sporting Goods, Russell Corporation, Lowe's Companies and YTB International. That's what i get from their official site anyway.

Only the preliminary round will be held there (eight matches over four days; so in other words they'll all be double headers). The majority of the event (Championship round, finals etc) will be held in San Francisco.

I doubt that it will be televised, although i could very well be wrong about that.

14. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    FAS' first game will be against Panama's Arabe Unido on July 20.

Note: A win here puts FAS through to the quarter-finals; a loss will see them eliminated from the tournament.

15. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

is alot of money for just a friendly tournament is wierd where they get it from they only got a few sponsor so the money seems little bit fishy

16. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown

CAVA= CAlifornia VAlley. That's what it stands for.

The money matter is very fishy, I agree. The Mexican teams are going to withdraw in the middle of the tourney because of league and CCL commitments. But if the prize money is that high, then that'd be stupid of them.

17. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wonder what effect this will have on the event.......

18. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    So with four teams out of the preliminary stage (and assuming no more drop out), that means that only four remain (Atletico River Plate, CD Victoria, Real Cartagena and Liverpool FC) and these clubs will be vying for the two spots to progress through to the Championship round where they will face the winners of FAS v Arabe Unido and Motagua v Once Caldas.

19. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Right, so with the announcement that CD Victoria, Liverpool FC and River Plate have also pulled out, i guess all that we are waiting on now is the official confirmation on the events cancellation (some articles say it's already been cancelled but as yet there is nothing official). That is unless they just scrap the preliminaries all together and just play the Championship round in which case there'd be no problem (for FAS that is).

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Okay so after all these clubs have dropped out, they've finally updated there site, and with that, the Cup's schedule.

Here are FAS' rescheduled matches.....

July 24 v Once Caldas
    July 25 v Real Cartagena

As only four clubs remain, the Championship will only consist of one group with two matches for each club, the club with the most points after both days wins the tournament.

Overall this may actually work out better for FAS as they are now playing two friendlies instead of just the one. It also gives them a few extra days to prepare which is also a positive considering what has happened to them in the off-season.

21. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Word coming out of Colombia now is that the event has been postponed and/or that Caldas and Cartagena will no longer be taking part.

22. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    This has got to be the most pathetic attempt at organizing a tournament in the history of sports.

23. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    So with this, the official website has once again updated it's schedule (although it seems Caldas was the only Colombian team to drop out).

FAS will now supposedly be facing CD Victoria on the 24th and Motagua on the 25th.

24. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    FAS should drop out and start training for the champion league

25. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nah, it looks like they're committed to attending.......