Faria Makes His MLS Return

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by QuakeAttack, Sep 24, 2003.

1. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to go, Jamil, giving up his number. He's a team player all the way. :)

3. richj73

richj73 Member

May 15, 2003
    San Antonio
    Yes indeed. That was a class thing to do.

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question, though. Since he's Brazilian, is it all right for him to have two names? Shouldn't his name (and, of course, the inscription on the back of his jersey) be something like Rofia, Faridinho, or even just Rodrigo? Inquiring minds must know. ;)

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice article. Clearly his dad's death has seriously affected him. It'll definitely take him a while to get anywhere near 100%, both physically and mentally.

Hopefully by choosing "lucky number 13", Walker will still continue his good form. Thumbs up to the rook for sacrificing his number to the grieving veteran.

6. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    That was a really well-written article and you could tell Rodrigo meant everything he said in it. Hopefully when he comes to SJ he will be able to make his dad proud.

Also, props to Jamil for giving up his number. That was a really nice thing for him to do, and I'm sure Faria appreciated it a lot.

7. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    True. Very nice article. I hope the SJ crowd *really* gives Faria a big welcome when he is first introduced. I know I plan to. Sounds like he wrestled with the decision to come back. We have to let him know he made the right choice.

Speaking of right choices...WAY TO GO, JAMIL!!! Pure class. As for #13 and continued good form--that number is serving Mathis pretty well.