FantasySportNet Premiership 2005-06 now available

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by binkish, Jul 2, 2005.

1. binkish

binkish Red Card

Jul 2, 2005
    FantasySportNet have opened player selections for the 2005-06 season. They run one of the best fantasy Permiership games around, and it's still free to join.

http://www.fantasysportnet.com

2. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    A couple of questions for the veterans of this game:

1. Please explain how the valuations are used as the season progresses.

The initial team must be 100 or less in aggregate.

The rules say if a player's valuation rises or falls you get to keep the new valuation. The rules also say that you have a 100 limit. If you have a player whose value rose and you trade him for another player, do you get to use the entire valuation or just an amount, when added to the rest of your team does not exceed 100.

2. It doesn't appear that there is any restriction on the number of players you can have from one team. Is that correct?

3. Based on your experience, where is the best place to invest the 100? For example, would you say the high fantasy scorers are, in order, GK, FWD, MID, DEF, or some other order?

4. Based on experience, is it usually better to have the 3-4-3 formation or the 3-5-2? Sort of goes along with how midfielders score compared to forwards. With the PK goal worth less than normal goals, I'm not getting a clear sense of where do allocate my resources.

5. Would you agree that the high price of Henry, Lampard, Robben, and Cech really precludes managers from having more than one of these without gutting the rest of the team?

6. How reliable is this site? Any chance, like Yahoo, that they take their time posting weekly updates or drop the game mid-season?

3. bink

bink New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    1. If a player's value goes up, and you trade him, you still have to stay under 100 points.

2. There is no restriction to players from 1 team.

3. I would focus on goalscorers, assists, and a goalkeeper likely to do well.

4. 3-4-3 is usually better, unless there are a number of attacking midfield bargains for a particular week.

5. Yes, though a poor couple of games for any of them might lower their price enough to pick them up.

6. The site ran throughout last season very reliably, with quick updates on the day of the games.

4. patface

patface New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    New York
    Question about fantasysportnet.com

Does it restrict who is on what team or can I have Henry and my brother can have Henry also?