FAN PROBLEM-just an idea

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Fire Lovin' Hoosier, May 20, 2007.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    no there was plenty of them near us.

What he probably ment is they didn't get on our case for 90 minutes like in other stadiums :p

2. RealGooner

RealGooner New Member

May 2, 2005
    Toronto
    Last year, when TFC officials were still exchanging ideas with supporters groups, I actually messaged Paul Beirne on the Usector board and told him that due to problems in other MLS cities, we really needed to have Security undergo soccer-fan sensitivity training. I explained how security can really kill the game mood if they dont understand soccer fans and respond to their boisterousness with nazi-like clamp downs. He agreed and said that this was an important point, and that he would see to it. It looks to me that he has kept his word. Security have basically left us alone and only intervened when people throw things on the pitch, run on the pitch or light pyro. And thats all I can ask for as a fan, and i'm basically satisfied.

3. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I'd love to see the jumbotron explanation of offsides.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You should've cc'd that memo to DC. They actually think busting Barra skulls is entertainment.

5. usasoccerhooligan

May 1, 2005
    it really is amazing how difficult people make the offsides rule out to be. trying to explain it to my mother was like trying to teach my colorblind friend to see purple.