Fan groups and racism

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kornkid15, Sep 22, 2009.

1. kornkid15

kornkid15 Member

Mar 16, 2007
    chi-city
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    {Mod Note - apologies to kornkid15 for approrpiating his post, but I did not want it mistakenly assumed that a rival fan started this thread. It is redirected from a friendly thread in MLS General that is supposed to celebrate fan culture via an exchange of photos, and has instead become another place for the rivalry between your teams to spill over into. Some Chicago posters wish to continue a discussion about racist behavior; here is a better place than there. I invite the Chicago forum mods to do with this thread as they see fit.}

1 person likes this.
  2. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: MLS Supporter's Photo Thread Vol. XV: Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Man, it's cute how mad you guys get over nothing.

[​IMG]

If it's a load of b.s., then you shouldn't get mad.

I'm just saying from the Crew consensus you guys were looking a bit shambolic most of the game. Half of your supporters looked like lost puppies marching around the stadium in the first half, it was downright comical. Especially the group of 15-18 year old S8 wannabe hoolie's who were trying to have a chant off when we were trying to watch the damn game. You would figure being up 2-0 you guys may have a passing interest in the game instead of being soo concerned about Crew fans or about making statements.

But, hey, I'll give you guys one thing you know how to buy a lot of blank fabric and wave it. Other than that the rest of the time you guys chanted "Fire." And, since half of your 400, or my apoligies 500 strong were out for a stroll around the stadium during the game, you couldn't even do that in the first half.

3. Re: MLS Supporter's Photo Thread Vol. XV: Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

crewfighter how come your video with racist comments has not been posted to this thread

4. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Are you proud of this?

This is what you post in a thread that is meant to highlight supporters throughout the league?

I'm not posting his incredibly poorly done youtube clips of their trip, but what the hicks in the pictures above were chanting over and over is "WHERE'S YOUR GREEN CARD!".

Real classy Columbus, when you get depicted as racist all over MLS, it's for stuff like that, not some nefarious campaign by mlsrumors.
    [​IMG]

5. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007

I wish they would yell that at me, I would pulled mine out just to see what else they would chant?

6. TopDogg

TopDogg Member

Jan 31, 2000
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm mad that my post calling crewfighter a dipshit got edited out. :D

7. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in an interracial marriage, in fact always have been in interracial relationships. Now, someone go to the Spice House on North Wells Street and get me some spices from my list here!!!! :D

8. THOMA, I'll give you credit, that place rules.

9. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Fan groups and racism" seems like a MLS General topic. But what do I know I'm not a mod.

I guess the Fire forum may as well be the rug to sweep this under.... our mods over here are usually busy sucking balls.

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look, just because someone settled for you doesn't mean there aren't any racists in Columbus.

11. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too so let me handle this I am will get on my magic carpet.. eerr middleeastern taxi and jew them down to the lowest price possible and get out of there before it gets bombed.. :) he he he he

Hard to have someone talk shit to me since I married of the tribe..

12. what I don't understand is why this thread got moved by the mods here instead of to the Crew forums, being that they were the ones posting videos of themselves being all racisty

13. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lol, yeah I'm a big racist. Such a big racist that I have been dating a black girl off and on for the last couple of months..

Whatever you guys need to chill. 15 year old white kids or 15 year old latinos are both equally unintimidating. Nothing really racist about pointing out that.

And, I didn't chant it myself. But, we had about 6 or 7 latinos on our bus, 1 asian chick, and 1 black girl. You think they would be comfortable on a crammed bus if we were all a bunch of racists? And, we would have had many more latinos if La Turbina came this time (them and a lot of others in HSH are saving up for a big trip to DC). And, we all get along famously with La Turbina. Hell, La Turbina probably would chant it right with us. Everyone chants that shit at USA games and everyone chants stupid shit no matter the team.

Those guys in this film were prob. just pissed off because these kids threw rocks at us last year and then did it again this year. Maybe I'm crazy, but that sounds a lot more serious to me then a stupid chant that everyone has heard one time or another. And, there probably lucky they just got some mean chants directed at them.

What a stupid thing to start a hissy fit over. Honestly, don't you have another game this week or something to do with your lives?

14. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol yeah, thoma is black and makes 99% percent of the section's banners. Yep, bunch of skinheads. La Turbina is like the pulse of the section but yeah were all skinheads. And, hell there are black members in HSH but yep were all skinheads. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why would this ever be in a mls general picture forum anyways? I know I was a bit prickish. But, this is going a wee bit too far.

Chicago fans threw rocks which is a stupid thing. Some Crew fans did a stupid chant which is a stupid thing.

And, yes the flag tifo was pretty bomb ass to be honest. I'm just a stubborn b*tch and always have this warped belief that we are the best all the time, cause that's what I want. I want to have us doing amazing stuff, European stuff, more often, because there is potential. And, I invested a shitload of money, I dropped $60 just for Cruz Azul, prob drop $400-$600 a year(Thoma probably hits way more than that. It's just frustrating at times getting everyone on your wavelength.

So, to be honest hats off. I'm going to try my best soon to do something encompassing the whole section with construction paper and flags. I don't give you props cause you guys just come off as arrogant which pisses me off at times and that's why I don't like Chicago, so I do the same thing and that's why you don't like me.

And, lets just leave it at that until the playoffs. :)

Btw, I'm sure there will be some snide ass remark following this but I'm done posting after this one. Cause really I don't care, I haven't checked this site in about two days. Enough trolling, peace.

15. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow, I didn't realize that being in an interracial relationship gives you a free pass for racism. Maybe I should marry a black girl so that I can throw around the N word any time I want. Actually, strike that, I should marry a black guy so that I call people f*gs also.

16. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that's pretty ignorant. What a douche seriously.

17. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously while this thread has escalated to the point of no return (in all way shape and form) you should really stay out of our personal forum.

You commented you were done and it was your last post blah blah yet you've returned. Troll. Plain and simple.

On topic...

I personally believe all those of / with racist views should be maimed beyond recognition by or in some slaughterhouse and not necessarily by accident.

18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't we fight a civil war so he wouldn't have to be your slave?

1 person likes this.
  19. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There are black people who are bastards, and there are white people who are bastards.

But calling someone "you black bastard" is still racist.

20. Re: MLS Supporter's Photo Thread Vol. XV: Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

crewfighter, you are still the biggest moron on these boards

no amount of equivocating will change the fact that you posted a video that included racist taunting

and I seriously think the "rock-throwing" is made up -- but that is NOT the issue here

there is no video of rock throwing

there is a video of racist behavior

posted by YOU

so get it through your thick skull that this is wrong and by posting these videos YOU are promoting such behavior

21. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

And to say "hey everybody does it at USA games" is beyond pathetic.

Since you seem to have eaten a lot of paint chips as a tot, I'll explain it to you clearly:

It's not cool there either.

22. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said it was cool and I didn't even chant it. It took me about 5 or 6 hours to edit the whole thing, I didn't edit the back end too closely. I guess since I'm a sucky editor I'm a racist.

23. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, but no one called anyone this so why the aliteration. So, fricken emo in here. How about you guys stay off my videos and I stay off your boards. There's a deal. What interest do you all have in a 16 minute Crew video anyways? :confused:

Other than trying to find something to b*tch about. Look if someone beats someone up because there racist that's a huge deal. If someone calls someone the n word or sp*c that's a huge deal. Where's your green card, is stupid, but so is chanting where's your passport. It's government documentation, lol, really. But, yes some Crew fans chant dumb things when pelted with rocks. And, yes it did happen as my one buddy got a big one that hit him right in the head. He whiped one back and Monterrey saw him and almost carted him away before swearing at him and telling him to get back on the bus. So, whatever all angels there. Keep being delusional if you want.

Maybe you should tell those idiots to stay away from our buses.

24. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000

Fighting racism isn't "trying to find something to b*tch about."

25. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I thought you weren't going to post anymore you spaz, where is your dignity?

It's not the editing, it's the acceptance. You accept that taunting people over the validity of their citizenship is OK, just a fun thing to do at a soccer match. It is ignorant. It is wrong.

It's 2009.