Fan deserts Dundee

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by BrianCappellieri, Sep 5, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    BBC

2. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Fan obviously hates the new coach. He had a great friendship with the old Dundee coach Ivano Bonetti.
    Well Dundee were a sh!t club going nowhere so i don't think Fan would mind too much.

3. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    He wasnt all that impressive in the games I saw him in anyway, no great loss for either of them.

4. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    A fitting end (hopefully) for my least favorite player in China.

5. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Where is the Fan going now? The transfer window is already closed. He can either go back to Zhong Yuan or stay in England to wait until the transfer window opens again next year. For his age, the better choice is go back to Zhong Yuan.

6. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Tribal Football

7. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Dundee sucks! F*** them!

8. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Fan play for Shenhua before going over to England? I remember him playing for Shenhua when I lived in China. I still remember him spitting in the face of a Brazilian international playing for Shandong Luneng Taishan.

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Yes, he use to play for Shenhua.

Depending on who you talk to, Taiwan is part of China correct?

10. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Don't know what that comment has to do with Fan and whether he played for Shenhua or Zhongyuan, but even the government here still officially says that it is the Republic of China and a large number of people here refer to themselves as "Zhongguoren" - Chinese.

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I realize the government says it is part of China but wasn't sure if everyone referred to it as such.

I was asking because you said you use to live in China (meaning that you don't now?) but your location said Taiwan, China. I guess you meant mainland China, correct?

12. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Yes, Fan did play for Shenhua before he went to England. He played for Crystal Palace for a few seasons, then he transferred to Dundee after the World Cup qualification matches. He was loaned ro ShangHai ZhongYuan just before the World Cup by his request. Dundee tried to cheat on him when he went back to the club after the loan period. They gave him a contract which reduces his salary by half, they wanted him to sign the contract without look through the paperwork. Luckily Fan wasn't that dumb. If Fan is going back to Jia A now, ZhongYuan appears the only team that Fan is willing to play for.
    BTW, I remember Fan spitted on that Brazilian player's face(forgot his name) too. If that happened in Jia A today, he would get suspended for long. Fan does have very bad temper, that caused him a lot of troubles on and off the field.

13. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Not everyone, certainly not. There are separatists here. There are many others who definately consider themselves Chinese and are proud to say it. It is a pretty sticky issue here on Taiwan. However, legally, Taiwan is a part of China. The maps here in Taiwan also all have Taiwan as a part of China BTW.

As for my location, it says "Taiwan, Republic of China." I used to live in Mainland China, I now live in Taiwan Province. All of the licence plates here BTW say Taiwan Province on them (except those from Taibei and Gaoxiong cities as well as those from the offshore islands that are part of Fujian Province.)

14. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Thank you for the explanation. I didn't know he had been loaned to Zhongyuan. Of course, with how horrible Shenhua is this year, I don't blame him for not wanting to go back there.

I was at Shandong Provincial Stadium when the shirt pulling/spitting incident occurred. There was a uproar in Ji'nan. The evening news on Qilu Television talked about it for half an hour and it was the front page picture the next day in the Qilu Wanbao.