Famous person is dead. R.I.P. [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by That Phat Hat, Mar 16, 2011.

1. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    skynews-kraftwerk-florian-schneider_4984733.jpg Man. It never stops. Florian Schneider, founding member of Kraftwerk.

[/url]

2. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Damn,

RIP Florian

HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

Andre Harrell was only 59.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Auriaprottu and HerthaBerwyn repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    This year sucks.

Len repped this.
  7. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
  8. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Dave Greenfield of The Stranglers
    http://www.thestranglers.co.uk/

That harpsichord on Golden Brown....

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

[​IMG]

12. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Astrid Kirchherr, not quite 82

[​IMG]

Style guru, friend, photographer, and haven in Germany to the early Beatles. She convinced them to give up the leather jackets and pompadours for long hair and turtlenecks.

Stu Sutcliffe left the band to stay with her, and it was through her that they met Klaus Voorman who played bass with them in pub gigs as "The Liverpool 3+1" sometimes when Paul was distancing himself a bit. (Other times Clapton was the "1," IIUC)

Dr. Wankler, Len, unclesox and 1 other person repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    upload_2020-5-16_12-0-0.png

Len repped this.
  14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    upload_2020-5-16_16-41-23.png

Len and unclesox repped this.
  15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was just last week that my mom and I were discussing how of all the actors and actresses who played the three sets of elder parents in Everybody Loves Raymond (Ray's & Robert's parents, Debra's parents and Amy's parents), that only Fred Willard (who played Amy's father) was still alive. :eek:

R.I.P. Fred. :(

TimB4Last repped this.
  16. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    #3017 riverplate, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
    [​IMG]
    Phyllis George, Former Miss America and Co-Host of 'NFL Today,' Dies at 70
    - Fox News
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...erica-later-a-co-host-of-nfl-today-dead-at-70
    Phyllis George, the former Miss America who became a female sportscasting pioneer on CBS's “The NFL Today” and served as the first lady of Kentucky, has died. She was 70. A family spokeswoman said George died Thursday at a Lexington, Kentucky, hospital after a long fight with a blood disorder.

Miss America in 1971, George joined Brent Musburger and Irv Cross in 1975 on “The NFL Today.” Jimmy “The Greek” Snyder later was added to the cast. George spent three seasons on the live pregame show, returned in 1980 and left in 1983, winning plaudits for her warmth of her interviews with star athletes. She also covered horse racing, hosted the entertainment show “People,” and co-anchored the “CBS Morning News” in 1985 but quit after less than eight months.

The industry discovered George after she co-hosted “Candid Camera” and the Miss America pageant. She received a 13-week option from CBS in 1974 without a defined role. But a popular interview with reluctant Boston Celtics star Dave Cowens soon earned her a 3-year deal and paved the way to her breakthrough role the next year on “The NFL Today.”

George was briefly married to Hollywood producer Robert Evans in the mid-1970s and to John Y. Brown Jr. from 1979-98. Brown owned Kentucky Fried Chicken and the NBA’s Boston Celtics and served as the governor of Kentucky.

TimB4Last repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ken Osmond (June 7, 1943 – May 18, 2020)

[​IMG]

18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Annie Glenn, at 100, of Covid-19 complications

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/19/us/annie-glenn-death-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

[​IMG]

Annie Glenn, a lifelong advocate for those with speech impediments and wife of the late astronaut John Glenn, died of complications from Covid-19. She was 100.

Glenn was living at a senior center in St. Paul, Minnesota, when she died, the Ohio State University's John Glenn College of Public Affairs told CNN. Her children notified the university of her passing.

Though she's perhaps best known for her proximation to her husband, Annie Glenn was an American hero in her own right, veteran reporter Bob Greene wrote in a 2012 CNN Opinion piece.

"Glenn has had a hero of his own," Green wrote, "Someone who he has seen display endless courage of a different kind: Annie Glenn."

sitruc repped this.
  19. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Dr. Wankler and Auriaprottu repped this.
  20. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  21. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Coach of my favorite team ever in NCAA hoops with Ron Brewer, Sidney Moncrief and Marvin Delph. That trio was so fvcking great. Won the 3rd place game in the NCAA tournament back when they still played those games...

Dr. Wankler, Len and TimB4Last repped this.
  22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That team, a season or two earlier, played a game in Macomb, Illinois, against Western Illinois, my future college. My brother, an alum, drove down from Chicago and took me to that game. Western lost in double overtime in one of the best basketball games I ever saw. Pre shot clock, WIU ran an effective four corners, and applied full court pressure for most of the game. It was a good one. Oh, and the WIU band was right behind the Razorback bench, something I think the NCAA banned not long after that.

In grad school at LSU, I told my future ex-girlfriend about that game. She recoiled: "I hate Eddie Sutton."

Her dad was a sports reporter for the Fort Worth paper, and the official scorer at TCU Horned Frogs basketball games. She would help him when she was in high school. She really did. Not. Like. Those wholesale substitutions Sutton would do.

Len, Val1 and TimB4Last repped this.
  23. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wait, that's a guitar in the photo.

Anyhoo, Squire was 6'4", and Rics look kind of small because of the skinny horns and 2 + 2 headstock. They're also a bit thinner front to back than a Fender, but you can't really see that when they're being played.