Fabian Castillo news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Jan 19, 2011.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought there was already a thread for him but didn't show up in the search bar

Any way benfica is offering 1.7 million for him, Brescia is offering 850,000k and will most surely be demoted this season to Seria B. So def hope he goes to Benfica

How is Deportivo Cali broke? They sell a sub 20 player every year for 1.5 million no other team has the type of transfer money come in.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    NOT READLY broke as you called.

they are stable, and with the same economic problems that plague FPC

junior, nacional and dept cali....are a step above the rest
    millos, under the new structure of MR Arango, looks like investors help and cash is available (so far 6 new players and 2 more on the way)

as far as fabian....I searched last week, and a thousand quotes of FABIAN vargas show up
    by CASTILLO, the search gave me a zillion notes on castillos from colombia....so here is good.

3. JonatanDf

JonatanDf New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. I posted this in the Cali thread as well, but they've offered 1.3M Euros according to Cali's President. What do you guys know about him?

[​IMG]
    http://www.abola.pt/wset/wfotosdia/wdiag.jpg

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    fast and small
    able to score often....Must work in releasing the ball forward more often
    I just finish watching him in the suramericano U20:mad:

they also mention that Oporto, has big offer on the table for 'paraguayan Messi'
    Iturbe, plays for argentina....and is scouted by 3 teams from europe, 1st option is Oporto

7. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    que equipo tan mediocre.... la unica sociedad la entro lara faltando 20 minutos cuando eso ya no servia. Castillo le metio berraquera, pero nunca nadie lo acompano... lo dejaban batallando solo (CARDONA!)... y cuando cardona las manejo, nunca se las dio. un futbol Mediocre... Neymar, figuron! relajado, entro como estrella... jugo para su equipo, y cuando quiso, brindo la joya para el espectaculo.

No recuerdo como se llama el 4 de colombia, pero hay que estar en la mira! ese si que tiene futuro.

8. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, sounds like that deal is almost done. Really excited about Iturbe.

Thanks for the scouting report on Castillo, and good luck for the rest of the tournament!

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    record presence of scouts in the suramericano U20

350 are reported in peru......stricking deals and offers to youth prospects

10. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising, I know for a fact that both Porto and Benfica have scouts there. Amazing amount of talent on display.

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    is also rumored that Benfica is after the other partner to Fabian castillo
    andres escobar -aka Manga....they pay together at club level and now with U20.... this kid, escobar is smaller and lil faster than castillo, but score less often.

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I really like to see Castillo based a bit his rep in Colombia or s South America before he'll going abroad. Benfica is a major club and it'll be very difficult for him to adjust. He is a great player but must to play at least one more tournament.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The kid plays very well for Cali but the yellow shirt seems a bit too heavy for him right now in the Sub 20. He seems selfish and just does not know when to pull the trigger for a goal.

I hope he turns it around and plays better in the hexagonal.

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Fabian Castillo DEL DEPOR CALI AL MLS

fabian castillo es nuevo JUGADOR DEL FC DALLAS
    de acuerdo a los noticieros locales, se llego a un acuerdo con el deportivo cali, los emisarios fueron jair y david ferreira!!

CON EL terrible fracaso de la sub20, los agentes de portugal o benfica, le dijeron que necesitaban verlo a nivel de clubes y aconsejaron que no dejara pasar la propuesta de la MLS....estarian mirandolo de cerca.

noticia EN DESARROLLO

15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

Not sure if this will turn out a great move or not, but at least he'll have two very experienced countryman to guide him.

Hopefully this brings a little attention to the other two sub 20s in the MLS.

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Efer, where did you see this notice? Have a link or something? I don't know what to think. I think I would prefer him to stay in Cali if he doesn't have a better offer then the MLS, because I think the level of the Liga Postobon is higher then the US but anyway if it works out eventually, I hope he'll improve his game because we sure need a better Fabian Castillo in few months.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

shit like this makes me hate colombian football... guy was wanted by benfica ... dept cali held out now going to the MLS !!!

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

We all know he would be eating bench at Benfica or loaned out to a crappy team.

At least in MLS he has a chance to get real playing time and can even start if Ferreira, Milton and Chiguiro can help him adapt to his new surroundings.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

no link
    local radio
    pls tell caziloko.....that benfica, after the bad outings in peru, spoke with fabian and his agent to tell him to pursue the other offer (mls), that they will talk again in the future!!! seems like that kid does not read spanish well:eek:

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  21. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fabian Castillo to MLS Dallas F.C

El delantero colombiano Fabián Castillo, del registro del Deportivo Cali, y quien hizo parte de la Selección Colombia Sub-20, que realizó un pésimo papel en el Sudamericano de la categoría, en Perú, fue transferido a la Major League Soccer, en Estados Unidos, donde militará en el FC Dallas.

La liga estadounidense adquirió el 50% de los derechos de Castillo, por una cifra cercana a los 800 mil dólares, según afirmó Helmut Wennin, representante del futbolista.

Castillo, de 18 años, firmó un contrato por tres temporadas, y en unos 10 días se desplazará a territorio norteamericano.

http://www.elheraldo.co/deportes/fabian-castillo-jugara-en-la-mls-con-el-dallas-fc-10344

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Fabian Castillo to MLS Dalla F.C

ese man ya tiene hilo....can you merge and respect the original title to it:p

dallas

with 's'

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Fabian Castillo news & comments in MLS

aca esta la noticia de hace una semana:

colombians ABROAD MATERIAL Or you are going to wait for the newsBot to confirm the partial sale?

24. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Re: Fabian Castillo to MLS Dalla F.C

ha. este man ya se perdio, mejor para la sele, no me gusto su trabajo en la sub20...minus, bacano el imagen de la lechuza! viva lechuza!

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    mrpaisa.....como asi que ese man esta perdido!! ni que se hubiera ido a turquia o korea.:mad:

tambien tenes que ver como se dio el negocio: el cali es un equipo que como el resto de colombianos, depende de la venta semestral de algun joven.....800mil por un pelao que no ha ganado nada no esta mal por el 50%