FA Youth Cup 17/18

Discussion in 'England' started by JRSG, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I watched about 5 mins of that game and I was sure Ipswich was going to win as just looked the more talented team by a country mile. Every time Blackpool got the ball they just hoofed it up field and there didn't look like a decent player between them. Amazed when I saw the result to be honest, really not impressed with that sort of football at development stage but hardly surprised when coaches still look for the bigger physical players rather than the Ben Knights of this world!

2. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  3. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United

Smith-Rowe is flying right now. Thought he looked so dynamic in his cameos at the WC, but in the last month or so he seems to have kicked on even further, sometimes playing more centrally. Just so direct and decisive.

hussar repped this.
  4. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Chelsea beat Spurs tonight, in the youth cup, 2-0 (Sterling and Guehi). They play Fulham next. Hudson wasn't involved - they have the FA Cup on Friday night.

5. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Chelsea beat Fulham 6-0 and now play Birmingham in the semi final.

While Chelsea were sharp in their passing, and dominated throughout the first half, Fulham were well organised and defended very well. So much so it seemed to me that Chelsea would need some sort of fluke or cock up, at this rate to score. At the start of the second half they got their cock up, when a defender unaccountably, kicked the ball in his own net, with the wrong foot. At least it was the wrong foot if his intention was to clear the ball. As is often the case, for some reason, he made no attempt to face up to the incoming cross, but set himself as would an opposition striker.

I wonder if his coach has had a word yet. It's long overdue.

6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  7. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Arsenal are through to the final against Chelsea having beaten Blackpool 5-0 (7-2 on agg) tonight.