FA Cup Draw

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by shootemlow, Dec 6, 2004.

1. shootemlow

shootemlow New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    West Ham at home to Norwich. Lets make those birdies sing ! :D

2. torontohammer

torontohammer New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Yes, should be beatable. Let's hope we switch divisions with them at the end of the season, too!

3. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans
    The only reason I can see for a good cup run is money, I would love to see us do well in it, but belive it would be too much of a distraction. It did'nt help Milwall out alot. Recent history has taught us that we don't fare well in more than one competition and promotion must be the only prize on our minds this year. I say give some youngsters and reserves a shot, to up match fitness and take part in a competative game or more, and if they do O.K. let them continue.
    F.A. Cup line-up should look something like this:-
    Walker
    Blewitt McClenahan Ferdinand Cohen
    Sofiane Hutch Noble Ashikodi
    Bobby Z. Pearson

As well as if they are returning to fitness Daily, Milky, and the other Noble.
    P.S. Lets stuff Leeds, that would be awsome!!
    UP THE HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!1

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said.

I could care less about the FA Cup, the only thing on my mind is getting back up to the Prem.

5. claret50

claret50 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ditto pething :)

6. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And another thing...

The run in to the Cup match ....

That is brutal.

7. ballard45

ballard45 Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Melbourne, Vic, Aus
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

However, if you look at this we shouldn't lose any of these and should only draw at Ipswich. Let's see!!!

8. shootemlow

shootemlow New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    What is wrong with you or is that the problem with this whole game. It's all Premiership or nothing else. :(

The prestige of getting to Wembley in the old days for the FA cup final was huge. Standing alonside 99,999 other fans singing your heads off, cheering on your team. Sure I want to see W Ham go up but if they can get to the FA cup final that's one huge bonus in my mind. Let's stop talking money and talk more about the love of the game. :D

9. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the impression I get is, if we dont go back up to the Prem we are going to be in a world of hurt financially. The money due from the TV rights is of a massive concern for our surrvival. Again, that is from what I gather reading on these boards and on the kumb mailing list.

I would love to win the Cup. It would be a trememdous honor for West Ham, no doubt. But my concerns are strictly about surrvivng financially at the moment. If I am off base on this concern, I am sure someone will point that out.

10. shootemlow

shootemlow New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    I understand where you are coming from but personally I think W Ham should go into receivership or get bought out. Few 1st division clubs have the fan loyalty that W Ham does, it's a good gate receipt every week. Something businesses are looking for. Let it go under and get taken out by new management with a better dream than what we have now.