FA Cup Draw (5th round) [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Jan 27, 2008.

1. barthez4

barthez4 Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Giggs will score a vunder-gol.

2. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Why are you even arguing this? Whatever Rovers club Beckham played for, it was a youth team aka academy. All Pro clubs have academies. I never said he played professionally when he was 10. Wikipedia, understand it.

3. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    TV people say: We give you money, you give us audiance.
    FA- United as usual ay?
    TV: marvalous

fcuk offff!

4. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    how are we getting such difficult ties? seriously...

granted...best game possible in terms of entertainment... but shouldn't the fa try to make that the final (assuming they are indeed messing with the ties)?

5. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    Do you think maybe they want a smaller side in the final? you know a cinderella story?

Cuz if they do MU and the Arse are the two most likely teams to knock out the smaller ones. along with chavs i suppose.

6. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hot and cold balls in the tub they draw them out from, i think they set it up so it's not a big four final.

7. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    lol you said hot and cold balls lol

8. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Out of our last 37 FA cup ties ...30 of them have been against Clubs from the Prem, MOTWYW :eek:

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    eheheh eheheh.... balls

[​IMG]

10. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In order for us to win the Cup, we need to beat the best. May as well take them on now.

11. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right on! We need to win 4 more FA cup games to claim the FA cup, and on a good day, we can beat any one of the remaining 15 teams. After the 16th, we'll need to beat 3 of the remaining 7, two of which I'm sure will be Scouse and Chel$ki.

I don't mind having a Cinderella story in the final, as long as we're the other one.... remember the Milwall match a few years back? I'm ok with another one of those.... :D

12. mhtwins113

mhtwins113 Member

May 9, 2005
    Club:
    Lincoln City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I can say is that I'm glad this is at home and it's not vs Chelski. The FA can rot in hell.

13. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP :p

14. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    There are positives in this because its better to play the stronger teams now instead of at the end of the season when we are fatigued like last time, BUT there is probably a good opportunity that either Chelsea or Liverpool also play at the final, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Im sure Fergie is fuming about this tie and how it is rigged, and I fully support that theory.

15. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I'm ecstatic with the draw.

Some gooners fans I know wouldn't shut the f*ck up after the 2-2 match that they 'won' so it would be great if we would win this one. I wish it was at the Emirates but OT will be just fine. They'll start running their mouths tomorrow but I'm quietly confident that this can be a comfortable match for us.

2-0 would be perfect.

16. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    French teams :):)

If we play well and beat Arsenal (which we will).. the team will be riding high and probably be in good form for Lyon.

17. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    at school now but i'm curious to see the last 10-12 of pool and chelsea as well

should be rEdiculously one sided right johno?

18. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    So in 13 days we'll play 4 games:

Sun. 10 08:30 ET Man Utd v Man City
    Sat. 16 TBD Man Utd v Arsenal
    Wed. 20 14:45 ET Lyon v Man Utd
    Sat. 23 12:15 ET Newcastle v Man Utd

Most likely we'll see full strength line ups against Arsenal and Lyon, and some players rested before/after.

19. +Gooner+

+Gooner+ Member

Dec 20, 2006
    In the Pampas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :p That is a pretty odd thing to say after Lehmann saved us the win the last two times he played against you and Almunia messing up big time the last two times he played against you. He has stepped up big time for Germany in the euro qualifiers whenever the pressure was on him and you should be aware that he won't get any more games at Arsenal this season if we lose against you. So Lehmann being all fired up and motivated, who loves playing at OT btw as he said, is no fun to play against. He still does those kind of impossible saves when they really matter so I really wonder where you got this from.

20. leafdolfan

leafdolfan Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I can asure you no one will be resting for the Citeh match. I care more about winning that one than the one against Arsenal and I love the FA Cup. Still gutted after last years final.

21. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    So are Rooney and Tevez supposed to play all of those games from the start?

22. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All we have to do to win the Citeh match is to throw some balloons on their side of the pitch.

IT'S LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL!

23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, but every once in awhile it would be nice to get the easy route.

You know!!!!

Tough, tough stretch of games.

I highly doubt it. I think we'll see Giggs and Anderson both deployed as forwards at some stage.

I think its paramount that we go into the game against Citeh with our best XI and all guns blazing. If we can play them off the park and grab 2 first half goals we'll be able to rest one of Rooney/Tevez for 30 minutes.

Seeing how shit on set pieces the Gooners are, I'm torn over Nani starting in the cup (over Giggs, cuz Nani is our best Corner taker) or Giggs starting because of his experience and knack for the stage.

I think this topic needs a thread of its own.

Citeh in the League and Arsenal in the FA cup just days apart is tough, but throw in an AWAY CL match in another coupla days and it gets rEdiculously tough to come away with max points in the league.

Saha is going to HAVE to play at some freakin point - maybe against Lyon and Newcastle.

24. ktul6336

ktul6336 New Member

May 15, 2006
    thats 42 EPL ties in our last 50 Cup matches, ********ing rigged!!!

25. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That run of games isn't so hard. Arsenal and City are at home so they're ok. A draw is all we need at Lyon and Newcastle are one of the worst teams in the world.

We should win at least 3 of them plus a draw at Lyon.....