F50+ vs Vapor

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by dbecks1052, Jul 14, 2005.

1. dbecks1052

dbecks1052 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    connecticut
    I'm looking for a few oppinions on my next pair of cleats to buy. Currenty im looking at two different pairs.. the adidas f50+ fg and the nike vapor II's fg. I've never had a pair of nikes.. ive always worn adidas predator models and im not sure i want to try something new. I did own a pair of adidas f50's and for the most parts i liked them. So, tell me what you think so i can make an easier decision on which to buy!!!
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. scottn27

scottn27 New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    USA
    Personally, I would avoid the vapors. After hearing of how they have hurt so many peoples' feet.. why even try them? I too have worn mostly adidas. But recently the Aveiros have really been hurting my feet. I am now ordering the Nike Legends. So between the vapors and f50+s, I would choose the f50+s for sure. However, you may want to look into the Legends. From what I've read, they are really good boots.

scott

3. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I had the F50+s then decided to get the vapors. I let a friend play with the F50+ for about a month while i was playing with the vapors. Then yesterday I played with the F50+ after playing with the vapor for a month and I was AMAZED at how much better the F50+ were. I could barely tell that they were heavier, they were so much more comfortable and the touch was simply awesome. That being said I would definatly rate the F50+ as the better boot.

4. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    Definitely F50+...The Vapor is just about image and hype. They are crap boots and blister universe!!! The F50+ comes with THREE different insoles!!!!

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Vapors all the way for me. Just got back from training and have a big blister on the ball of my foot from F50+ so they arent my favourite boots at the minute - lol. But seriously vapors are the BEST boots ive ever ever worn.

appleCORR

6. soccer1226

soccer1226 New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Hawaii
    F50+...Vapors give me mean blisters

7. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    F50+ HANDS DOWN! Vapors gave me the worst blisters, i still have them im trying to sell them.

8. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    You should buy Puma KSLs or Cellerators....but seriously, I have the f50+ and honestly they're not much to write home about... I've never worn vapors, so I can't say, but I do have the legends which I like a lot.

9. flyingfullback

flyingfullback New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    Just how good r the legends?
    :D

10. scottn27

scottn27 New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    USA
    Yeah, I would really like you to expand on what you said. I'm planning on ordering a pair (as soon as Eurosport gets them in stock). I was thinking about trying some Copas out, but I think I might go with the Legends because they are similar, but have newer technology, and are slightly lighter. Any information about the Legends is appreciated.

scott

11. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    IMO, I like my legends better than my pulses and f50+. They are the perfect mix of technology (external heel counter, new stud configuration), and simplicity (simple lacing, no "swerve" elements) at the same time. It's a great no frills boot, at a great price. They're not too heavy or bulky, and not vapor light. A good medium of weight and great fit. The touch on them is outstanding. The leather is soft and comfy right off the bat. The studs have great grip and I had no stud pressure. These are the only boots i've worn next to my cellerators where I have yet to have stud presseure. And most importantly :D they look class. I know I talk a lot about my pumas, truth is, for me, pumas are the greatest boots i've worn, but these boots are right up there. :)

12. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    I have Vapors, F50+, and Legends. My feet are quite wide but I can still wear the Vapor and F50+.

Legends are definitely the worst of the 3. The leather is inferior compared to other top range boots in the market. It feels heavy and bulky. It is a boot for wider feet, and IMO the AZT3 are better.

Vapors are the lightest boot around, and I didn't have many blisters with Vapor II. The only problem I had with them is that the synthetics are quite thin and when someone steps on my feet it hurts like mad. Also they are quite narrow.

F50+ has a strange profile. The narrow bit is the area behind the toe box. That part is REALLY narrow, altho the rest of the boot isn't. The insoles do nothing in terms of performance, but they do affect fit. Folks with wider feet can use the thinner insole (lightweight). There's also concern for the synthetics, regarding waterproof and durability of the plastic webs. But they are probably more comfortable than the Vapors.

So Vapors or F50+? Personally I like the Vapors more, because you really don't feel as if you are wearing them. The bottom line, as usual, is that try them both and see which you like more!

I am afraid I cannot comment on the style or look of the boots. I don't feel I can give a good opinion, plus I don't think that's what dbecks1052 will wanna hear!

PS- didn't wanna compare them with the Pulse because I have had 'personal issues' with them and they are the worst boots I've ever had.

13. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    If you wear Predators and you're used to them I'd recommend the F50+ over the Vapors because the Vapors will be a big shock in terms of comfort.

However if I were really in your position I'd just stick with Predators if you like them!

14. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I went through 2 pairs of pulses, the beckhams, and the blue ones. Unfortunately they kept on splitting from the sole, but they were amazing shoes! Then i tried F50+ they are almost identical to Pulses, just that they have a tigher fit, I love them more than the pulses. I recomend F50+ to everyone.

15. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah Vapor's do take a bit of getting used to...F50+'s caused me a hell of a lot of hassle trying to get my feet in them, let alone kicking a ball!!

bigg skizzle

16. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    for me, vapors, never liked the 50+ since i had so much difficulty squeezing my foot into them, and when i walked around the shop in them, i could feel a cramp coming. plus the blades are quite long in the vertical sense, so it feels like my balance on them were quite off...

17. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Vapors are of course light, and give a great touch and power shot, but lack the grip of other models like the preds and f50s, also, if they arent meant for your feet youll know it quick b/c they will tear your feet apart... I got lucky, they fit me feet good...

Now f50's, never worn a pair, but i have the pulses and i like the split sole, and i imagine that the comfort is about the same which i like... The only thing i see is that the f50s look really thick to me, but idk...

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    talking of F50s which sole is the most padded? I wore mine to train in last week and got a blister. I had the comfort soles in too but just wondered if any of the others were slightly more cushioned because i cant really feel much difference between all 3 soles! - lol sorry its a bit O/T!

appleCORR

19. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    I just wear the lightweight insoles. To me, the cushioning on the comfort and professional isn't in the proper place for my feet, and it feels awkward.

20. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

I said the same thing in another post. I cant feel any difference between the insoles... that is until I wore the lightweight ones. Those sucked, I mean really sucked...It felt like there wasn't even an insole... The comfort are supposed to have the most, than professional, than lightweight. The pro seemed to work ok, but I could still feel a blister coming on. next is the comfort, and i'll see how that goes. I'm really not into these boots....i want to be... but it's really hard to like them...

21. Jaspero

Jaspero New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    I wish i could say the same, i worn vapors I for about a year and theyre totally messed up now, probably they were to slim for me.
    Is the vapor II an option for me? Are they less slim than the vapor I ? If not ill always will stick to the problem of holes on the side of the shoe.

JasperO

22. matthewfoo

matthewfoo Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Singapore
    vapor 2s are much wider than the 1s, esp in the toe box.

23. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah Vapor II is more room you may as well try them they are great boots.

bigg skizzle

24. Jaspero

Jaspero New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    After a while there was gettin a hole in the side just were the knuckel of your little toe is :p
    i taped is from the inside for stopping that hole for gettin bigger..but it only slowed it down a bit.
    I definatly will tr some vapor II then.
    thanks,

JasperO

25. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

Well I wore my f50+ tonight with the comfort insoles and didn't tie them as tight as I did last time...what an amazing difference. They were really really nice compared to the first time I wore them... However, I would still choose my cellerators, than legends or pulses, over my f50+...(especially with my horrible shooting tonight)