F.C. Porto x Sporting Clube de Portugal - 2 Jornada Liga BWIN 2007/08

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by ---Z---, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Ok tripeiros take the win. but let's see how these new rules are going to work. They made a big fuss on this, now let's see if they got the balls to put into affect.

2. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Taken from the fifa rule book....

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper,
    inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:
    • takes more than six seconds while controlling the ball with his
    hands before releasing it from his possession
    • touches the ball again with his hands after it has been released
    from his possession and has not touched any other player
    • touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked
    to him by a team-mate
    • touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from
    a throw-in taken by a team-mate

I don't know about you but polga slide tackles the ball away from the porto attacker and the ball rolls to the Scp goaltender. In my opion, I did not see a deliberate pass back to the goalie!!
    What are your thoughts Sportinguistas???

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The indirect freekick in the 6 yard box which led to Meireles goal was certainly a bad call... Polga tackled postiga and then Stoijovic pick up the ball... thats not a intentional backpass by any means.

Despite this, I am in no mood to take away from Porto's victory. (And believe me I am more then happy to do that, but not after what I saw from SCP today).

SCP let us down with their offensive play today, simple as that. 1st half did SCP even shoot on the goal ffs?

Porto was playing very physical as many of you mentioned, and it worked. Paulo Bento took way too long to sub on Simon Vuckevic. Vuckevic is aggressive and physical and is the man we needed out there today. Romagnoli is so soft and will never survive in a game like this vs Porto. at Half time, or even before I think Romagnoli should have been replaced with Vuckevic and let him play in the number 10 role (He does wear the number 10 after all!). What the hell do we need Romagnoli out there for? so he can fall around and get eaten alive by Porto players... oh maybe for his freekicks? ok Moutinho and Veloso can do those..

Porto bully sporting around the pitch, SCP lacked a proper response and could not take any good shots on goal.

4. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    miguel veloso quaresma and vukcevic when he came on were the best players by far,

vukcevic is pure magic, should be starter 100% ahead of pipi and celsinho once fit should take izmailovs place.

sporting need better fullbacks, and todsay moutinho flopped all over the place, embasressing.

also quaresmas challange?

how about the one Abel did on him two footed with studs up with no intent to get the ball.

shameful.

Anyways portos experience in midfield shone through, as moutinho and veloso struggled to assert themselves.

assuncao, how undderated is this player..simply amazing defensive midfielder, and he wants to turn portuguese..i wouldntr mind him on ntl team:D

5. Carne Leao

Carne Leao New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Moutinho flopping everywhere? HA, that's a good one. It wasn't like he and Veloso weren't targets for Porto's shit tackles no couldn't be. :rolleyes:

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    100% in agreement with your post. In any other league and maybe in any other stadium in the SL, that "back-pass" would not have been called as such.

7. Porto#1

Porto#1 New Member

May 8, 2005
    Toronto/Portugal
    Right.....that's why Simao was second choice to Quaresma after Athletico Madrid failed in their bids to get him.Liverpool was sniffing around for him as well

8. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quaresma was one of the most sought after players. Porto wont sell him cheap, that's the reason.

9. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This was a very disappointing game for me on a couple of fronts:

Do I think that Sporting deserved to win this match? No, not the way that they were playing. There was no cohesion in the midfield; the defenders looked a bit sloppy at times; no-one wanted to shoot the ball; free kicks were poorly taken - nothing went right today.

Do I think that Sporting deserved to lose in the manner that they did? No. Even the most ardent of Porto fans will admit that the ball played by Polga to Stojkovic wasn't a pass but more a ball win. I mean, Polga and Postiga were literally entangled with one another and a clear intent to "pass" the ball back to the GK was not IMO meant to be a pass back. Mind you, Postiga is a slow guy and Stojkovic could have booted the ball down the field or even for a throw in instead of opting to pick it up, but clearly that was no pass back to the GK.

Porto was also pretty rough throughout the match. Moutinho was hacked throughout the game by anyone in blue; Pedro emmanuel escaped without a card (!); and Quaresma probably should have seen red for the horrible foul on Veloso. Perhaps if the game were in a different venue, the refereeing would have been different.

As far as the line-up goes, I was surprised not to see Vukcevic in the starting XI. He was arguably the best player last week against Academica and I know that Izzie scored against Porto in the SuperCup, but he should have started on the bench after not playing in 2 weeks due to injury. Romagnoli was soft and timid in the midfield and was invisible most of the time. So was Izmailov, but he wasn't match fit IMO. Sporting played their best when they reverted to a 3-5-2 towards the end of the match looking for the equalizer, but it was too little, too late.

Overall, the effort could have been much better and I do have a sour taste after ths match because while I don't think that Sporting deserved to win, they didn't deserve to lose, either - not this way, at least...

10. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My observations...Porto were very physical once again, and clearly had intentions of getting Moutinho and Veloso out of their routine.

The indirect kick given to Porto...well..I have seen that thousands of times and I haven't seen that type of call on a ball that was clearly not a back pass...Polga had not intention of giving back to Stojkovic.

Proenca talks to much and is trying too hard. He is an awful ref and didn't keep the players in check. Missed some obvious calls both ways.

I am a little dissapointed in Liedson for the face grabbing incident...he wasn't touched and went down like a little girl.

11. whiteboy

whiteboy New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Can someone tell me why KAZMIERCZAK wasnt in the squad?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

12. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Plain and simply, he just was a healthy scratch...

13. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Porto plays rough, they were agressive, they fouled a lot, moutinho couldn't take it, Levezinho could even get up..... WHAAAA WHAAAA!!!!!! Cry me a river.

Porto is historically a tough team to play at home. We all know this, why are you lagartos all surprised by this???? Did you honestly think that Bruno Alves and Pedro Emanuel are going to let Levezinho and that 60 pound Moutinho pass the ball around like this was house league???? You are damn right they are going to get their skinny little legs hacked. If they can't take a Tough Porto team, then their careers will most likely involve staying in Portugal cuz in England/spain/Italy, they paly even harder.

Talk all you want about Quaresma, heck, I don't even like him sometimes but he rips apart any team so I don't understand the hate :D

14. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Any Porto fans concerned that Porto (so far) have only been able to score from fixed peices as to appose to on the play ?

15. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Look whose suddnely re-found Bigsoccer :rolleyes:

16. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Not surprised!! They won. I don't recall any comments from him on the Cup game.

17. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Go back to your Benfica forums and lend your team some support, heck, they could use it.

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I used to be on here after every Porto loss so excuse me if i haven't been taking it lately, i barely post here but when I see a bunch of cry babies posting about how Porto is such a tough team, I have to reply.

19. Quim Barreiros

Quim Barreiros New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    You couldn't be more wrong. PDC put a high price tag on him because he doesn't want to sell him just yet. We can afford to that unlike others.

He's top quality and has every right to be on our NT. Are you serious? I think your talking with your green shades on.

Take a defeat like a man and stop whineing. I was upset when we lost the suprecup final but I didn't go around disrespecting SP players.

20. Quim Barreiros

Quim Barreiros New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Would I rather they have scored more goals from a running ball? Yes
    Am I concerned that Porto have only scored from set peices? No

We won both games (6points) against both (arguably) the next 2 strongest teams in the league (Braga and Sporting) after Porto. First two games of the season, I'd say thats a good start.

Now the real question is Any Benfica fans concerned that Benfica have only been able to tie both thier games as appose to winning them from scoring with set peices?

21. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    I did take the defeat, it would've been easier if you had no influence from the men in black.
    Ok so what's ciganos price tag, that noone wants him. He has a record in Europe, and no top European club will touch the cigano, and it's not for money. The scumbag has no ethics, he's a piece of shit.

Any player that has no respect for his fellow workers, is nothing but a PIECE OF SHIT.
    Don't worry because sooner or later all the players will realize it, and someone will take him down.

22. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    The ref gives u the call of the season, and of course your not crying. It was in your favor shit head, had it been the other way (well it never is with PDC running the team), you'd be screamming bloody murder.

So your saying Cigano didn't deserve a red for his tackle on Veloso?
    No wonder why no top European clubs want him.

The league ought to instill some rules it said it would, and yes Levezinho deserves a yellow for faking a foul, and so does Emanuel for elbowing, and a red for cigano.

23. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Unless that influence was in Sporting's favor, like in the Supercup match, right? ;)

Your hate for Porto is blinding you again. It's not like there aren't clubs interested in Quaresma, it's more that Porto doesn't want and doesn't need to sell. And I guess that for Quaresma, who is making 3,5 million euros a season, playing in a club that's constantly under the european spotlight and actually wins something occasionaly, is something he can live with for another year.
    It's a win-win-win situation for all parties involved: Porto wins because Quaresma is a genius and is at the top of his game right now, Quaresma wins because he's at a top european club, Porto fans win because keeping Quaresma on the team drives people like you crazy with envy. So everybody is happy. Everybody except you.

Wise words. I totally agree. What I would like to know is do you apply that standard to Sporting players also, or just Porto's? Because in my opinion Liedson is one big turd too. What do you think? Not to mention other names that were/are considered Sporting symbols, like that huge lump of shit that was Sá Pinto.

Still, I would like to make one observation. Accidents happen when you play football - you played the game so you know this. When that happens, you can even injure a player who is actually your friend. Judging by the "cigano's" reaction (which was very different in other occasions where he deliberately hit other players) this time it looked like he had no intention of hitting Veloso, and his apology after the incident looked honest to me. Of course this doesn't excuse the foul, but it makes things different from what you're trying to make it look like: like it was an aggression when, clearly, it wasn't.

Which I bet will be fine by you, right? I bet that in that situation you won't have a problem setting your "ethics" aside and actually applaud the player that "takes him down". :rolleyes:

Anyway, just stopped by to piss you and JLR off.

My best to Forca Sporting, I agree with him that a draw was the right result in this match, but the same could be said about the Supercup game. The team that got the break won. This Sporting team is very good and will probably be our biggest obstacle in the way to the "tri".

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Some of us don't whine :eek: Like I said, I didn't feel that Sporting should have won because their play just didn't merit it, but at the same time to lose in light of a dubious call isn't making things any better. Nonetheless, the game is over and we'll all move on with our lives...

25. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, look who has come back to spew his blue venom :D Hope to see you more often around these forums, ferreirajl - the place needs more posters of your ilk (and no, I am not being sarcastic - you know me better).

Adeus.

Força Sporting