F.A. announce "Investigation".

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Jeff L, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, it didn't take too long what with the media, and TV coverage, (particularly "SKY", a believed 10% stakeholder in Man.Ure.) that the F.A. have now announced an "investigation" into the Old Trafford game.
    "Sooner rather than later" is the quote coming from the F.A.
    Obviously it remains for them to make up their minds, so long as THEY do, and not the "trial by television" who (it would appear) are already suggesting a "points penalty".
    How marvellous that will be for Man. Ure.!
    I can understand, but can't defend, our action yesterday, but it takes two to tango, and Man. Ure. began by "requesting the tune". Unfortunately they didn't cater for a tough dancing partner!

2. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't Sky own about 10% of Arsenal as well?

I thought they owned this much of most premeriship clubs. I know they do for Leeds as well.

3. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    wtf, a news organisation announces the news???

it's a conspiracy I tell ya.....

4. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    You have obviously missed the point, either deliberately or because you just don't understand the situation.

and I can't be arsed to explain it.

5. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    no. I think YOU missed my point :)

6. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    these manure fans aren't too bright, the bias is clear.

7. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    clever comeback.

8. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    ditto, how about another smiley face assh*le

9. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it's Carlton (ITV) who have the stake in Arsenal.

10. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    :)

11. Andy

Andy New Member

Dec 23, 1998
    NYC
    Another one. Come on guys, this used to be the best team board. We had trolls come, but we would ignore them and carry on. That is why we got so many visitors from other teams. Now its starting to look like anyone who comes here is jumped on as soon as they present an opinion contrary to blind support for Arsenal(the only ones exempted are those that have been here a while).

Lets try to keep it to a good debate from both sides.

12. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    Honestly as a neutral, (yeah I like Timmy though) both sides are being ridiculous. If you read both boards it's almost as if you people were watching two different games.

13. Brodo

Brodo New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Deep in Spurs territ
    If the troll was adding to the debate constructively then I have no problem with him stating his opinion. What he doesn't understand (and can't because he doesn't watch Sky) is that Sky does more than report the news, it sets the agenda. That's why Keown's baiting of the cheating dutch twat is replayed over and over again, whereas the cheating dutch twat's assault on Ljungberg a couple of years ago was discretely ignored.

14. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    I like watching Sky sports news. the Beeb seems to be falling behind in their coverage, at least on the telly over here.

15. dub77

dub77 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    in denial
    Point taken. Yeah Ruud is a hack but if you look at the situation he can't be called a cheater on this one. Viera needs to learn how to control himself. Passion is good but Viera I think has more red cards than anyone else since the league became the Premiership.

16. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Unfortunately PV4 does now have the highest record of red cards in the EPL. (8). What I query is how many would he have received if he had been playing for
    Mancheaters United?
    I am sure that SKY TV would not have shown so many of the incidents relating to Arsenal players if they had been "on the other side".