EXTRA! EXTRA! Read all about it! Ahn has apparently agreed to sign with...

Discussion in 'Korea' started by K_19, Jul 10, 2005.

1. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
  2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow that's cool. Doesn't Metz (which is spelled similiar to my beloved baseball team Mets) have two young Korean players in their youth system? Maybe Ahn can teach them a thing or two.

But yeah, i think it's a good signing. Not going to get champions league appearance but playing the likes of Lyon, Marseille, PSG, Monaco, etc. definitley gives Ahn some quality opponents.

French league is underrated in my opinion and is in the same level as Bundesliga (atleast to me because Bundesliga is a bit overrated imo).

Good Signing Ahn!!! Playing against Lyon is much better than FC Tokyo. :D

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    is this deal confirmed? because I don't understand French at all and I'm not even gonna bother using babelfish. can someone translate the article?

4. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I first saw this on Soccerworld and it was also said that it was on MBC news. I'll look for more info, but hopefully this isn't 'jirashi'.

Where's Kanuck? I believe he's French-Canadian-Korean, perhaps he can translate?

5. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

haha kanuck probably could translate!
    wasnt a korean player on metz? i wish he went to Lyon instead, but Metz is good too!

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yeah I saw this one Soccerworld too, but you can't get any less credible than rumours posted in Soccerworld boards. (although the members' board have quality posts from time to time)

and I'd much rather see Ahn playing for Metz than for some J-League team, but I wanted him to go to Udinese or at least a team that will compete in the UEFA Cup, but oh well. I guess this is good enough.

they finished 16th in the French league last season, by the way.

7. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Kang Jin-uk and Uh Kyung-joon are still with the Metz.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had hopes for a little better club, but playing in France is better than J-League :)

9. azia

azia New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    i'm living in belgium and we speak french.
    it's just rumor ,not signed. fc metz wanna sign ahn.
    no deal yet :rolleyes:
    it's better for him to play with fc metz than psg.(not on the bench ) it's better than the bench of psg.
    i discuss recently with psg fans and they are arrogant,they doesn't want ahn... (because they wanna sign big name)pffff
    fc metz supporter rate ahn highly :)
    but wait and see.
    good move for him if he goes

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  11. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If he's in France for negotiations, the deal must be pretty close.

Come on Ahn you prick, Sign!!!

12. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yeah, but remember Hwang who came back from Turkey after the deal fell through.

13. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    anyone know if he has an open spot for him at metz?? and doesnt a japanese play there?? matsui i think is his name...

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Matsui plays for Le Mans.

15. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha.

Wouldn't it be a bummer if he disagreed to give a tryout and returned to the J-League ATM :D

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dont even mention the ********.

17. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    It's on Yonhap News.

http://www.yonhapnews.net/news/20050711/110501000020050711084211K7.html

---

Yes, FC Mets was the surprise. I thought Ahn would either sign with Udinese or Alaves of Spain. Kia is currently sponsoring Udinese and Cosmi, who was the former coach of Perugia when Ahn was playing there, is taking in charge of this team. From the reports I read, Cosmi wanted to sign former Perugia players, including Ahn. I don't know why the deal didn't go through.

18. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes, looks like it's confirmed now, as it is being reported by Yonhap News. It is quite a surprise, as FC Metz weren't mentioned at all when all the rumours were flying around. But apparently FC Metz showed the most eagerness in signing Ahn. It's not really a 'glamour' move for him, but probably the most practical one as he should be able to get some decent playing time against some quality oppositions. Good stuff :)

19. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    It's good to see Ahn swallow some pride and sign with a French club. It used to annoy me that he only wanted to sign with the "Big Three" leagues before. The French league is very technical so I think it'll suit him better then any other European leagues.

Good luck Ahn Jung Hwan. Make your countrymen proud in France.

Let's go Metz!!!! (Toohyper would love this :D )

20. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Incidentally Kang Jin-wook and Uh Kyung-joon are already playing for the club (Probably in the reserve squad, however)

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are they promising players or just some suckers :)?

22. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    young, upcoming players who came through the club's youth academy, I think. So guess they are just prospects at the moment.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Okey, but thats nice , at that age going over to France. Wouldnt mind that myself :p

24. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
  25. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC