Exit polls

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Bob Morocco, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
  2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off I just want to say that I vehemently hate when people say that all Democrats should vote Democrat and vice versa. Toeing the party line is dispicable and inexcusable in my mind. Think for yourself.

That being said, the 11% bought into Bush's bull**** and/or really didn't like Kerry.

3. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I thought this would be about how incredibly helpful and accurate the exit polls yesterday afternoon were.

Note to myself: kick John Zogby in the taint.

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe how badly people got sucked in by the exit polls.

5. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Part of me thinks that if it wasn't for those ********ing exit polls getting my hopes up that I wouldn't feel so devastated today. The rest of me thinks that's **************** and I'd be just as miserable.

But last night sucked more than it would have if I'd been a little more prepared.

I'm sure there's a going to be a lot of exit poll dissecting in the coming weeks but today I don't have the mental energy for it.

Note to Loney: Kick Zogby in the taint. Twice.

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too.
    Well, I think that John Zogby has pretty much committed career suicide already, so there's nothing you or I could do that could hurt him as much.

But feel free to give him a cockpunch if you ever see him.

7. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone heard a plausible explanation for why the exit polls skewed so heavily towards Kerry? My own guess is that the exit polling was concentrated more in the cities, but that's just pure uninformed speculation on my part.

8. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    This is what I'd like to do to Zogby: :(

[​IMG]

9. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Leave obie out of this.

10. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I heard a couple discussions on this yesterday. Apparently the polling locations were picked using a statistical model so they'd accurately represent the population. Dick Morris said he'd never seen an exit poll this wrong in 30 years of elections, and he suggested there were some shenanigans at work.

It was noted that the exit polling results were especially crazy in a couple swing states. One explanation I heard offered up more than once is the following: The times and locations of the exit polling were leaked to someone who rallied Kerry supporters to those spots to be poll takers. Haven't heard any better potential explanation yet.

11. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What is their supposed motive?

12. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm second in line.

13. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The belief is that people are less inclined to vote for a candidate if they think he's gonna lose (either not show up or vote for the presumptive winner). If early exit polls that show Kerry running the table in swing states get out--and they certainly did--that could keep down the Bush vote.

14. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    89 + 11 = 100, so no Dem voted a third party? I wonder where Nader got his 1%.

Anyway, should I also guess that 7% of Reeps voted for Kerry?