Ex- Crew Legends: Players, Coaches, and Personalities

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by fidlerre, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps because Brunner is retired? Often that's a requirement....written or unwritten.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  2. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Fun fact...I work with Balc now. Most people have no idea on his collegiate accomplishments.

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Düsseldorf got relegated today. So wherever Steffen plays next year, it is unlikely to be there.

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Official: Kicker reported today that Steffen is not returning to Duesseldorf.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  5. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Brad Stuver has left the bubble in Orlando for personal reasons. He's now with NYCFC.

6. LastOfEleven

LastOfEleven Member

May 1, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    He'll probably get time in the FA Cup and whatever the other cup is called these days. I still love the guy.

LaMacchia repped this.
  9. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just call it the League Cup. That way, I don't have to keep track of the constant title sponsor changes.

10. redi44crew

redi44crew Member+

Mar 27, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kills me to see Pipa in that jersey.

Pauncho and Tobias C repped this.
  11. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  12. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Higuain scores for DC.

redi44crew repped this.
  13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least it's not green....

Tobias C and redi44crew repped this.
  14. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game of the tournament I skipped, and it looks like I picked the wrong one.

Pipa chip, and Toronto blows a two-goal, man-up advantage for a draw.

15. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve Clark just stopped a Chicharito penalty kick.

TKyle and Tobias C repped this.
  16. redi44crew

redi44crew Member+

Mar 27, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Juuka Raitala just got absolutely dumped on the TFC hat trick goal. Commentator suggested he hit the weight room.

17. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn’t realize that was him but that was such a foul.

18. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    Started watching World's Toughest Race: ECO-Challenge Fiji and on episode 3 they interview as part of Team Curl our very own Steve Lenhart. Team Curl got their name from the fact that all team members have curly hair. They were middle of the table at the time, forty-something out of 66 teams that started.

19. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's on Prime, isn't it?

20. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    Yes, it just came up a couple of weeks ago. I just got around to catching up on a few episodes and was met by Goldilocks who mentioned that he was an ex-MLS player for good measure.

LaMacchia repped this.
  21. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for reminder. For some reason I didn't think it was on yet. I did adventure races (not quite that epic) for several years when my kids were very young and didn't occupy all my weekends with soccer. Now that they are older and transporting themselves, I am trying to get back in shape to be able to get back into it. Watching these crazy hard races motivates me.

22. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    It was interesting to watch. Without doing spoilers, one team had all competitors over 62. Another team had a guy who should have been on the first team because that's who he did AR all the time but was with his son on another team because he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a year ago. His son put together a team just to be able to do one race with his Dad. Another team was an Indian team that had twin girls. These girls have done the seven summits but had very little experience in AR. Another team was 4 composed of people who did Ironman competitions including one that did 50 in 50 days in 50 states. Another team had 2 combat veterans discharged from the service due to their injuries. There was Team Curl with a former MLS Champion. There was a team of three Brazilian women with a unique story about the 4th member on the team. There was an all African American team. There was also a Spanish team with a story. Another one from Costa Rica with the woman battling her fears due to something in her past (like the woman on the Ironman team). A father and his two daughters and a father with his son teams. And then there were the Kiwis, the Aussies and a bunch others with interesting approaches to the competition and their own stories.

Like I said, a very interesting watch. It's something that I would never be able to accomplish.

23. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a HS friend who did 52 marathons in 52 weeks - along with a bunch of other long distance running challenges. So I had to go look to see if he was on a team. I also have a college friend who has done the 7 summits as well as Ironman Hawaii (as a 2 time cancer survivor - with only 1 fully functioning lung!) but I was certain he wasn't on a team because he just led his annual expedition up Mt Kilimanjaro. But if I ever had it in me to give one of these macdaddy's a try, they'd be on my list of people to invite to be on the team.

24. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh an don't sell yourself short. I took one on my college buddies on his first mt bike ride 15 or so yrs ago. He was completely out of shape and complained the entire time and had to stop constantly to catch his breath. He now rides 4-5 days per week and has done the Breck Epic (look it up) a couple times. I on the other hand have done almost the complete opposite since that day. But that was because I raised 3 kids and he has none. I'm hopeful I can slowly get back to where I can now ride with him.

25. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I usually do well with things where my legs come into play. Once we go with arm strength, forget it. That and my current age with years of not doing much but walking a lot tells me I might make it to the first checkpoint if the rest of the team carries me. ;)