Everyone's favorite son: The Timo Werner thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner is now at 91 goals scored for Leipzig (+39 assists). Only 9 goals from 100.

and he's at 87 goals in 1BL (+41 assists). Only 13 away from his 100th.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is looking rough at this moment like most other players post corona break...hope in couple of match days he is back to his full rhythm and shows better composure...Mainz is a terrible team and hopefully will get relegated

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    naw, I prefer Mainz stay up, they got loads of prospects coming up. Clubs like Mainz, Koln etc staying in 1BL is for best regardless of quality.

5. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
  6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So he’s going to Chealski?

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A lot of reports saying so. I would rather he stays at Leipzig under Nagelsmann then goes to Chelski tbh. Lampard isn't a great coach imo. Seems he is keen to move though, and will link up with fellow ex-Stuttgarter Toni Rudiger there.

Hopefully he is more successful then Andre Schurrle.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Moving to Chelsea is a lateral move, Not an upgrade asides the money, At this point, Leipzig and Chelsea are tier 2 clubs in Europe. Not in Bayern Liverpool, City PSG Barca Madrid or Juventus level

If Sane moves to Bayern and plays well, Werner might lose his NT starting spot

-------------Back 4
    ------Kimmich--Goretzka
    --------------Brandt
    --Gnabry--Harvetz--Sane/Werner

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol Chelsea, looks like I won't watch Werner outside of DFB.

10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agree it is a lateral move on the pitch. It won't be a lateral move for his bank account though, which is probably decisive.....

11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At Leipzig, he starts as long as he is fit
    At Chelsea, he battles Odoi Willian Pedro Ziyech Pulisic Tammy and Giroud for the 3 positions in attack

12. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Willian and Pedro will be leaving I think.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

14. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He is not a sure shot starter at this moment in NT

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Timo Werner has withdrawn himself from Leipzig's Champions League squad so he can settle with Chelsea in July, reports @BILD_Sport https://t.co/hgcqyP7Rw6

Is this even legal. If Werner pulls this i hope he's banned from CL and the NT

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    why would it be illegal if the transfer market would be open?

and who cares about Leipzig anyways trash club. That's not a good reason to ban him from NT anyways.

with or without Werner, Leipzig is highly unlikely to win CL.

if it happens Leipzig would be aware anyways since they will receive money from transfer.

18. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Transfer is for next season and he is still under contract with Leipzig till the end of this season.

Many players negotiate deals before end of the season and still play out the current season for their clubs

He just ruined the chance of a German team in the CL, if a player from France pulled that on a German club I am certain you will be complaining about how they only see Buli clubs as a step up but this is Werner a German doing this to the club who brought him into limelight

dips82 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #694 Ger90, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    eh, you do realize that CL will come back in August right? August is next season.......

dude 1BL season is over next weekend. July-onwards=break+preseason. So on for the new season.

delays of CL due to corona can't be helped. Your like blaming Werner for this, lol.

why you making a fuss anyways, he's not leaving on free transfer. Leipzig will make money.

he didn't ruin anything for anyone, if Leipzig depends on him that's their own fault for having ineffective players and for having so many shit transfers. I really don't give a shit about Leipzig anyways. They don't do anything for German football and I DON"T want to see them win anything anyways, they can be losers forever for all I care.

I wouldn't be complaining about Frenchies because I would be mocking them. I'll mock the Frenchies as much as I want and you complain but ALL the Frenchies at Leipzig have been slammed by Rangnick for unprofessional behavior over past season. Yeah don't pretend they are saints.

And Werner didn't use Leipzig as stepping stone he spent 4 seasons there even more time than his legit boyhood club of Stuttgart. And it's more like Werner brought Leipzig through the limelight.......

and for the sake of RB fricking Leipzig you want to ban him from the NT, WHAT???? It's the most hated club in Germany anyways.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you want to know why 1BL ends before July 1. It's because it seems of legality, a LOT of players have June 30 2020 contracts and the clubs are NOT allowed to use players with expired contracts unless they renew. Not just expired contracts, players who change clubs early, usually you start with new club on July 1.

if club needs these players and those players are leaving then you aren't going to extend.

so by finishing pre-July you avoid all the mess that comes with it.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner turns 25 next season, it's high time he plays elsewhere anyways. How many more big moves can he even make? The longer he stays at Leipzig the more it diminishes his chance of a big move. Should he move at basically 26/27 then you would be closer to late 20s instead of mid-20s.

besides Leipzig is an ageist club......

only shame is Werner leaving 1BL and currently at 88 goals in 1BL, so close to 100.......

22. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I can understand stances from both side of fences. This covid thing is unprecedented at least in the last 40 years of my life. How to decide cut-off for one season to subsequent season. Do we follow the arbitary 30 June as originally intended? Do we follow the extended schedule due to UCL move to August? When push come to shove, it is not possible to satisfy all parties involved. Some club will feel cheated, just like Werner and RBL case. And on the other end of spectrum, there is clubs who feel this beneficial. The most safest option is to stick with 30 June and there's that. I'm not saying I completely agree with Timo decision here. But let put our emotion aside and he deserve to benefit from the unprecedented extraordinary situation.

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Chelsea would also be pissed if he played CL with Leipzig got injured and is out for months.

who remembers how Sane was going to Bayern then injured himself in a game for Citeh and then has been out for like a whole season. When that happened Bayern bailed on getting him in Summer and Winter.

also Werner would not be eligible to play CL for Chelsea vs Bayern in Leg 2 of R16.

24. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner must play in CL for Leipzig...period

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who is eligible to play in the European Cup in August
    Who is Werner playing for? UEFA clarifies about transfers

Champions and Europa League will continue if contracts have already expired and new signings have been committed. Now it is foreseeable who is then entitled to play for whom.

The change has not yet been officially announced, but Timo Werner will play at Chelsea for the new season. But what does this and other changes mean for the 2019/20 Champions and Europa League seasons, which will continue in tournament form in August? Can exits then still be used, new additions already?

On Wednesday, the UEFA Executive Committee decided that any new signings in the 2019/20 European Cup should not come up for their new employer, nor Werner for Chelsea.

The participating clubs can nominate up to three players in their previous European squad, but they must have been registered with the club since the last registration deadline on February 3. The maximum squad size remains at 25 players, so a different one would have to be deleted for each newly registered player.

What will become of players who are currently only employed by their current club until June 30 - such as Werner in Leipzig or the loans Philippe Coutinho and Ivan Perisic at FC Bayern - must be clarified individually. The surrendering and the receiving club must reach an agreement with the player as to whether they continue to accrue for their previous employer.

Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann had left that open in the Werner case: "The change has not yet been made, so we do not need to talk about step two. If step one is done, we will see how the Champions League continues."
    https://www.kicker.de/777753/artikel/fuer_wen_spielt_werner_uefa_klaert_wegen_transfers_auf#twfeed