Everyone Else But Us (Other Teams Thread 3) [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Twenty26Six, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Watched the documentary "Munich" The story of the aircrash that killed members of the Busby Babes Man U team the other day. (Setanta)
    Well done documentary showing quite a lot of football in post war Britain and events leading up to the crash.

Well worth watching.

2. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FEEEAAASTTTT!

3. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I was hoping Lyon would be much better but ManUre are too strong for them. Benzema scored out of nothing (great goal BTW) but when it really mattered, it was all ManU. 1-1 is not enough for Lyon.
    Milan managed to close down Arse and they will have to repeat last year's performance vs ManU to advance. I still favor Arsenal.
    Celtic put up a good fight vs Barca but the better team won.
    Fenerbahce vs Sevilla sure had some fire to it and the fans were loudest in Istanbul. Spaniards are certainly favorites, despite losing tonight but Fenerbahce will not go quietly...

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Funniest bit was Adebayor doing his best Greg Norman impersonation with 20 sec left in the game.

It was easier to score than miss, and hitting the cross bar from that position is very Liverpoolesque! ;)

5. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    During Setanta's Manure pregame report, Graeme Souness shared a little anectode with the panel - while he was Liverpool manager, Platini came to him and asked him to sign a French player who ran into trouble in the domestic league and wanted a fresh start in England. Souness told him no, as he had enough problems and did not need another volatile player - that player was Eric Cantona..."That's life" said Graeme as he finished his story...

6. benito camelpene

May 31, 2003
    miami
    It's not Barcelona's fault that Del Horno was kicking Messi all over the pitch because he couldn't handle him. And after beating Chelsea, Barcelona went on to win the Champions League. Something Chelsea hasn't achieved since being flooded with Russian oil money.

7. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Barca-Celtic game was a good one, but I don't see Celtic going through after being down 3-2 on aggregate. That Messi is really something. :D

I was expecting more from the Arsenal-AC Milan game. Some say Pato had a bad game, and he did, but he has promise. I saw the speed and technique, but he also has the power to hold the ball up. I cannot believe that AC Milan continue to play so narrow. Arsenal should have won the game.

8. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Chelsea have the most expensively assembled squad in the world but even their fans should be wary of a team that has actually won the CL and can field Eto'o, Henry, Ronaldinho, Messi, Dos Santos, Krkic, Iniesta and Deco.

9. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    L'Arse looked like us in too many games this year -- completely dominant but couldn't score in a brothel. See it even happens to that genius Arsene Wanker.
    Perhaps he should have rotated his team:D

10. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Chelsea anounce losses of £74.8 million in 2006-7 and Kenyon attempts to convince people that this is good news. :rolleyes:

So Roman has spent £578 million on Chelsea so far. I am not sure if this figure includes the £25 million spent in the recent Jan transfer window or the millions paid off to keep Jose quiet. Chelsea reported their wage bill had risen to £133 million!

The article also shows that Chelsea have spent a net ~ £250 million on transfers since 2004-2005 and up to and including Jan 2008. To add some context, Rafa (in one less year) has spent a net of £61 million and the papers all slate him for this! :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/02/21/ufnchelsea221.xml

11. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Eduardo out for the season with a major injury. :eek:

12. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    The Bust, Cisse Injury

leg snapped in half basically poor kid he wont be going to the euros:(

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    season is putting it lightly...

I just hope he walks normal again :(

14. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Arsenal f@ck it up and concede a last minute penalty. They failed to beat a Birmingham side reduced to 10 men after 3 mins. Not a good week for Arsenal. :eek:

15. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    What the F Vck was Clichy thinking? Lazy, Lazy Arse don't play to the final whistle.

16. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Every single Arsenal game ive watched this season...and thats been quite a few...Clichy has stood out as the player with terrible positioning and the one making reckless tackles after getting out of position. After Man City vs Arse and then this game, ive now seen his lack of any concentration or mental stamina/smarts/intelligence. FFS...how can you not see a player running at you when you should be the most careful (in the last minute). At least Aurelio and Riise dont go lunging in at players, making it easy for an attacker to easily go around them...Clichy has now stamped his authority on the 'weak link' in the Arsenal team.

Btw...great penalty by McFadden and excellent free-kick...that FK reminded me of SG's vs Aston Villa in the 1st match.

17. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Except that it wasn't a penalty he clearly got the ball.

18. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What does pen. mean on the scoresheet then? :rolleyes:

19. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    Yeah, I agree Clichy got the ball but right before that he just was standing around in the defensive 3rd and didn't even look up to see the pressure he was under until it was too late. His lazy playing the ball out of the back created the chance of a PK. Shameful play at this level, really.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here is hoping for a speedy recovery for Eduardo. NO player deserves to suffer an injury like that.

21. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    Wenger calls for lifetime ban for Taylor
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=510509&cc=5901

Hard to argue with Wenger as it looked intentional and Eduardo's career is most likely over. Shameful tackle on a bright young player. My heart goes out to him.

[youtube]0WqQgHJWTy8[/youtube]

45 seconds in is really sickening.

http://www.scotzine.com/blog/?p=185
    Sick picture so be warned.

22. CCSC_STRIKER20

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That tackle was terrible, it makes me sick to my stomache.

23. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I just wrote in another forum that Taylor should be banned for as long as Eduardo is out - does anyone know if Taylor is a malicious player who was a leg break waiting to happen or is this just a mis-timed tackle on a quicker player?

24. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's not, apparently. Saw the replay for the 4th squeamish time. The injury looks dreadful but malicious the challenge wasn't. Which is no comfort to Eduardo. Just about everybody on that pitch looked queasy.

25. luciusmagister

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    I was watching this match live and thought at the time that Taylor dove in studs up and was no where near the ball. The tackle looked intentional to me but maybe Taylor is just an unskilled player in one of the best leagues in the world. Shame because players like Eduardo make this an exciting league whereas players like Taylor don't offer much that can't be seen in my pub league.

Overall it is sad to see a skillful young player with such a devastating injury. Perhaps a life ban is a bit much but certainly something needs to be done about diving into tackles like that.