Everton vs Spurs, FA Cup Round 5, Wed. Feb. 10th, 3:15 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Reguilon and Lo Celso still out, Dele to make the bench and Aurier a 50-50 call with a muscle injury.

2. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd forgotten this was today. Going to work at 3pm. Won't know the result until I go on break at 7pm. I will be one right grumpy bastard for the rest of the evening if we don't advance. :mad:

COYS!! :cool:

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Team sheet is in:

Starting XI: Lloris (C), Doherty, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Lamela, Bergwijn, Lucas, Son.

Substitutes: Hart, Dier, Rodon, Tanganga, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Kane, Vinicius

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Interesting to see Kane on the bench. It shows what a gamble it was to play him Sunday and how desperate Jose was to get the win.

5. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    What a clusterf*ck! 3 goals conceded in 7 minutes! :confused:

I'm not watching this crap anymore. See you all in August. Hopefully Jose will be gone by then.

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I can't watch any more.

7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well it’s certainly not been a Jose special … I guess that’s something

8. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    My reluctant support for Jose now rests on winning the UEFA Cup.

9. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    No need for analysis here. Same old effing bonehead players making the same old effing bonehead gaffes.

All you have to do is pick any one of:

Winks
    Sanchez
    Doherty
    Sissoko
    Lloris

And match with any of:

Gave the ball away
    Played the opposition on-side
    Let in a soft goal
    Switched off in defense
    Gave away a needless free kick

10. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I won't complain about the game, itself ... it sounds like the only Spurs match in a while that I would've wanted to watch (as much as I'd've hated it). At least we tried playing football. Granted, we apparently don't do it terribly well anymore, but hey ho.

But I will say this: the odds of me being satisfied with starting the 2012-22 season under Jose Mourinho are reduced to almost zero. I just can't see us winning anything this year. And even if we sneak the League Cup, I'm not sure it's worth it. To be sure, I say that fully aware of how absurd that is as the fan of a club that's won nothing for over a dozen years - and who's desperate to win anything. There's not an ounce of entitlement in it - I'm not suggesting we deserve silverware of any kind. I just want to enjoy football again.

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    It certainly speaks to the core DNA of the club, that hundreds of millions of pounds on players and coaches, a billion dollar stadium and at times legitimately the best starting eleven in the Premiere League all to – maybe, but probably not given the opponent – equal the trophy "haul" from a decade ago?

12. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Looking at the draw we would get squashed by City anyway*

* Posted for future ridicule given the two upcoming City games.

13. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Speaking of City, despite the quality in their side (and remember they are doing most of this without De Brunye and Aguero, their equivalent of Son and Kane), you rarely see them give the ball away, while watching us, we give the ball away all over the pitch. Three of the five goals came from us giving the ball away in our defensive third. To me that's coaching. Pep drills it into them every training session (and City aren't the only team that do a good job of retaining the ball). What does our guy do? I don't see any evidence that this team is being coached by anyone. It's hope Son and Kane play a blinder (which was the case last night, the 2 of them did enough for us to win the game and Kane didn't come on until the 2nd half).

Like the old baseball refrain of "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain". For us it would be: "Son and Kane or loads of pain".

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Warren Spahn - despite being in the Hall of Fame - is the most underrated baseball player of all time. That is all.

BalanceUT repped this.
  15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    The winningest left-hander in history (363 wins).

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    With three years lost to WWII. He didn't win a major league game until he was 25.