Everton vs Newcastle [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Scouse, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    so, the break's over and we're down to business. it'll be interesting to see how moyes decides to use some of the new lads he brought in on transfer deadline day. some big decisions to come for moysey over the next couples weeks.

how on earth do you accomodate rooney, jeffers, ferguson, radzinski, mcfadden, campbell and chadwick? i think he'd like to play rooney just behind two central strikers but i can't see that happening today against newcastle, perhaps it's too bold an attacking move against a team with dangerous attacking options of their own.

will he have to drop david "blue through and through" unsworth for naysmith at left-back, considering we now have a replacement left-sided midfielder in kilbane. also, i believe mcfadden will be in with a shout in this position as he's played it before. personally, i've never seen him play, so i can't comment, but i've only heard good things about him.

we might see the return of jeffers, who i'm personallly glad to see back, as appearances by kilbane and martyn, depending on wright's fitness. i don't think we'll see mcfadden for a little while yet...moyes has made great pains to state he's "one for the future", rather than the genuine article he can throw out straight away. there's simply too many people who'll start ahead of him at the moment, too...we're spoilt for choice upfront right now.

i think moyes will go with something like:

wright
    pistone, yobo, stubbs, unsworth
    watson, gravesen, linderoth, kilbane
    ferguson, radzinski

subs:
    rooney
    jeffers
    naysmith
    carsley
    martyn

it's certainly nice to have selection problems of the right kind....

i'm nervous and excited about today in equal measure. not gonna chance fate and predict a score.

see you after the game, gentlemen.

"..for it's a grand old team to play for..."

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    What garbage ... 2-2 at full time. Rob Styles handed out three PKs, two red cards and nine other yellows. Would someone who was there check their ticket and make sure they didn't pay to watch the 'Rob Styles Refereeing Extravaganza?'

I wish I could comment more, but Everton's webcast was being particularly tempermental today. All I could hear was 10 seconds of commentary followed by 5 minutes of rebuffering. :mad:

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
  4. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Apparently the ref was an attention seeker and wanted the games headlines to be just about him.

5. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    the referee was a disgrace today...for both sides really...

ferguson got the worst treatment of all tho. he only had to sneeze and a free-kick was given against him. an absolute joke.