Everton v Bolton, 17 Dec [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Rocket, Dec 15, 2005.

1. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    NO!!! Faddy scores, but it's called offsides! ARRRGHHH!

2. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    And the hammer falls...Stelios scores to make it 2-nil.

We're done.

3. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Valente takes down Davies...Speed buries the PK. Embarrasing.

4. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Jeebus. Stelios scores again. 4-nil.

I'm glad I didn't set the VCR for later...

5. GermanToffee

GermanToffee New Member

Sep 23, 2005
    What a sad way to enter the christmas break :(

6. YankToff

YankToff New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Georgia(ex Saluki)
    and 1 substitution.
    this rigidity is confounding

7. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Wow. I am in shock. I can't believe it. We played so well and this is the reward we get.

See what happens when I predict a draw?!?!

McFadden had another great game.

8. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Ouch. That was harsh. At least McFadden is finally getting the credit he deserves. :eek:

10. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had Jussi Jaaskelainen on one of my fantasy league teams. That's about all I did right. Had to trade Neville. Wasn't producing the big points.

Have Anton Ferdinand. He's no better. ;)

11. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Valente may need to sit, or worse. Terrible PK, was uncomfortable with the ball, and was unable to handle Harewood on Wednesday. I think we may be better with the Neviller at left back. I don't think Phil is the winner in the Fill Tommy G.'s Big Shoes sweepstakes anyway, so let him have Valente's spot. Think we could get a case of John Smith's for Nuno? It might be worth it.

With how well Faddy is playing, I am starting to think that our most pressing needs are now a Graveson/Keane lookalike (steel, bite and organization in front of the defense, plus offensive prowess) and a suitable left-back. And only then a forward. Maybe Carsley can be the answer to the former, but he won't be truly match fit for some tmie.

Also, Cahill is not himself. At least not his former self (from last year). Davies is only so-so, and Zinedine Kilbane is, well, not. Osman may need to play more. Our midfield needs work. Bad giveaways in the middle (repeatedly against WHU) plus defensive lapses (how about that 5 minute span today?) are killing us.

Moyes needs to either start giving Kroldrup a chance or sell him. 5 million quid sitting on the bench can be better spent, even selling at a loss. Throw in Bent and we should have some spare change, if only we can convince someone to actually want to play for us. Maybe another case of John Smith's would help.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling rant...I probably should have started a new thread. I am still distraught at this performance, and this week in general. Thank God for Sunderland and Birmingham.

12. mischaDCU

mischaDCU New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Columbia, MD
    Maybe I spoke too soon; Birmingham are a lot closer to us than I remembered, and we play Sunderland in the next week or so, don't we? Sigh.

13. YankToff

YankToff New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Georgia(ex Saluki)
    Sunderland is New Year's Eve

14. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
  15. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    David Weir is past it. Last season he was very good, and also made a great return to playing for Scotland. But we could all see for Scotland this year that this is one season too far and Everton are feeling it. Pressumably Koldrup will come in when Moyes feels he is strong enough. However the defence needs more work than that. Valente seems to be suffering a bit of culture shock in the premiership, Hibbert is showing none of his early promise and Yobo makes far too many mistakes. VDM will help when he's back in, some steel is needed in midfield and a finisher is needed up front. A fully fit Beattie would fit the bill.

I expect to see a couple of January signings from Moyes, someone like Andy Johnson or Robbie Earnshaw will come in up front. A centre-half, possibly a return for Stubbs for half a season although I don't think that's a good move. Naysmith might push his way in front of Valente at left back and Neville might got to right back if they manage to find a good controlling midfielder, Stillian Petrov would be ideal.

It's good to see McFadden playing well. Its taken long enough for Moyes to realise he's a forward. He can only get better the more games he plays.

16. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Excellent post, thanks!