Everton - Leeds

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by Captain Splarg, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have never won in the premiership at Goodison.

I don't think we will on Sunday either, but you never know.

At least Bridges is back and able to play for a little while possibly. Lennon ended up playing 120 min against Swindon, so he might feature more heavily in this game since he has proved that he can last a while. Batty looks set to return to the bench though.

2. Bob Marley All Stars

Sep 25, 2003
    Milwaukee WI
    I think we can beat Everton...we haven't looked real sharp yet this year, but I still don't consider Everton to be a good team. And now they have glass ankles back...so maybe they won't start Rooney...who is the only player I'm worried about!! I see Leeds winning this one, and hopefully sparking a run of good form.

3. Bob Marley All Stars

Sep 25, 2003
    Milwaukee WI
    Then again, I could be completly wrong and we could get hammered. Roque Junior better get settled in real soon. So far he hasn't done much to help at all. Well bad game today....it looks as though avoiding relegation is the goal this year. But there are still a ton of games to go, and as long as we finish above 15 it'll be a success.

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were even worse today than we were against Leicester.

There was not even one good thing i could take from this match.

I just kept looking at the clock waiting for the match to be over so i could drive the just over 200 miles back home.

We were REALLY REALLY terrible today.

Everton did play very well though.... They really should have won by a lot more than 4-0 though.... (could have been 6-0 at halftime!)

Nigel Martyn did get a great reception before and after the match. So nice to see him playing again. A true professional.

5. Seedorf

Seedorf New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    What's the dirty word? RELEGATION!!!

I'm starting to think loaning out Danny Mills for a year was a very bad idea. This defense would have difficulty stopping Mia Hamm. Leeds was horrible. I agree: this is even worse then Leicester. As well as Leeds started the season, the last few games have been had to watch. We got completely crushed by Everton and Leicester, and barely beat Swindon Town, which I think they're in the second division. It's hard to compete in the EPL if second division squads push you to the brink. Luckily the schedule is getting easier. Our next four EPL games are only against Blackburn Rovers, Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. It all drives a man to drink!

To quote Peter Reid: "We are in for a very hard season if we keep playing like this. I am very worried. If you have not got the desire and you do not want to compete, then you are going to be in big trouble."

It's never a good sign when this is what the manager is saying in public.

6. Oz_Leeds_Fan

Oz_Leeds_Fan New Member

May 1, 2003
    Australia
    I shudder to think how many Blackburn are going to put by us this weekend...it'll take divine intervention to get them into shape before then. Leeds sure know how to spoil a mans day.

7. J. Books

J. Books New Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Maryland
    I had joked with my girlfriend before the game that it would end up 4-0 to everton. It was supposed to be A JOKE DAMMIT!!

I just got a kitten a few weeks ago. I named him Viduka. I think he'll grow into a big ol' pork pie.

8. Seedorf

Seedorf New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    At least you don't have a cat name Roque Junior. You've have to take it out back and shoot it just to put it out of its misery.