Even you die-hardest Rayistas....

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Charge!, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Have to be holding your schnozzes at Chastain and Venturini being named all-stars over Iverson and Lihong, in all seriousness....they got on the North team based on their name recognition and nothing else. By rights the Charge should have 7 starters, not 5.

But the North coach will see to it that any mistakes are rectified :D

Paul

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Damn please tell me that one of you Charge fans will be at the WUSA All-Star Gala on the 19th. I need new material!!!

BTW...I'll post the Charge fans/Coach K. encounter stuff later.

:D

3. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

nope, not really! :p

4. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Promises, promises :p

Paul (who was prepping to go to the southern New Jersey shore with my folks the week of the FCII)

5. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    And what rights would those be?

Iverson and Lihong? Um no.
    If Iverson was as good as you wish she was she'd be in Columbus this weekend. What did Lihong do?

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Done deal.

I'm damn near tempted to fly King Chode out to Portland just so I could hear "per the rules..." for the gazillionth time. :rolleyes:

7. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    "per the rules" the entire Charge team should make up the whole North team.

Right? I mean come on! Every Charge player is, in her own right, the greatest thing since sliced bread!
    And damnit they have the bobble heads to prove it!

8. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

Thank you!!!!!! :D

9. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    :D

We had three bobblehead nights, too, don't forget :p

My 5 reserves, then: Iverson, Meinert, Janss, Mitts, Beene.

Yours?

Paul

10. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    You still havent answered my question.

By what "right" does Philly deserve 7 spots?

11. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Remember, we're talking the 'North' teams only here...

Not a right, just a wish. My 7:

Moore: As if. She has it over Beene in every regular season goalie stat except catches/punches. She deserves a chance to compete for the national team, if Frau Heinrichs would just realize that there is an alternative to a Scurry on her downside and a Mullinix who was in net when we lost the gold medal game in Sydney. Moore may be so ticked off by the dissing she's gotten from the post-season awards that she could pull a Hasek and stone everybody's shots. Even you have to admit the Global XI snub was mystifying. Who else on the North was better? Webber? Williams? Ducar? LeBlanc? All looking up at Moore in GAA.

Iverson, Benson, Tietjen: We're saying on the Charge forum 'Doris Who?' E-I has evolved into a defender any team would love to have on their roster. And don't you think Pia won't be hot after her in the Breakers backfield when draft time rolls around. She's come a long way from being cast off by the Power, one of their many roster mistakes. Benny and Tietjen were part of the league's best defense in the regular season, and Chastain only played at the D for maybe half of the time. She got in solely due to too much competition in the midfield slots and because of her name value.

I would have preferred Lihong and Ailing together in the middle. Lihong is our career leader in assists (8)and Ailing would have been a nice going-away present for her. Lorrie did have four assists herself, so she's not as bad as some would make her out to be. Tisha got in because she's a veteran of the national team. Who would you rather have on your roster, her or Zhao? And Tullock came on rather nicely at the end. Her callup to the national team was proof of that.

Of course, Marinette up top.

Paul

12. Freestyle2000

Freestyle2000 Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: Remember, we're talking the 'North' teams only here...

If all these Charge players are so tremendous, why again weren't they in the Founders Cup match?

RS

13. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Re: Re: Remember, we're talking the 'North' teams only here...

:rolleyes:

And your North 11 would be whom, exactly?

Paul (for the record, the remaining 4 would be Sissi, Millie, Meinert and Katia...)

14. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Re: Remember, we're talking the 'North' teams only here...

Um now that's just crazy talk. With both Bri and Siri playing the best of thier career? I'll give you that Moore was the best in the North. But no, NT material? No thank you. We don't need to break in anymore new GK's. And honestly... you can't be serious and say that Moore would have done better in the Oly's?
    No. Not really.
    I'd like to see how Moore would do playing behind a crappy defense like the Power. The Philly D makes her look better than she actualy is. Moore is a competant keeper but she is not the world class, magnificent keeper most Charge fans make her out to be. In season 2 she still shows some of her inexperiance. She never competed at this high a level before (not like a keeper who has played international) and frankly sometimes it shows. Some of the mistakes she makes are the things you would expect from a rookie like LeBlanc. Fortunatly the Philly defense keep her from having to make too many mistakes. Two WUSA seasons and a ho hum college career does not a worldclass keeper make.
    That's my opinion anyway.

15. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    This thread is ridiculous. You have FIVE players starting!!!!!!!!!!!! The Beat have one. Even SD, whose season completely sucked and blew chunder had two starters (Foudy was a ridiculous choice... lots of other mids in the South deserving that start).

So button up and quit whining (you Charge fans are going to quickly replace SD in that category) ... we have no sympathy.

::tosses Charge fans a crying towel and a big pacifier::

16. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Interesting that'll I'll be the first Rayista posting in this thread......:rolleyes:

Sean