Even more . . . Stuff from other MLS Teams

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I just meant to let him come on loan and avoid the allocation order. If they want to sign him, it would still go through the allocation order.
    Don't lots of players go on loan to re-discover their form/improve? Isn't that what Augsburg is doing with Cordova?

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of last second goals really helped us this weekend: Atlanta got a 95th minute winner against Seattle, and Dallas equalized with Portland on the last play of the game. Somehow we're still in fifth.

Oh, and Kansas City blew out the Galaxy.

RSLer repped this.
  3. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    acima and rslfanboy repped this.
  4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have players coming back from injury
    thats just like a new signing...

RSLer and rslfanboy repped this.
  5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I flipped to this game from the RSL one. I couldnt really believe what I saw
    While it didn't result in serious injury, I think Cavallini should see a suspension similar to that of guys that have broken opponents legs

7. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what his salary is, but it looks like DCU paid $6m to get Benteke. He'll be eligible to play on Wednesday. I'll be curious to see what he can do in MLS, but it may not be much this season.

8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO the League MLS needs to suspend the PTFC owner like they did with DLH, and the NWSL needs to suspend the Thorns owner (same person). Also there are a couple high level employees who need to be fired.

9. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DrownedElf, SenordrummeR2 and rslfanboy repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole sequence leading up to that goal is wild. MLS After Dark never fails to impress.

DrownedElf and RSLer repped this.
  12. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised the keeper wasn't better prepared after just watching his team try the same thing seconds before.

SenordrummeR2 and RSLer repped this.
  13. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From PTFC & Thorns. I hooded and italicized the first sentence of Paragraph 2. I wonder if they can substantiate that? If not, it’s really a terrible look:

Thank you for being a valued member of the Portland Thorns FC and Portland Timbers FC community. We wanted to take the opportunity to directly connect with you on the news that has transpired over the past weeks and Club Owner Merritt Paulson’s announcement of formally stepping down as CEO of the Portland Thorns and Portland Timbers.

The issue of sexual misconduct and abuse is not unique to our organization – it is a leaguewide problem. As demonstrated by our actions, the Portland Thorns organization has shown that it is working to be a part of the solution, and we call on the entire soccer community to unite to address these issues in our sport.

Additionally, we wanted to update you on steps that have been taken by the organization to improve our club culture and address workplace-related issues. Click herefor an overview of our work in these areas.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Portland Thorns FC and Portland Timbers FC. Please contact Member Services at members@thornsfc.com or members@timbers.com if you have any questions.

We look forward to seeing you at the next game!

Best,
    Portland Timbers & Thorns FC

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you read the report issued by USSF last week? League-wide in the NWSL for sure. I do think they are avoiding the fact they were part of the problem for a damn long time and have been par tof the solution for less than a week.

BalanceUT, DrownedElf, 15 to 32 and 2 others repped this.
  15. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Not only league-wide, but sport-wide, including college and into the girls game. It sounds like a poisonous sorority/frat scene rife with emotional & physical hazing topped off with sexual quid-pro-quo. Makes Louis CK seem benign.

BalanceUT, DrownedElf and 15 to 32 repped this.
  16. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn’t. I didn’t realize the scope went beyond the Portland organizations. I still don’t like how they worded that and made it almost their most important point.

17. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I absolutely agree. "It was those guys" isn't a good look.

18. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it really fascinating that Merritt was the guy that convinced DLH to buy an NWSL franchise. Why did Merritt think he'd get away with a coverup after he saw what happened to DLH? Wouldn't a rational person see DLH being forced to sell and think "I should clean up my house and get things in order"?

Med_Phys repped this.
  19. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Maybe that's how he got DLH to get involved, you know for the "perks".

I met DLH kind of once at a meeting. It was my last day on a board of directors and his first for a non profit here in SL. It was a lunch meeting and he was wholly inappropriate with his comments about having the "pretty lady" sit next to him. It was uncomfortable for everyone.

A billion or so dollars can't make you a decent person but it doesn't look like decent people accumulate a billion dollars.

jessyca and RSLer repped this.
  20. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Very rare. And if they were once decent, it often goes south pretty quickly.

goobx1 repped this.
  21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    money is a hell of a drug

goobx1 repped this.
  22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this sport (and sport in general - see Hockey Canada) has normalized behavior that is so morally bankrupt that I struggle to understand why parents still put their kids in these environments.

BalanceUT repped this.
  23. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top PTFC supporters groups aren’t satisfied with Paulson’s removal as CEO. They want Peregrine Sports to sell both clubs and divestment of all interests in Portland area soccer period. Paulson is majority owner of Peregrine Sports. So them removing him as CEO is a bit of a sleight of hand manouver. Pardon the French, but it just seems like a sh**** organization in all of this.

https://www.stumptownfooty.com/2022...t-reiterating-call-for-sale-of-timbers-thorns

jessyca and goobx1 repped this.
  24. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I really believe that MLS should make Paulson sell the club. They set a precedent with DLH and made him sell and it seems like his behavior might be small potatoes compared with what is going on in Portland.

Is the moral of the story that MLS is not ok with misogynists and racists, a la the DLH experience, but ok with just misogynists? It's ok if all that we did was mistreat women? Come on.

It's bad all round and he deserves to go.

RSLer repped this.
  25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS didn't force DLH to sell. DLH did that on his own accord

The league cannot force a sell of the club without a 75%(?) vote from the owners. And that type of vote has never been called to happen because other owners are scared of what it could mean for them in the future.

The league can leverage fines and suspend the owner, but forcing a sell would be new territory.