Even more . . . Stuff from other MLS Teams

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 30, 2014.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those season ticket deposits didn't know of the PSL. I've heard of a lot of people asking for their deposit back because of that

BalanceUT and 2nd Mouse repped this.
  2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. That's some serious bait-and-switch. I would feel lied to.

goobx1 repped this.
  3. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well obviously this blue part here is the land

SenordrummeR2 and Ismitje repped this.
  5. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, we're going with Arrested Development quotes? Well then, my thoughts of the Colorado topographical design are the same as my thoughts of our jersey's similar design: "Those are balls!".

Also RIP Jessica Walter

SenordrummeR2 and 15 to 32 repped this.
  6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have a quota of Arrested Development/Office/Community/etc quotes to fill each day. This is the least you could do.

Also, the news about Jessica Walter sucks. I really liked her style

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New USOC qualifying guidelines. They're even more aribtrary than the previous ones. The top 8 US MLS team's after May 3rd (three weekends of play) will qualify. That's... something. We only play 2 games because we open with a bye. not that it matters, honestly, but it's just hilarious to note. Strangely, the tournament decided to use last years standings for D2 and D3:
    • Division II (4 slots) – USL Championship 2020 semifinal playoff teams: El Paso Locomotive FC, Louisville City FC, Phoenix Rising FC, Tampa Bay Rowdies
    • Division III (2 slots) – National Independent Soccer Association 2020 Fall Champion Detroit City FC, USL League One 2020 Regular Season Champion Greenville Triumph SC
    Very US Soccer decision for the last two open division slots: Random draw to be conducted on April 7 to include the following:
    • One Open Division Local Qualifier drawn randomly from among 12 eligible
    • One National Premier Soccer League team drawn randomly from among 13 eligible
    • One USL League Two team drawn randomly from among 10 eligible
    • 2019 U.S. Adult Soccer Association National Amateur Cup champion Newtown Pride FC (Conn.)

8. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has his favorite UW pipeline just down the street, now...
    Gotta say, while it's not a GM role, this feels like a failing up type scenario.

goobx1 repped this.
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    15 to 32, JasonMa and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  12. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Yeah, but none of the Academy players were good enough for 1st team contracts, according to Waibel.

15 to 32 and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  13. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he said that, but the roster rules aren't what they are now. You couldn't realistically sign guys to $200-400k contracts back then. I believe the league changed some rules for Jordan Morris. Not sure if anyone that didn't sign is as good as him. Plus, Petke(?) probably wouldn't have played them and where would they have got games?
    Not defending him, but I don't think the situation was black and white. Feel free to correct me if my history is wrong.

14. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Fair. My feelings on Waibel are conflicting. He was brand-new to the role when he came here, and is quoted as saying that our FO was the worst environment in all of MLS. It's hard to gauge his performance in light of that fact. But it's also pretty frustrating hearing his disparaging comments about RSLs development and academy, and then being praised for his role in overseeing it. Maybe he was doing the Academy guys a favor by not bringing them under the tutelage of Petke and Cassar.

I wish him well in Seattle.

15 to 32 and Allez RSL repped this.
  15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless I'm mistaken, those rules do not/did not apply to the Monarchs. The club's refusal to leverage that part of the pyramid, and only continuing to paint it as a lesser professional team, is going to create these scenarios more and more.

Petke wouldn't have played them, but Freddy really showed he wants to play those young academy guys. I mean, look at Milan I... ok look at Chris gar... ok look at David Och... wait look at Luis Arr...

RSLer, acima and goobx1 repped this.
  16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is so CONCACAF

17. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter-Miami have loaned DP Mathias Pellegrini to Ft. Lauderdale CF of the USL so that they can meet the MLS DP regulations. I feel bad for Pellegrini, but LMAO at Inter. I have to admit to some surprise that Garber didn’t invent some new rules to allow Beckham to get away with it.

rslfanboy repped this.
  18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the other teams are clamoring for a "sporting" penalty - points reduction or something - to go with a fine, to dissuade teams from doing it again.

goobx1 and RSLer repped this.
  19. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on board with a sporting penalty if all 4 were considered DP's last year. I'm still confused how this happened and am really curious what is made public, if anything, in MLS's investigation

20. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Me too. MLS needs to at least "look" legitimate.

Making teams live up to the rules and pay the consequence only enhances the league. If the teams/owners have to respect the league so will the fans.

It can only help.

BalanceUT and RSLer repped this.
  21. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Without revealing results, did anyone watch any of the MLS openers that are worth catching on replay? I have time to watch a couple this week while I work, but I'd prefer to avoid any duds.

22. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I watched the Galaxy v Austin game. Pretty enjoyable.

Saw some of the Crew v Philly game too. Don’t know how it ended but it was ok.

Allez RSL repped this.
  23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For insights into our matchup, watch the Seattle Minnesota game. If nothing else, you'll get to see a really nice goal.

Allez RSL and rslfanboy repped this.
  24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I'd watch the highlights of the Houston v. San Jose game, but probably not the whole thing. There's an AMAZING goal and an AMAZING whiff! The one goal I'm talking about will probably be in the GotY final voting.

Allez RSL repped this.
  25. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were several GoTY candidates this weekend. Lots of teams decided defense wasn't worth it over the weekend.