Eurosport Bigsoccer????

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Jerlon, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Jerlon

Jerlon Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Western NY
    Is it just me or has this site turned into bigeurosport.com for everyone? My colors are Red and Black. The left frame is all Eurosport. The "home" link is soccer.com

What is this all about?

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Jerlon

Jerlon Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Western NY
    Thanks!

Anyone want to fill me on on why it was doing that?

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    must have clicked on the BigSoccer's link from eurosport... then it set your cookies... clicking the "BS skin" re-set your cookies...

5. Jerlon

Jerlon Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Western NY
    hmm, I dont know what I did. I hadn't been to eurosports site until after I had all of the problems. But thanks for the heads up, now I know just to delete my bigsoccer and eurosport cookies next time.

6. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went in straight from Yahoo (my homepage) and I got the EuroSport thing.

7. athens77

athens77 New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Durham, NC, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This skin change thing happens almost every other day now for me. I use yahoo for mail and usually click the link from my mail. It wouldn't be so bad if the Eurosport skin did'nt have broken images and stuff in it and was eaiser on the eyes.

Is there a way to keep this from happenening or maybe a small little link at the top of the forums that resets to the bigsoccer skin (like the one provided in this thread).

8. Jerlon

Jerlon Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Western NY
    I get it everytime I come to BigSoccer through a thread that im subscribed to. When I get mail, I just click the link and get eurosport bigsoccer... Every link to an image is broken, it loads horribly slow...

9. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    If this keeps happening to you, I think you need to clear your cookies. Try these steps:

10. athens77

athens77 New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Durham, NC, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do this. And clar my cookies. then a few days later it happens again. And so on...

11. christopher d

christopher d New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Weehawken, NJ
    Sticky?

Anyway this thread can be stickied? I find my self running searches for it every week or two to get the BS skin back.

Thanks!

12. Fleetwood Mac #1

Fleetwood Mac #1 New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Queens, NY
    Same here except I have dcunited.com frame instead of Eurosport. It must be from the disease-ridden DCU message board I visited once.

13. Godot22

Godot22 New Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Waukegan
    If you subscribe to a thread, and if the next person who replies to the thread is viewing the Eurosport boards, the e-mail notification you get will have a link to the boards with the Eurosport graphics.

This is particularly obnoxious for those of us who are Premium subscribers, since the Eurosport boards are not ad-free. It's not hard to fix (the link above should work), but it's annoying.

14. Godot22

Godot22 New Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Waukegan
    Just as an example of the above:

versus

15. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We're gonna try to eliminate that quirk.

16. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    This "skins" thing really sucks. Please fix it Big Soccer!! I love this site, but I hate than dang thing hijacking my toolbar!