European Powerhouse club + their fans Question

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Catfish, Oct 14, 2003.

1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see where your coming from but the DFB's favortisim as you say is just that, it comes from the DFB, why hate Bayern for it? I mean, they are successful...as any club wants to be, they reach success, then comes stuff like favoritism like you say.

It is like the spoils of war you know, you go to war for one thing, but you get all these other collective goods out of it...I don't know if its a good analogy or not but you see where im going with this?

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are ignoring the rulebreaking and cheating that makes the favoritism possible. The DFB didn't tell Bayern, "Please cheat to stay on top and we won't punish you".

If Bayern didn't break rules and cheat, that favoritism wouldn't be necessary.

Dude, there's no way to spin it in Bayern's favor if you look at it honestly. Trust me, I tried.

Especially with Bayern's last major scandal involving the DFB. Do you remember that one??

Bayern was caught red handed breaking the Bundesliga's TV revenue sharing agreement. Finally, ALL the other clubs demanded Bayern FINALLY be punished for something.

When the DFB actually considered justifiably coming down on Bayern, did Bayern apologize?? Were they contrite??

F#(K NO!!

Their arrogance was so great, they threatened to withdraw from the freakin' league before accepting the punishment the DFB were considering!!!

And they pretty much got away with it again.

Sorry. You are not going to convince me to cheer for these guys or even think of them in a nice way.

Their good work cannot be denied and I definitely give credit where it is due.

But again, it doesn't excuse their cheating either. Cheating which is well-documented and well-proven.

No, I really don't see where you are going with this.

I see a Bayern fan trying to rationalize his club's rulebreaking and cheating into something "acceptable". I know how it feels. I tried to do it myself until I could no longer stand it.

Dude, I've been to war. That was not a good analogy. We don't usually get any "other collective goods" out of it unless we steal them.

Which fits right into Bayern's wheelhouse.........