Europa League

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by Schalkoholic, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Time to open a new Thread.

Schalke starts in the Group Stage
    Draw in Monaco 28 August 2015

2. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    My favourite group in the Europa League

FC Schalke 04
    Liverpool or Celtic
    Tel Aviv
    Rapid Vienna

3. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    That would be awesome.

4. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope we win. It's time to repeat 97.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  5. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #5 cortisoljunkie, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt it after last season. The Europa League draws far less interest than the CL.

7. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #7 cortisoljunkie, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Group K
    [​IMG]Schalke(GER)
    [​IMG]APOEL(CYP)
    [​IMG]Sparta Praha(CZE)
    [​IMG]Asteras(GRE)

..the who's who of WHO?! .. so random.

8. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think I remember some dour games against APOEL and Sparta years ago. Think Sparta kicked us out of the UEFA-Cup once. Could have been a different team from Prague or Nikosia.

9. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nice Away trips for our Supporters.
    esp Cyprus in september

10. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    so everbody gone for Cyprus ????

11. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, I have school and an embarrassing lack of funds. Be careful not to be confused with a refugee. ^^

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Gotta say that away game at Prague would make for a fun road trip.

13. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    They've just arrived :) (pic from Nordkurve fb page)

[​IMG]

CCinGermany and Epitome990 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Tough slide you guys have been on lately in the BL. Really need to use this match against APOEL to get back on track. Frankly I'm not a fan of Aogo, he hasn't been that effective. Would rather give Kolasinac another chance at returning as the starting LB. This is a good game to reintroduce him in that position. EMCM needs to start picking up the slack, his production has been greatly missed in the rotation. At least Di Judas has been useful in Europa.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/a...ig-von-seinen-bubi-rettern-43549886.bild.html

Breitenreiter to continue going with the young guns; Meyer, Sane, and Goretzka for this one. The other lad who was called up last weekend from the U19s, Fabian Reese may also get another chance. Exciting times for the youngster, who also celebrates his 18th birthday next Monday and is expected to sign his first pro contract.

17. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #18 cortisoljunkie, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    It certainly looks dreadful on paper, but the mood is still good. Dortmund and Bayern are just better than us, but in both games there wasn't a lack of effort, just ..well, class. Which I suppose is why there are no complaints so far as I can tell. Tough games against Gladbach a month or so ago, so points dropped there and kicked out of the cup - those guys are flying at the moment, don't know what that bald dudes magic trick is.

It's just that game against Ingolstadt, those were dropped points and some stalling in Europa against Prague which makes this look bad.

So certainly, it's not great. But the tough stuff is out of the way, so long as we can arrest the slide tomorrow so this doesn't actually become a habit, or how some people say 'forgetting how to win', I think it's not too bad. We have remaining; bayer (A), hannover (H), augsburg (A) and hoffenheim (H) (will be at the Hoffenheim game, still trying to figure out the logistics so I can get to Augsburg on a Sunday.) - if we can pick up 9 points, we should be alright. 12 would be better though ;)

7 points or less, and maybe it'll become a little edgy. hopefully BMG and VW will drop some points ,,,oh, and Hertha. what the heck is going on with those guys o_O

I'm flying over in <24hrs (to London, then I'll work my way to Germany via France), last time I was so ... noob (?), that I had everything printed/packed/arranged weeks to months in advance. This time it seems I've overcompensated and done pretty much nothing at all, aside from a booked flight and a few compulsory train reservations. ..how the ******** am I even getting to the airport? shit.. I actually need to take this more seriously :oops:

Epitome990 repped this.
  18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #19 Epitome990, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    Haha sounds like my history of how I've dealt with travelling to Europe. First time was a couple years ago and I did extensive research months in advance. Preparing and fussing over every detail. Last year I just downloaded a couple of offline map/info apps onto my phone and totally winged it the entire way.

I've grown to really enjoy the spontaneous and unexpected travel experience. Not completely knowing what tomorrow has in store until you get there was part of the thrill. Especially by riding the trains. Too bad this winter I won't be going anywhere exciting. Actually this will be my first Xmas and NYE that I'll be stuck in Canada in a long while. Might go to New York again in a few months but that's partially for work and not quite as fascinating any more having been there so often lately. Oh well, hopefully more time and opportunity next year. I've been to Germany, Holland, and Austria before but next on my list are the UK, Scandinavia, and also cities like Gdansk or Budapest. Cheers mate, hope you have a good time over there!

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    17 shot attempts in the first half but none at the back of the net yet. Time for the boys in blue to get serious and start burying those chances. Especially with Sparta Prague now leading and also currently taking top spot in the group.

20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Fahrmann bailing out the team there saving that 1-on-1 breakaway shot. Meanwhile, does Breitenreiter have anything else in his playbook? All I'm seeing are rushed counter attacks and isolated individual efforts. What a sloppy offensive display.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Lmao Aogo wtf was that, why is he even taking corner kicks?

The longer this scoreless drought drags on, the less cohesive these players look. Too many ugly crosses and wayward shots.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Schalke quite fortunate that APOEL are equally toothless on their finishing touch. 2-3 big errors now coughed up by the defenders which could have proved costly.

23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #24 Epitome990, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Finally EMCM gets on the scoreboard, 1-0!!

Sane draws a penalty after shooting right at an opponent's arm for the handball call.

Lol, I knew Aogo would choke. :laugh: Seriously, stop playing this guy. Should have gone with the easy decision and had Hunterlaar shoot that. In the end, not pretty but enough to get the job done. Tons of things that need work on though.

24. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Haha .. yeah I would certainly have agreed, but I decided to try an overnight ferry having never taken the sea route before (Portsmouth -> Saint - Malo). Spent the best part of two hours with my head either in, or resting on, the toilet. I guess it's an experience, but I don't think I'll ever do it again :sick::laugh:

Epitome990 repped this.