Euro2004: Squad for Belarus

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by VFish, Sep 2, 2002.

1. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Stam, Paauwe, and van der Vaart returning:

http://www.knvb.nl/oran/news/fullstory.sps?id=10029602&LanguageID=9

Edwin van der Sar (Fulham) and Ronald Waterreus (PSV);

Frank de Boer (FC Barcelona), Jaap Stam (Lazio Roma), Kevin Hofland (PSV), Patrick Paauwe (Feyenoord), Michael Reiziger (FC Barcelona) and Fernando Ricksen (Glasgow Rangers);

Mark van Bommel (PSV), Paul Bosvelt (Feyenoord), Phillip Cocu (FC Barcelona), Edgar Davids (Juventus), Patrick Kluivert (FC Barcelona) and Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax);

Jerrel Hasselbaink (Chelsea), Pierre van Hooijdonk (Feyenoord), Roy Makaay (Deportivo La Coruna), Ruud van Nistelrooij (Manchester United), Boudewijn Zenden (Chelsea) and Andy van der Meyde (Ajax).

Business as usual.

2. italia_in_02

italia_in_02 New Member

Jul 24, 2001
    NJ

You wrote.....'Jerrel Hasselbaink' is that Jimmy Floyd's alter ego.....? Or is that his real name?

3. astabo0ty

astabo0ty New Member

Mar 25, 2002
    South Florida
    In Europe he is Jimmy Floyd, in Holland he is Jerrel. His real name is Jimmy Floyd but i believe Jerrel is a nickname given by his mother???

4. astabo0ty

astabo0ty New Member

Mar 25, 2002
    South Florida
    btw any1 know if FSW or any channel airing the game? and any webcasts in english, dutch, whatever? if not i hope sum1 is doing play by play on the boards! :)

5. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    I thought it was the other way around. Jerrel being his real name... what the heck do I know anyway.

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    coughZendensuckscough

Why in the name of Mozes isn't Sikora playing instead of him? Why?!?

7. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oscar

Good question, especially since Sikora is in good form.

8. astabo0ty

astabo0ty New Member

Mar 25, 2002
    South Florida
  9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    JFH

Actually, his real name is 'Jerrel Floyd Hasselbaink'. He became 'Jimmy Floyd' while playing in Portugal because the Portuguese couldn't pronounce Jerrel. The real question is why doesn't he see more action in an Oranje jersey?

10. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Isn't Jerrel the name of Superman's dad? Funny, it's usually Konterman who plays like the ball is made of kryptonite . . . ;-P

11. Narmec

Narmec Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Tucson, Arizona
    Re: JFH

The answer is Patrick Kluivert. Yes, I know he is considered overrated by many on these boards, but he is already close to breaking the all-time record for goals (37 is the record?).

Also, now with RvN in the same position, it will be hard for him to get into games. Funny, in the Ireland game, when Van Gaal panicked and put JFH on the right, I thought he was their most dangerous player.

12. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Re: Re: JFH

Apparently, "Van the Man" received a slight knock in Man U’s last match. He’s listed as doubtful, could this be an opportunity for JFH?

Anyone know the extent of RVN's knee injury?

13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Bah! Kluivert is not overrated...the people who say this are probably the same ones who think Zenden is a good player. :D

Haven't heard anything about Ruudje having a minor injury, but then you should take those newsflashes from Manchester United about a player being injured with a grain of salt....usually it just means they want to keep them in Manchester as opposed to letting them play for their National team.

14. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Kluivert vs. Jimmy Floyd

It’s not that Kluivert is overrated, he’s just not clutch… at least not in an Oranje jersey. Euro2000 is a prime example. He has a wonderful outing vs. the Yugoslavs, but follows it with a dreadful performance against the Italians. JFH, on the other hand, is an assassin. I have to believe he’d have finished a few of the opportunities Kluivert was given.

As for RVN, his injury report came from the KNVB not Man U, but your correct… it’s much ado about nothing. He be in the starting lineup tomorrow.

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Hello VFish.
    Hope i find you well.

JFH is in terrible form at the moment for Chelsea.
    Not 100% match fit yet, poor first touch still, unwilling to strain himself just yet because of the recent operation.
    But he still has that eye for goal though.

Bolo Zenden has been one of ther players of the season to date in the Epl.On terrific form at the club at the mo.Fitness is still a bit suspect though as he runs out of puff about the 75th min mark.

Still, after last seasons injury plagued season it's a fantastic and well welcomed difference.

16. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Hello ClanBlue!

Thanks for the update… sorry to here about JFH’s current form. Luckily we’ve plenty of options up front. I’m more concerned with the overall mentality of this team. Complacency, arrogance, and internal strife, not individual performances, are what usually spell our doom. Hopefully our WCQ disaster will cure those ills.

Hup, Holland, Hup!

17. TheWorstKind

TheWorstKind New Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Virginia Beach
    Dear Me....

How low have I sunk? Forced to post on a Holland board. My oh my...

Hello VFish and CB, good to "see" you guys. Where else are you posting?

18. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    eff off back to the Germany board, you kraut.

19. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    TheWorstKind

Hello TWK,

I’ve been posting here and the USNT boards. ClanBlue, as I'm sure you've surmised, can be found on the Chelsea board. Perhaps we’d better we’d set up another base camp on the “Free For All” board before I’m accused of fraternizing with the enemy. ;)

I’ll send ya a PM.