Euro Qualifier Sept. 8th, 2007 : Italia - France [R]

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by jpg75, Aug 27, 2007.

1. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here is Donadoni's Italian squad.

Goalkeepers
    Abbiati (Atletico Madrid), Amelia (Livorno), Buffon (Juventus)

Defenders
    Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Olympique Lyonnais), Oddo (Milan), Panucci (Roma), Zambrotta (Barcelona)

Midfielders
    Ambrosini (Milan), Aquilani (Roma), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Foggia (Cagliari), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan)

Forwards
    Del Piero (Juventus), Di Natale (Udinese), Inzaghi (Milan), Lucarelli (Shakhtar Donetsk), Quagliarella (Udinese), Toni (Bayern Munich)

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

so weird having a guy from a french club on the squad we want to beat so badly

3. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
  4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: World Cup Q: Italia - France (Sept. 8th, 2007)

Anybody broadcasting this State side?

5. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

TV5 is in Canada, I'd assume in the US it will be the same.

6. thegreatcrab

thegreatcrab Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Brighton, MA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Ya, here in Canada it'll for sure be on TV5 in French and RAI International in Italian. Not aware of any English broadcasts of the match though. Perhaps TLN her in Canada will show it in English but it's highly doubtful.

9. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'd kick Lassana Diarra off the team for that, especially as I don't think he actually deserves his spot anyway. I think Lassana is Domenech's favorite, hence why I'm not all that shocked by those comments, and also the guy's only been on the NT for months, so it's somewhat excusable, though again, I'm not in agreement with it at all.

Happy to see Vieira and Mihajlovic able to work together, though I can't say I'd have expected it to go as smoothly as suggested.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it's an immature comment froma young man who, like most of us, knows less than he imagines and believes too much of what he hears and reads. let's face it, this stereotype about italian football doesn't begin or end with diarra and domenech, it's one of the erroneous truisms of the game... along with the french NT not being french or england being among the favorites every WC or euro!

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, couldn't resist could you

12. Sildegil

Sildegil New Member

May 15, 2002
    Even if i use to really appreciate your posts, I am really sorry but I have to disagree on this one.

There is no need of "political correctness" on these boards. There is enough in the world atm.

I think Diarra's comments are not smart because they could give the italian NT even more motivation. But that doesn't mean it is necessarily wrong.

Why do we have to think that all "stereotype" are necessarily untruth ? Why all those supposed "stereotypes" have to be equivalent in mediocrity and out of reality ?

It is a fact that DOM, TOM, Corsica, etc... are french territories.

It is a fact that all discussions about "pure blood" origins are nauseus. The evolution was to consider, for nationality, at least as much important the country you were born in than the "blood" in your veins.

It is a fact that contesting that someone who has spent 80% or 90% of his life in a country is somehow entitled to claim nationality is also absurd.

But ...

It can be a fact (not only an opinion !), or at least be discussed as a fact, that french are usually arrogant. Thats Vietnamees are usually shy. That Portugal NT contains more players that like to dive than other NTs. Etc...

Thats Italian NT is known for playing mind games during the game.

There is no racism in it. We are not etablishing a overall hierarchy between "races".

Sometimes, a supposed "stereotype" or "cliché" used to be a fact and is not one anymore. It is then accuratly called a cliché. For example, the long pass football of the english players.

I am not even sure to break a "tabou". I think most people, intimitly, do agree with me but refuse to accept it because of this freaking political correctness.

13. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    there's a difference between repeating what is true and repeating something until it sounds true. Truth sets you free, truisms dictate your behviour and view of the world.

ps: You just have to love these 'arrogant' frenchmen who consider that they can decree what is 'fact' and what is opinion :D

14. Sildegil

Sildegil New Member

May 15, 2002
    Well...

First of all, there is a difference between debating with opinions (which is pointless) and trying to find out what is a fact. I am entitled, as anyone, to seek for facts and try to establish some. I may be wrong. I may be right. But that s not the point.

Let me share an excessive but accurate exemple :

Discussing about weither blue or green is the most beautiful color is absolutly ininteresting. We can use the 'I think", "I beleive", "in my opinion" all the way long but what's the point ? They is no truth in this case.

Discussing to know if Italian footballers cheats more than other NT can lead to a fact, not a opinion. Of course we have to define "cheating" (which is a difficult task) but it is possible.

To answer to your "PS", no need to be Einstein to be able to figure what can lead to an opinion or to a fact. ;)

15. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    No more weird than us having a couple of French NT representives in the Serie A.

16. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hey guignol, when you said that france v/s italy is at 20:50 GMT+1, are you saying that it's 19:50 GMT? In that case the germany game and this one overlap...

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes, 20:50 here is 19:50 in cardiff, so you can watch 20 minutes of Wales-Germany before switching to real football ;) !

18. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    HAHA, this match is all I can think about now that its soo close. Im so tense I just want to get it over with :D

19. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can't wait either, though as an aperitif, Les Espoirs are taking on Wales in Euro 2009 qualifying. Both Ben Arfa and Ménez are out with injury, though. On the plus side, Gourcuff and Charles N'Zogbia are in the starting lineup. Digard, Gakpé, Quercia, Gouffran, Marange, Bellaid and Dabo would be among the L1 players who are starting. Jourdren is in goal as Hugo Lloris is out with an injury. Kaboul is captaining the side. Quite a good team, even if missing two of their best players in Ben Arfa and Ménez are out.

20. allezlesbleusno1

allezlesbleusno1 New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This game's building up some steam and I just can't wait till tomorrow anymore! :D
    Should be a great match...

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

21. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I just want to extend a hand to the French - no hard feelings, whatever happens tomorrow?

Soccer aside, Italy and France are great friends and close allies politically, economically, and culturally. Let's not let a soccer game - no matter the hype - destroy that. :D

22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With that said, I hope France takes care of business tomorow :D

Best of luck!

23. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I do to. A 2-0 loss to Italy would just about do it. :D

24. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's been about 15 years since France lost a game by more than 1 goal, hopefully the trend wont end in this match for heavens sake :eek:. That's how France takes care of business
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS

25. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    A loss is a loss, whether 1-0, 2-0, or 45-0.