Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Not sure how you managed to get a FAN ID without a ticket, none have been confirmed or issued.

2. mikpimmer

mikpimmer New Member

Shrewsbury
    England
    Aug 6, 2019
    Try this: https://www.fan-id.ru/contacts.html

3. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    glennaldo_sf repped this.
  4. Charlie_USA

Charlie_USA Member

Celtic
    Republic of Ireland
    May 14, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Just checked, I had R16 (Dublin) 2 tix Cat 1, and 2 tix Cat 2. So that is 4 tickets gone. The travel & vaccination news looks more promising for U.S. based fans.
    I still have both Semi's and the Final, so I re-booked the flight yesterday.

5. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Just as caveats to this undoubtedly good sign, individual countries will still be able to make their own decisions, the UK of course is no longer a member, and Ursula von der Leyen has a record of saying stuff she later has to retract. The tourism dependent Mediterranean countries are pushing hard for this as soon as possible whereas Northern countries like Germany may be more cautious about opening up as early as June. Great news that they finally seem to be getting their act together on vaccine certificates, just hope the UK follows suit ASAP.

mkdaman1818, Charlie_USA and Ric_Braz repped this.
  6. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah and to be fair the announcement seems intentionally vague with respect to dates. Lot can always change between now and then, but it’s still encouraging.

7. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Can I purchase tickets for the reorganised matches?

Further details about tickets sales for the re-organised matches in London, Saint Petersburg and Seville will be communicated on EURO2020.com/tickets and via email to existing ticket buyers.

Importantly, existing ticket buyers for Bilbao and Dublin will receive priority access on a first-come, first-served basis to future ticket sales windows for the corresponding re-organised fixtures.

Well let's hope the Priority access happens :)

8. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything I have seen is focused on the vaccine brand, has to be one approved by the EU.

10. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Too early to tell, depends on the infection rate in Qatar and how much attention the border guards are paying. You'd probably stroll through Heathrow at the moment with a smudged doctor's note, they're that harassed and understaffed.

11. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC

Intriguing.

Wonder if you’d be able to switch it up and get a ticket for Seville instead of St. Petersburg for example.

12. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What does priority access on first come first served basis mean ?

13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It is not clear yet.

However it cannot be good news for ticketholders as it is clearly a way to recover tickets.

For Dublin ticketholders demand for SPB will be pretty small. However demand for Wembley will be huge. 50% capacity is 40K for Wembley so plenty of tickets for existing ticket holders.

Time will tell but it is frustrating.

14. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    It says "for the corresponding reorganised fixtures" which implies you can only rebuy for the game(s) you already had.

And "priority access on a first-come, first-served basis" means that only ex-ticketholders can buy, but they still have to be quick.

Probably.

15. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    There's every chance this has already been mentioned upthread, but Qatar is currently on the UK Red List, so make sure you don't go there if you're coming here ;-)
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-measures-to-protect-the-uk-from-variant-strains-of-covid-19

16. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Absolutely nothing if they operate the same way as last year, in fact I think losers in the lottery, who were promised the same last year, actually ended up in the back of the queue for the next round. Hopefully it was a glitch that will be sorted for this time around.

17. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Possibly.

Timanfaya and popularside repped this.
  18. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    If they do let the previous ticket holders have priority I wonder if they will limit you/me/us to the same CAT and amount of tickets as previously had.

19. BarneyG

BarneyG Member

None
    Mar 16, 2016
    Club:
    Everton FC

Have they stated when this will be?

I'm curious to whether they will announce who has been successful for certain games before allowing a resale for fans unsuccessful, or not.

Will be intriguing regardless.

20. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I imagine at best it will be a freeforall for a reasonabe number of cat 1s and a handful of cheaper tickets. You might be limited to your previous held number.

It leaves a sour taste that they are currently trying to flog seats at 1500 euro + VAT.

21. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    £20 per minute VAT inc..:laugh:

22. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    The lottery for all tickets must happen very early in May I would hope.
    Final tickets if you still have them your chances of winning in the lottery must be quite good considering you start at Evens and your chances increase by the amount of hand backs and then the amount of FMT and other withdrawals. Maybe makes it about 1/2 that you get your tickets.

23. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They updated some of the verbiage now that the portal has closed, but still using the vague during May timeline.

How and when will UEFA run the ballot due to capacity reduction?

Now that the Ticket Return Portal has closed, UEFA will calculate the number of remaining tickets per match and per category. Should there be matches where there are more sold tickets than the new agreed capacity, UEFA will run a random ballot per order and per match to determine which tickets remain valid.
    For tickets purchased through the Participating National Associations sales program, the rules of the respective fan clubs will apply and further information will be communicated in due course.
    The results of the ballot will be communicated to every ticket buyer via email during May. In this email, ticket buyers will be informed whether their ticket(s) will remain valid or have been cancelled.

24. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also thought I had read/heard that cities had until tomorrow to increase their percentages, but not sure there is any way that happens.

25. petschovschi

petschovschi Member

May 7, 2018
    #6450 petschovschi, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Yes, it would be fair. Same category, same number of tickets (or maybe less, but not more)